Friday, April 19, 2013

Little Diva! Digital Dessert Fridaze

Happy TGIF my crafty friends!  It's Friday so that means it's another Digital Dessert Fridaze over at My Paper Crafting!  I used the digital stamp "QT Patootie Taylor", isn't she just a little diva?!! lol  That's what I thought and she reminded me of some of my grand-daughters, so I made this into a very simple, but cute birthday card. I colored her in using my Spectrum Noir markers, not real happy with her hair, but I will give it a go again. I think the extra "texture" with the lines made me goof up, so I will just have to practice that. I'm not real great with the markers but I think my coloring will pass as ok. lol I used MCT's Vintage Stitched Label die, I cut out my digi with it and then used it for a shadow as well.  I cut it in half and place half on each side of the digi.  I kept this card simple because I wanted the digi to "shine" through and because I loved the blue and white together, it is crisp and clean and just screams summer to me. Now I will have to color me some more Taylor's for the rest of my grand-daughters. lol  Go over to My Paper Crafting and see what my design team sisters have for you, I'm sure you will find tons of inspiration there! Then pick up the free digi Melin is offering, color it up and link it back up with us.  Your name will be entered twice for using one of Melin's digis!!  Have another digi you want to use-that's ok too, your name will still be entered into the drawing.  Have a wonderful weekend my crafty friends, and while you are at it continue to keep Boston and the victims of this weeks bombing in your prayers. Thank you!








8 comments:

Sandy Palmer said...

Brenda, I was trying to see how you did her eyes! They look shiny and glass like on my computer! You did a wonderful job on the coloring! What a sweet card too! :)

The Queen (Laura) said...

She's a very cute little diva! I love her eyes. So pretty. I love her hair. Yes it screams summer to me as well. I sure wish it was. It's only 47 degrees here. Great job my friend! Have a great weekend!
Lots of Hugs,
Laura

Lynden Blossom said...

Really Cute card for a Tween or Teen! About the hair... Don't be so hard on yourself (although I know I am on myself!) - I think it looks Fine in the pic! ;-}
Lynden
http://aneleganttouch-lynden.blogspot.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/An-Elegant-Touch-/162889457132788
http://pinterest.com/lyndenelise/an-elegant-touch-my-blog/

Sherrie K. said...

Super cute card! You colored her beautifully! The stitched label die from MCT is awesome! TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Sue Crease said...

Brenda, as always a super cute card from you.
Sue

Jules said...

Hi Brenda

You are being very hard on yourself. Your colouring is lovely .. .. and great colour choices too.

Love that faux stitched die very much. It is a great shape!!!

I hope you have had a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

Unknown said...

Brenda,

You can follow me on bloglovin by just hitting the button in my post. There is also a link you can follow in that post to sign up for bloglovin. If you would like more help email me so I can help you better. tbruening at cox dot net

Tara
Craftin Desert Divas

Unknown said...

I forgot to mention how adorable your card is!! Link it up to my linky party. That color goes perfect.


Tara