Wednesday, April 10, 2013

My Paper Crafting "I Feel the Love"

Hello my crafty friends, April's "I Feel the Love" project is about the Butcher family. It is heartbreaking to say the least and it hits home to many because the wife was a design team sister for My Paper Crafting in 2010.  Please read their story and take the time to send an uplifting card, this family sure could use some uplifting.


I Feel the Love Project- April 2013

The Butcher Family
Ryan (11), Ed, Ally (5), Debbie, Mady (3), and Kyle (9)



This is Ed's story:
In May of 2012, the Butcher family received the news that no family wants to hear.  Ed, husband and father to four young children had cancer.  He was diagnosed with stage IV colon cancer and lost his hard-fought battle on February 24, 2013.  Some of you may know Debbie as she is a member of our crafting community.  Debbie is a former member of the Cooking with Cricut Design Team where she shared her talents during the Fall term of 2010.  You can find her work on her blog at Workin' Scrappin' Mom of 4.

It is my honor and privilege to ask my fellow crafters and anyone who reads this blog to join me in sending cards to Debbie and her children for the month of April.  

These can be individual cards for the kids: 
Ryan (11), Kyle (9) 

 Ally (5)
 Mady (3)
 or for
Debbie
 
They can also be cards for the entire family.  
It is completely up to you.  

If you would like to be a part of this project...  
  
All you need to do is:

Submit your hand crafted card/s by April 30th to:

Madison Womack
IFTL Project
P.O. Box 1203
Atascadero, CA 93423

Project #20


For my card, I kept it simple because I think simple is just best in these kinds of situations. At first I was going to make a card for each child, but thought there was only 2 children for some reason. So I went back and checked it out and found out there are 4 children so I opted to do a family card.  I used the Create A Critter Cricut cartridge for my heart rainbow. The embossing folder is from SU and my sentiment I found in a book so I typed it out and glued it in for what I hope is an uplifting message to the family. My card is the typical A2 size. Now I want to get this in the mail but before I do I wanted some advice from you all.  I was thinking about putting the sentiment "thinking of you" on the inside curve of the rainbow, do you think I should?? 

Please go over to My Paper Crafting and see what my design team sisters have made too.  Make a card and link up with us! We love when you come and play with us and this gives you a chance to uplift this sweet family too!!




6 comments:

The Queen (Laura) said...

So so sad my friend. Sending prayers for the family. Your card is beautiful. I love the embossed clouds and the rainbow. The sentiment inside is beautiful.
Lots of Hugs,
Laura

Sheena said...

Pretty card! I know they will love it :)

~Sheena

Sandy Palmer said...

Such a sweet card Brenda! The inside made me choke up a bit! Wonderful sentiment! :)

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Brenda this is so cute and I love the inside sentiment. So perfect and such a sweet card.

Madison said...

Brenda, this is such a loving and beautiful card. Thank you so much. I know it will mean a lot to Debbie and the kids.
~Madison

MaryH said...

This is a sweet & thoughtful card. Colorful enough for the kids to enjoy and appreciate, but the sentiment inside is so perfect for such a sad time. Too young for such a loss. I love that you used your cloud ef again with this. Really appropriate with your rainbow...after the tears comes the rainbow again. Hugs & TFS.