Monday, September 16, 2013

Autumn-BBTB2 Challenge

Happy Monday my crafty friends! Today is a new challenge day over at BBTB2. Our sweet Sharon has given us the theme of Autumn! I love the vivid colors of autumn, the warm days and cool nights, yes just a perfect time of year! For my card today I used the new CTMH Artbooking cartridge. Love this cartridge and have just started exploring it, but it is a must have for sure! Any way I cut out the leaf from the shift icon button. I cut the top of the leaf in photo paper and then used the following alcohol inks to make it look like it does: Meadow, Latte, Butterscotch, Currant and Ginger. When a friend of mine gets her pics developed, they change out the paper when it gets low and she always asks if she can have it. It doesn't work in my printer, but it sure makes a great paper to use with alcohol inks! So if you get your pics developed and they run out of paper, asked for the roll they take out as they are going to throw it away anyway. The sketch is based off an old Mojo Monday sketch. I used My Creative Times  Mixed Holiday Sentiments and Piles of Smiles for my sentiments and die cut leaves on the inside of my card. My sequins are from American Crafts that I picked up at Target. My papers came from last years fall DCWV stack, I think. Not 100% sure about that. So how about making an autumn card and linking up with us! It's simple, just make sure to use your Cricut! Need some inspiration? Look no further than the BBTB2 design team, they will knock your socks off with their projects!!!  Also please not that BBTB2 is having a design team call!! If you want to be on an awesome team then please apply here!!!   As always thanks for taking the time to come by today!





12 comments:

Unknown said...

I love everything about this card! You chose the most perfect papers and everything! Lovely!

MaryH said...

Outstanding card! Love the fall colors and perfecto on that maple leaf. Great DP and layout, and loved the s/binder mat for your gorgeous leaf. You even made the inside purty! Thanks for the tip on the photo paper. This is a gorgeous card. Good job! TFS & Hugs

Susan S. said...

Brenda, I LOVE this card! The effect that you got with the alcohol inks is spectacular. I've never used them before and this is the one project that may get me to branch out (though I hate to add anything else to my GYNORMOUS craft stash and thus take over more of the house). I wonder if I could get the same effects with Copic pens on photo paper? I may have to try that. I love fall! I love your card. And I love this cartridge too. I bought it the day that it became available. I will check out more of your blog now that I've been introduced via this card on the BBTB2 challenge. -- Susan

Caroline said...

Oh Brenda, this card is so beautiful. The leaf is stunning and I love the card design! Beautiful, beautiful card!!

Sharon said...

Oh my goshy dog!! This is most beautiful Brenda!!! I so love your leaf. It is awesome. And those papers you used are fabulous. Love how you finished the inside, too!!! :)

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Your card is so pretty! LOVE the leaf . TFS the tip about the photo paper!

Vickie said...

Love the way you did the leaf. Very pretty. And with the paper that you used it pops.

A Country Twinkle said...

Beautiful card! I love the colors in the leaf. Just like a fall leaf.

Diane said...

Beautiful card..and you make me want that cartridge!!

Pam MacKay said...

Wonderful design! Love how you used the alcohol inks on the leaf it turned out beautifully!

Susan Edwards said...

WOW, Brenda this card is stunning! Absolutely stunning! I love the papers you used, the inks, the embossing and the layers. The colors are beautiful. You so rocked this!!!
Hugs,
Susan

Scrapping Girl said...

The effect with the alcohol inks is STUNNING! The colors feel very rich and perfect for fall! The leaf cut is beautiful too-I am having so much playing with this cart for the first time this weekend!
:)
Michelle