Monday, April 8, 2013

April Showers-BBTB2 Challenge

Hello crafty friends, hope you had a wonderful, warm weekend!  As you know it is Monday and that means it is time for a new challenge over at BBTB2.  I'm hosting this weeks challenge and I've chosen an umbrella from any cartridge on any type of project.  I chose to use the Cricut cartridge Nate's ABC for my umbrella cut. This is an A2 size card, I cut my image at 4".  I used a cloud embossing folder from SU and embossed my background. I cut my grass with a Fiscars grass punch.  I didn't put a sentiment on my card because I'm not sure just yet what I will use this card for. I used glossy accents to make my boots shiny and around the water puddle as well as some rain drops on the umbrella. And that is it folks! A simple little card was done in a flash.  Now please go see what awesome inspiration my design team sisters have for you and then think about using your Cricut and join us by linking up with your umbrella project!!



14 comments:

Jayne said...

Fab card Brenda.Love the embossed background and glossy wellies!
Thanks for the fun challenge,I really had to put my thinking cap on for this one!
Hugs
Jayne x

Unknown said...

I love everything about this card! That cut is very cute! Good choice!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Brenda, this is so cute. I love that umbrella and boot cut. Great raindrops on the umbrella.
Great embossing, too. Love the whole thing.

Carole Beath said...

Brenda, this is such a cute cute card.
Carole

Caroline said...

I just love your card and that you added the grass and the glossy accents! Awesome card!

Jennasa~findtimetocreate said...

Love this card. the clouds are so cool and I love the glossy accents for water.

Sharon said...

This is awesome Brenda!!! I love that embossing folder! And the glossy shine of the boots and puddle. Wonderful card!!! :)

Scrapping Girl said...

This is one of my most favorite cuts on Nate's ABCs! I love the glossy accents! And the embossing! Just super cute ;)
Michelle

Susan Edwards said...

What a fabulous card, Brenda!! I love, love, LOVE the colors, papers and the cuts you used (one of my favorite rain cuts!). Your rain boots look awesome! You are amazing! :D

xxSusan

MaryH said...

What a wonderful card.I can almost smell the rain. Like the cloud folder, and your Glossy on the boots...really sent this one over the top. Your puddle looked real too. Great card & TFS

The Queen (Laura) said...

I wish it was warm here this past weekend. This is adorable. You are really making me want this embsossing folder. I love how you used glossy accents on the boots. Cute! Great job!
Lots of Hugs,
Laura

Live Love and Scrap said...

Beautiful card Brenda!!! Love it! Great challenge this week....I love making cards with umbrellas!!!

Hugs
Sarah

Megan Chamberlin said...

It's awesome how something small like the gloss accents really makes the card go WOW! :) Nice job!

shelly said...

ooh brenda i love that cloud embossing folder and that cut.i like the added rain drops and gloss on the boots :) great card! thanks so much for the fun challenge this week :)