Thursday, September 19, 2013

HB2U

Hello my crafty friends! I have a simple but cute card for you today. Son #1 had a birthday on Sept. 12th, but was still in Afghan at the time. He is now home and here is his birthday card. He is a heavy weight vehicle mechanic in the Army and has to be able to drive everything he fixes, so I made him a tool chest card. It's hard for me to come up with masculine cards at times. lol Now I have son #5's birthday card to do. His birthday is the 29th of Sept. and he teaches wood shop out in Iowa, so I think I am going to make him a tool chest too. lol Knock out two birds with one stone so to speak. I hope you enjoy this card. I used just red card stock and then used My Creative Time dies Stitched Party Dies which you can find here. The drawer handles are scraps of silver card stock punched with a discontinued SU punch. The tools are old stickers I used to look like they are "hanging" out the tool drawer (middle drawer is on pop dots) and the letter "wood" looking sticker are from my stash too and are old, old, old! lol  I inked the whole thing with Tim Holtz distress ink Black Soot. The inside sentiments are from Cardztv stamp set called Good Times and you can get that here. So what do you think?? Do you think it will pass for a mechanic and shop teacher??  As always thank you for stopping by to visit me today, I hope I was able to inspire you just a little!  

Linking with My Creative Time challenge: Birthday





12 comments:

Sandi said...

what wonderful detail, perfect male bd card, hugs

Jeri said...

Oh Brenda, I'm so happy to hear that your son is home safely. I can hear your sigh of relief. Your card is just too adorable. Why does it have to be so hard to come up with those guy cards. This is just a fab design and I'm going to have to tuck it away in my mind for my son and son-in-laws.

Sharon said...

How wonderful that your son is home safe and sound!!!
Love your card. The toolbox is great and I love how you have the tools sticking out of the drawer. Awesome card!!! :)

Mayras Designs said...

I love this !!! Super cute !!

Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Leanne said...

I'm so glad that your son is home! Your tool box card is absolutely adorable and wow such detail! Awesome job I know they both will love it! Thanks for joining us at My Creative Time Designer Challenge! Big hugs, Leanne

Cindy Beland said...

Your tool box birthday card is just FANTASTIC, SUPER job with it!!!Thanks for joining us at My Creative Time/Designer Challenge!!!:)

Cassandra said...

What a great card! And please tell you son THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE from me!!!!! Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time ~ Designer Challenge. :)

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous, Brenda. I love the tool chest. So glad your son is back safe. Hope he gets to stay home for a while.

MaryH said...

Now, this was inspired cardmaking for this special son. Great toolbox and love your stickers. They look so realistic the way you have them placed in the drawers. I know lots of guys who would love to get _this_ great card. Liked the inside too. (as always! :-)) TFS & Hugs. MM

The Queen (Laura) said...

I'm so glad your son is home! This is awesome! I love the drawers with tools in them! Great way to use up things in your stash! Your son will love it! I wish him a Happy Birthday!
Lots of Hugs,
Laura

Gaylynn said...

Hi Brenda. I think this is the most unique design. Love this masculine theme. How FUN. New follower of yours here. Cheers!! :)

Jayne said...

Congratulations on your win Brenda! So excited to see it was you! Love your fabulous card my friend.
Hugs
Jayne x