Monday, November 11, 2013

BBTB2 Challenge and Update on Hubby

Hello my crafty friends, I just wanted to do a quick update on hubby. Friday he got his port placed in so he can start chemo today. It went really well and he was done in no time. Our surgeon came out and told me and my son that all went really great, and someone was stitching hubby up for him. He said they had to get an x-ray and then we could soon go home. So my son and myself get the signal that we could go back to see hubby. He was getting his x-ray as we got back there. Then we waited, and waited, and waited. Then nurse comes in and tells us that our surgeon wants to talk to us before we can leave. Finally doc comes in and closes the sliding glass door. He tells us that there is a shadow on the x-ray on hubby's lung. He said it wasn't there a month ago and he needs a cat scan done again. So we are all praying that it is only a shadow or scar tissue and not more cancer. Hubby is getting chemo as you read this. 4-5 hours of chemo, then a pump for 48 hours and then chemo again. Next week he will have off and will go back and do it all over again the following week and this will go on for 6 months. So I think we have found our new normal, with a cat scan thrown in for good measure. Hubby is in great spirits as he knows there are so many people praying for him all over the world. How can he lose?!! So if you are one that has been praying for DH thank you from the bottom of my heart. This man is everything to me along with our 6 boys. I can't even imagine life without him.

Ok now that we are getting into a somewhat normal routine once again I am back to crafting! Yay! I love taking care of hubby but so needed some crafty time again. So I'm officially back at BBTB2! Today our sweet and very talented Julie has issued the challenge of "white on white". I love white on white, especially cards. So I just got the Anna Griffith Winter Wonderland cartridge in the mail and of course I really wanted to cut something from it. So I opted to embossed a white layer with snowflakes and then popped that layer up on my white card base. I cut the number 2 ornament at  3 1/2 inches tall out of white card stock. The layers I used a little glitter holographic gold paper, dark green and a slightly lighter dark green. So a little color on this card. I used clear iridescent sequins on some of the embossed snowflakes for some more sparkle. The base layer of my ornament I embossed with embossing glitter from SU. So this card really sparkles and shines in real life! Not so much in the photo. lol I tried, but so hard to capture all that sparkles and shine. 

Looking for some more inspiration? Well look no farther than my design team sisters, I tell you they have some amazing white on white inspiration for you! Then why not give this "white on white" a try and link your project up with us over at BBTB2! As always thanks for visiting me today and thanks for hanging with me while I was on leave taking care of my sweet hubby. Happy crafting and crafty hugs to all. Brenda





20 comments:

Sandi said...

Brenda gorgeous card, still holding your family in my prayers, hugs

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful card Brenda. I am keeping you and the family lifted in prayer. Hugs your twin

Leslierosek said...

I love this card Brenda. I am glad you could get some craft time. I am praying for Dwayne. I passed the update to the others. Love you my friend.

Vickie said...

Brenda first I want to say HUGS my friend and prayers coming your way.

I also love the white on whte card with a little color to accent the card. Yours is gorgeous!!! I have this cart also, but haven't really looked at it. Now I will. Thanks for the inspiration to look at it.

Jaren said...

Love the gold on the ornament! So beautiful! Will continue to pray for y'all.

Caroline said...

This card and ornament is beautiful! I love the gold accents and the pretty snowflake embossing. Thanks for updating us on hubby. I think of you often and pray for you both.

Pam MacKay said...

Hi Brenda I am so happy you are back to crafting it really is a lovely way to escape for just a short time. Your ornament is just gorgeous! It has such an elegant feel to it! Beautifully done! I will continue to hold you and your family up in pray. We do have an awesome God to tell our trouble too and He is always there for us.

TerriK said...

Beautiful card, Brenda. I love the white on white. Glad to see you crafting again.

Sharon said...

Oh so beautiful Brenda!!! I love the ornament. The gold on it just sets it off. And the sequins are great! I so love your card!!
Praying!!!! :)

Mollie said...

Brenda, first off, prayers ALWAYS! Your update felt all to familiar to me, and I am emphathizing with you - so absolutely prayers are still coming your way! Secondly, you have come back to crafting with a bang! LOVE your card, it is beautiful! I love your embossing and the ornament looks fabulous! Hang in there - it's a long road, but something that has stuck with me from when I was dealing with this - you are stronger than you think you are!!!

HUGS!!!

Emily

MaryH said...

Wow! This is gorgeous. Love the EF with the lovely gold mirror card & pretty holly leaves. Loved the snow sparkling on the leaves too. It did look very sparkly on the monitor, and now I'm off to enlarge the photos so I imagine it is gonna really shine then. Lovely card. Good job, you! Hugs & Prayers.

Laura Pizz said...

Ohhhh just beautiful. Almost have no words for it! ~Laura

Brenda said...

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome back and the hugs with the prayers!!! This is why I love my crafty online friends so much!! Hugs to all!

Mayras Designs said...

Brenda you and your family are in my prayers ! This card is stunning !!! So many beautiful details !!

Hugs,
Mayra
MayrasDesigns.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Brenda. I'm glad you are back to crafting. It can only help you mentally. Still praying and sending positive thoughts.

~ Jo ~ said...

OH My how gorgeous!!!! Welcome back to crafting my friend!!! And as always... praying for hubby and sending well wishes your way!!

Hugs,
Jo
xox

Jayne said...

Beautiful card Brenda. I love this ornament cut.
Sending big hugs to you all.
Jayne x

~JulieH~ said...

Oh Brenda so glad to see you back, keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers every day.
Your white on white card is so beautiful and I love the touch of colour and those gorgeous iridescent sequins, I bought some myself a few weeks ago so I need to break them open and use them!
Love to you and your family dear Brenda
Juliexx

The Queen (Laura) said...

Brenda, I am definitely praying for you both. This is card is beautiful. I love the embossing and the ornament.
Lots of Hugs,
Laura

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

How did I miss this? This is so pretty. Love the background and the gorgeous ornament. Just stunning my friend.