Monday, September 23, 2013

Cats or Dog? BBTB2 Challenge

Hello my fabulous crafty friends! Another weekend has flown by and it is time for a new challenge over at BBTB2. Our challenge this week was given by our departing team member Shelly and our theme is a cat or a dog, which do you prefer? I chose a dog because we are dog lovers and have a cute little Jack Russell named Pockets. And boy does she have all of use wrapped around her little paw! She loves to go farming with DH and DS. And if she gets left behind when they leave she comes running into me to let her out. She is so much fun and brings a lot of joy to this house. Now does that mean that I don't like cats? No, I love kittens, cats I like and dogs I love, love. lol I love most all animals. So on my card I used the Cricut cartridge Elegant Edges for my mat and shadow, Nate's ABC's for my dog, she is all ready for a walk and just needs her owner to take her, and a Cuttlebug die for my photo corners. I used some clear iridescent sequins that I got at Hobby Lobby on my mat and some SU bling on my puppy's collar and my sentiment. My sentiment and sentiment shape came from My Creative Time and you can find that here.  I did a little inking with Tim Holtz distress ink Black Walnut. All papers except my card base came from my scrap drawers or as my Momma Mary says, I used "snippets". lol. So how about it, do you prefer a cat or a dog or both??? Come join us in this challenge using your Cricut machine. You know we love when you get crafty with us!! We will miss you and your cute cards Shelly!!! As always I'm so happy you took the time to stop by and visit me today! I hope you will come back and visit me again soon. Have a wonderful week!

edited to add that I submitted this into the Snippets Playground Challenge 91.





And here is our Pockets girl in the field of course! She thinks she is helping by keeping all the mice away. lol Yes, she is good at catching mice.




18 comments:

Jayne said...

Brenda your card is adorable as is Pockets. We had a Jack Russell when I was growing up called Pippa.
Our little Pan is getting an old lady she's 7 and a half and is as playful as ever.
Hugs
Jayne x

TerriK said...

Cute card, Brenda. I love the bling on the collar. Pockets is a cutie!

Caroline said...

Your card is so awesome. I love the background paper that you used and all the bling. A girl has to have bling, right?? Your doggie is very cute and they certainly take over our hearts.

Sharon said...

Pockets is adorable Brenda!! And a mouser, too! WOW!!! Love your card. The papers are great. Love this dog cut. :)

Vickie said...

cute card. so is Pockets.

Larelyn said...

This is just so cute, Brenda. I love the plaid paper - perfect background for your poochie! I have a jack russell-dachshund cross - can you imagine? Low to the ground but can jump 3 feet up!!! LOL.

Love the card.
Hugs,
Larelyn

Unknown said...

I love this card. What a cute little puppy dog! Very good paper choices and a great design!

MaryH said...

This is a cutie (you used snippets, why not dash over to the Playground and submit it there as well? Some nice prizes!). Love this little dog (and I'd be a dog person...allergic to cats). Love the detail of the leash, and what a wonderful 'missing you' card. Your little Pockets is a sweetie too. He has his 'guard stance' down very well. TFS & Hugs

Diane said...

Super cute card..and what a sweetie dog...my friends have a Jack Russell named Dora..named after Dora the Explorer, as she does love to explore!!

Anonymous said...

Hello there :)
What a cute card! I love that little pup-and that pretty collar you have added looks fabulous!
Best wishes,Nessa xx

Sarn said...

Terrific card and use of snippets.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

The Queen (Laura) said...

We are definitely dog people. This is so adorable, and especially since you've used my favorite color blue. I love the collar, and patterned paper you've used. Great job!
Lots of Hugs,
Laura

Di said...

Aw, so cute :) I'm guessing this is a card for the snippets Playground, although you don't say in your post. If it is, a HUGE welcome to you - and your lovely doggie :) Pleae give a pat and a cuddle from me.

Hugs, Di xx

Darnell said...

A fun post, Brenda! Pockets looks like a real love! Your card is adorable with the sweet pup waiting patiently for his walk! (I defo am a dog person, too!) Thanks for popping in to visit me!! Hugs, Darnell

Bernardine Cuttino said...

So cute and adorable, fun and more fun
Hugs

Pam MacKay said...

Super cute card I am a dog person too! I have a 92 pound yellow lab!!

ScrappyHorses said...

Ah, so this is your "mousing dog"! Pockets and your card are adorable!

~JulieH~ said...

Oh Brenda I love your 'snippets' card not that you would know you created it from scraps! I always feel good when I make a card from scraps! Love the bling and sequin detail. Your little Pockets tooks so cute keeping guard!
Hugs
Juliexx