Monday, August 19, 2013

Summer Heat is for the Birds-BBTB2 Challenge

Hello my crafty friends, Happy Monday to you all.  As you know if it is Monday then it is time for a new BBTB2 challenge and this week our own sweet Melanie has chosen the theme "Summer Heart is for the birds". lol So we must use a Cricut bird on our projects. Well what better way to beat the heat than to think about Christmas?!  So my card uses the Dec. 25th Cricut cartridge. My card is very simple and pretty plain except for the stickles and background paper. It really sparkles in real life.  I used the wreath cut on Dec. 25 and added the little bird on the holly leaves and placed him right on my wreath. Then I used some stickles to glitter everything up. I used My Creative Time tickets to place my sentiment on.  My sentiments are from My Pink Stamper. That's it folks, told you it was plain and simple.  Now go over and see what kind of "bird" projects my design team sisters have for you and then make your own bird project and link up with us!




11 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful little wreath! Love the sparkle that you added :)


Best crafty wishes!
Amber
Staying Crafty

Pam MacKay said...

Beautiful card! Love the background paper and the added sparkle!!

Anonymous said...

Brenda, this is very pretty. Great paper and I love the bird on the branch.

Caroline said...

Brenda, this card does not look that simple at all. I love the glitter and that you put your birdie on the wreath. What a pretty christmas card.

Sharon said...

Your plain and simple is simply beautiful Brenda!!! I so love the wreath and bird. :)

MaryH said...

Definitely _NOT_ plain & simple, but very pretty & well done. Loved the bird on the branch you added, and liked your sparklies on the wreath. Your ticket made a perfect place for your sentiment and liked that stitching on it too. The DP was very elegant with your wreath scene. TFS & Hugs

The Queen (Laura) said...

So pretty! The stickles look great on the wreath. Love the patterned paper, and the bird. Great job!
Lots of Hugs,
Laura

Mollie said...

Brenda, your card is beautiful! I love the colors and the sentiments are just perfect! And your wreath is amazing! I really appreciate your comments on my blog as well! Have a crafty day!
Emily - Mollie's Motif

Unknown said...

very cute card! You totally owned this challenge!

DIANA L. said...

YOur card is so elegant. Perfect colors to. I feel right at home here at your blog. Have a great weekend my friend
DIANA L.
dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Very cute Brenda. Love it!