Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Books! My Paper Crafting Challenge

Happy hump day my crafty friends! I am an avid book reader, whether it is on my Kindles or a physical book in my hands-I love to read! I read more in the summer time than anytime, you might think that is a little backwards. Well I guess it kinda' is. lol But for me, I love to sit by the pool and read under my umbrella or I will sit and read on the patio and let the warm sunshine shine on me-sometimes I will fall asleep out there. lol I just love reading outside, kicked back in my lounge chair-listening to the sounds of summer in the background! Of course I read in the winter too, just not as much as I do in the summer. Now what does all my babbling about reading have to do with our challenge at My Paper Crafting?? Our theme is books! I kinda' was at a loss at first on what to do.  First I was going to decorate my Kindle cover, changed my mind about that.  Then I remembered a set of wonderful stamps I have for making teacher cards and  I was off and running.  I used the Hello Kitty Greetings Cricut cartridge for my book cut, a Cuttlebug die for my photo corners and then my sentiment stamps from Paper Trey Ink. A very simple but effective card. Please so see what my design team sisters have made, they are so talented and you will be inspired! Then read about the changes and such and join us in this challenge.  It really was a challenge for me at first! lol  I hope you like my simple card! 






9 comments:

Mary H. said...

Your teacher is going to love this one! I have a similar (but very small) stamp like this. Wouldn't have thought to add the pretty corners to the card. Great touch. Also loved the checked background. Liked this one a lot. TFS & Hugs

Sandy Palmer said...

Brenda, I love to read too! Reading outside is so peaceful and relaxing! Reading in front of a warm fireplace during the winter is just perfect as well! Great way to show off reading Brenda! Such a sweet card! :)

Sheena said...

This is a pretty card! I love the pattern paper you used. Such a great teacher card.

~Sheena

TerriK said...

Adorable teacher card, Brenda! I love the checked paper you used and the corner die cuts.

Darnell said...

That is a lovely teacher card, Brenda, one to be treasured forever!! I thought I had already joined your blog, but didn't see me, so I've joined now (again?)! Happy to see your wonderful creations!

Lynn B. said...

This is a really nice card, I'm sure the teacher will appreciate it! The colors are wonderful and the cut works so well. Super!!

Janet Baldwin said...

This is a great card. Not only does it celebrate books but it celebrates teachers as well. Since we are a family of teachers (some of us retired!) I know that this would be really appreciated by any teacher!

Glenda said...

Perfect card for a teacher! Love the gingham papers and die cut corners!
Nice job on inside too!
Thanks so much for your visits and comments!
Hugs!
Glenda

The Queen (Laura) said...

What a great card for a teacher! I love cut from Hello Kitty. The photo corners look great. The sentiments are perfect. Love the gingham paper. Great job!
Lots of Hugs,
Laura