Monday, September 2, 2013

Witch Way to the Treats? BBTB2 Challenge

Hello my crafty friends, happy Monday to you! Do you have any picnics planned for today? We don't, just farm work for the hubs and I will be piddling around the house and maybe in the craft room.  I hope you enjoy your self what ever you have on the go!!  It's time for a new BBTB2 challenge and our own talented and sweet leader Susan has chosen the French Fry box from Art Philosophy or any other box for our challenge die cut. I've been wanting to use this cut so I'm glad that Susan picked it! I decided to go with a Halloween theme on my box to get my goodies ready for my grandchildren. The paper I used came from a Hobby Lobby Paper Studio stack called Jeepers Creepers. So here is my first French Fry box, I used an old rosette that I had left over and it worked perfectly, I put Hello Kitty all dressed up in her witch outfit on the rosette and tied black and orange seam binding on that I dyed with Tim Holt's distress inks. I glued my rosette on my box and then tucked some tissue paper down into the box and added my candy. I also used some stickles on Hello Kitty. I am also thinking about adding a tag on it to say Happy Halloween.  Quick and simple! So now I just need to get the rest of them done. lol Need some inspirations? Go check out BBTB2 and see what my design team sisters have in store for you! Ok it's your turn, make the French Fry box from AP, if you don't have AP when use any 3D box and link up with us. We so love when you get crafty with us! 






16 comments:

Jayne said...

Brenda your box is magical! Love Hello Kitty dressed up and sat on the rosette. Your grandchildren will love this box of treats.
Hugs
Jayne x

Tammy said...

What a cute box Brenda that would be a perfect box to make for my bus kids for Halloween. I'd have to exclude hello kitty though cause most of my crew are middle school boys, I personally love hello kitty though. Tfs your awesome project.hugs

Caroline said...

Oh Brenda, your box is just so cute. I sure wish I had thought to use a rosette! I love how you put the kitty on the rosette. Love the glitter, too. Your grands will love their treat box!!

Susan Edwards said...

OHMYGOSH! Love me some Hello Kitty!!! It is an illness I know, BUT I adore that little cat! She is so wickedly cute in that Halloween costume! Love your Fry box and the rosette and HK on the front. Wonderful papers (love the dots) and great bow. Oh... And I do love Butterfingers!!
xx Susan

DIANA L. said...

This is so awesome my friend, I just finished mine and didn't even realize you had used a rosette to, we are twins ha ha. I will post in about a half hour i need to put it together
I love your hello Kitty.
Hugs DIANA L. Have a great week

The Queen (Laura) said...

This is so adorable! Such a fun treat! Hello Kitty is so cute! Love the box. Yummy treats! Great job!
Lots of Hugs,
Laura

Sharon said...

WOW!!! I so love your fry box Brenda!!! I love love love Hello Kitty!! And the rosette is pretty. And I love the papers and ribbon.
And Great Minds Think Alike!!! Hahaha :)

Anonymous said...

Brenda, I love HK. She's so cute on your adorable box. Perfect for Halloween. (you used my fav candy, too-Butterfinger)

MaryH said...

Aw, this is just so cute. Your grands are going to fall in love with Miss Kitty, and especially all the treats you have in it. Looks perfect to me, w/out you adding another single thing! TFS & Hugs

Carole Beath said...

Hi Brenda... what a cute project you've created. Just love it ... Hope you had a wonderful safe Labor Day. Hugs.
Carole

StampArt Design by Kathryne said...

This is really cute, Brenda. It's lovely to see your creative inspiration. Thanks for visiting me and leaving your sweet comments. xx Kathryne

Lysa said...

Hi Brenda,
Halloween Kitty ..... PERFECT! It's just not Halloween without her! I think I need to take a trip to Hobby Lobby for some of that paper too. It looks great. Is it double sided? Let me know when you can.
Lysa

Brenda said...

Hi Lysa, No this paper pack isn't double sided. I wish all paper was double sided. lol Thanks for your kind comments and the tip about the loom!!!

Unknown said...

I am a sucker for anything Hello Kitty, so this project is beyond fabulous! love it!

Ruth G said...

Such a sweet candy holder! I just love Hello Kitty and yours is so fun with her glittery elements and the great rosette behind her! Thanks so much for sharing!

Scrapping Girl said...

So cute and the rosette works wonderfully on the front with kitty! (Love kitty all decked out for Halloween!)
Michelle