Monday, April 22, 2013

Man-Up - BBTB2 Challenge

Hello my crafty friends, I hope you all had a great weekend.  Our weekend was a good one up until Sunday.  I got a call from a dear friend that her husband had passed that morning.  Can I tell you that this friend and I met on the Cricut mb through the One Hour Challenge thread.  There was 8 of us who remained close friends after the thread stopped.  Well Vickie was one of that eight.  We all have been through all of Vickie's husbands medical needs, we were praying for Larry.  But Larry passed because God knew he had had enough. So God took him home on Sunday.  I know that Larry is in a much better place, with all his family who have passed before him. I'm happy that Larry didn't lay and suffer for long, God was good.  Vickie knows that Larry is in a better place too, but of course it is still hard losing your best friend.  Please keep Vickie and her family in your prayers.  She is a strong woman and I am in awe of her but she is going to be needing support for a while.  Thanks everyone!

Now onto my project.  Our super sweet and oh so talented design team sister, Jayne has given us the challenge to Man Up here at BBTB2!! lol  She wants us to make a box or bag for a guy.  Well you would have thought that this would be easy for me since I was the only girl out of 7 guys.  It wasn't. lol  I just couldn't think what I wanted to do.  Then I decided that I would make a box for my son who is deployed in Afghan for Father's Day.  Of course I will make my other son's who are fathers one too. I used Tags, Bags, Boxes and More 2 for my box.  I used some brown military paper since he is in the mountains and were this type of uniform, to place on my box, I made a rosette out of it using Tim Holtz's rosette maker.  I used My Creative Time ticket die and stamps to put sentiments on the box.  I am going to put some dark chocolate in the box for my son since this is his favorite kind of chocolate and send to him for Father's Day. I kept this box plain and simple because of how far it would be traveling. Now I thought this box would be just that, a box, but after cutting it out I realize it was more like an exploding box. So I used some tape on the inside to "connect" each panel together so it stayed a box.  If this isn't the way this box is supposed to cut could someone tell me because I have obviously done something wrong. lol  I hope you all will go check out the great inspiration that my design team sisters have for you and then get crafty and make a "man up" box of your own.  Use your Cricut's and link up with us, we love when you come and get crafty with us!!!





11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terrific "box", Brenda. I thought it was a box, too. This came out great. Perfect paper. What a great surprise this will be for your son.
My prayers are with all of you.

Jayne said...

Thanks for playing along Brenda. Fabulous box, love the papers ,just perfect to send to your son. The ticket on the rosette is the perfect topper. (I still haven't played with the tickets much yet!)
My thoughts are with you all.
Hugs
Jayne x

Susan Edwards said...

Brenda I thought your box was cut in camouflage to go incognito! What a great idea to use that paper for a military project - and I love the tickets and stamps as well. This is going to be a wonderful father's day gift for you deployed son. So sweet of you to ship to him. I hope you wonderful box brings him joy and love from home!!
Hugs,
Susan

Unknown said...

Camo! My son would love this project so much as he loves camo. What a great project!

Caroline said...

What a wonderful box! The paper is perfect and your son will love getting this box! Great idea for father's day!

Sharon said...

Fantastic box Brenda!! Love that your used camo paper. And I'm not sure how some of those boxes cut on TBBM2. I've been stumped with some of these myself. Love the tickets and the rosette on the top. Your son is sure to love it!! :)

The Queen (Laura) said...

Sending prayers for your friend. This box is awesome! I just love the rosette on top. The camo paper looks great. The tickets are cool. I have this cartridge and the scoring blade but have never used it. LOL! Your son will love this cute box. And of course the chocolates! He's in my prayers too. Great job!
Lots of Hugs,
Laura

Vickie said...

Love the box Brenda


Thank you

Scrapping Girl said...

Love the camo paper! The tickets and rosettes you added are very cute! Hope your son stays safe and I'm sure will greatly enjoy the chocolate!
Michelle

Carole Beath said...

Sending prayers for your friend in her loss. It is always so sad to have such things happen in our lives. The box is wonderful...what a great "guy" project.
Hugs
Carole

shelly said...

fantastic box brenda im sure your son will just love this gift from mama:) please thank your son :) and sending hugs to your friend for her loss.