Friday, August 23, 2013

Jo's Funday Friday Challenge

Hello my crafty friends, this is my second post for today.  For the SOUS challenge post scroll down to the next post.  

I hope you all are having a great Friday.  It is going well here, school is back in session and already my son had to have me run a book over to the school for him that he forgot. I did so because he didn't get home from work until after 11 pm and still had homework to do.  So he wasn't wide awake and together this morning.  Now he tells me he has a study hall class that is 2 hours long (our high school does block scheduling) that he could have did his homework in. WHAT?!!!  I told him that he needs to get his full sleep in or else he will need to cut his hours at work so he can get his homework done and grades kept up.  I think we just need to get into the swing of back being back in session and then then hopefully things will go better! lol 

Ok enough of my ramblings.  At Jo's Scrap Shack Jo gave us an inspiration photo to go by and our sponsor this week is Stamp Art Design by Kathryne. She has such cute digi's over there, you must check her out!!  The digi I chose is called "full bloom" and it is so pretty.  I colored my image with my Spectrum Noir markers, my doily is from My Creative Time, my lacy ribbon is from SU and my pearls is Recollections from Michael's. My paper is by My Mind's Eye, Miss Caroline, love this paper pack!





Here's the inspiration photo:

And here is my card using the inspiration photo and my Whimsy digital stamp:





For more inspiration please go to Jo's Scrap Shack and check out all the awesome projects my design team sister have for you. While you are there check the rules and then why not get crafty with us and link up! We love it when you get crafty with us!!


8 comments:

Kellie 0:) said...

Oh Brenda I love your creation and I can see where you have drawn your inspiration from the supplied photo. Your colouring is divine and loving the lace and the doiley. TFS my friend.

MaryH said...

This is delightful. Great coloring & I like your choice of the image. Your blue doily mat really highlighted your pretty pot of posies, and the bling just sparkled. TFS & Hugs

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Very pretty, great background paper! Carri~Abusybee

Jeri said...

BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL! I love all the gorgeous embellishments you added and the way you grounded all the fancy "stuff" with a rustic looking wood background. Just perfection, my friend!

The Queen (Laura) said...

This is beautiful! I love how you've colored the digi. The lace ribbon and pearls are a great addition. Wonderful job!
Lots of Hugs,
Laura

~ Jo ~ said...

Brenda this is beautiful! I love how you brought in the wood grain from the photo and I can see how beautiful you pulled that sweet blue/green color in as well. Lovely card my friend!

Hugs,
Jo
xox

StampArt Design by Kathryne said...

Your card is beautiful, Brenda. Lovely colouring and shading. I love the vintage feel that you've created. Your colours are lovely together too. It's a pleasure to sponsor your challenge. xx Kathryne

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Brenda this is so pretty. Love the textures. The flower is so pretty against the wood fence. Makes me feel like I am in the country. Just so pretty.