Friday, August 23, 2013

Peach Custard Pie, oh my!!!

Evening my crafty friends! I have a third post for you today. Only this one isn't crafty. lol This one is made to tempt your tummy! My guys love pies, ok they love anything home baked. Right now peaches are in and apples are starting. So up to the orchard we went last Saturday to get some. Now the men in my life are set for getting peach and apple pies and I'm up to my elbows in rolling out pie crust and cutting up peaches and apples.This is a recipe from my husband's grandmother and it is to die for!! You will think you died and went to heaven after eating it! It is so creamy and just melts in your mouth. lol Yes, it is that good. People go nuts over this pie where ever I take it. I just baked an apple pie and this peach pie for some re-en-actors and they loved them! They already have put in their request for Oct. Nice to make $$ for baking some pies!!

Ok here is the peach pie as it looks when it comes out of the oven. I like to have a pie while it is still warm. DH doesn't like any pie warm where as I love warm pie! 



Here is the recipe if you would like to try it, very easy pie to make. And you don't have to make your own crust. I would just be tared and feathered if I didn't make my own crust. lol

Peach Custard Pie

7 medium peaches, sliced and placed in pie crust
1 unbaked pie crust

Mix together with a wisk:

1 c. whipping cream
2/3 c. white sugar
4 tbsp. of flour
1/4 tsp. of salt
Pour this over the peaches in the pie crust. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Then turn back the over to 350 degrees and continue to bake for another hour. Chill pie and enjoy!! Trust me everyone will be asking you for this recipe!!



8 comments:

MaryH said...

Oh you BAD GIRL, YOU! This sounds so yummy. Reading the recipe, it made me think of the strawberry custard pie that is so popular at Family Reunions in my family. As long as I didn't have to make the crust, I could probably handle this one. (and just might surprise you!). Ok, now you're going to have to give me an easy pie crust! (You know I think in 50 yrs of marriage I've never made a homemade pie? That's pretty shameful!). TFS & Hugs MM

Jeri said...

OMG-I'd love to taste this. I never get my favorite peach desserts because I'm the only one in the family that likes peaches. Hubby says he's not eating anything with fuzz. So I thought fine-nectarines. No, "they LOOK too much like the fruit that has fuzz". Geez!

The Queen (Laura) said...

Yum! It looks delish! I would love a slice with vanilla ice cream on top please!

Lots of Hugs,
Laura

~ Jo ~ said...

WOW this looks amazing! I must try this recipe out. Thanks so much for sharing this. You rock my friend!

Hugs,
Jo
xox

Brenda said...

Wish I could send you some Jeri! My guys love peaches but not the skin because of the fuzz. lol So I guess your DH won't eat kiwi either then?! He doesn't know what he is missing!! lol

Brenda said...

I love pie with ice cream Laura!! lol Wish I could serve you a slice and sit and chat with ya!

Tracey said...

Yummo.....thanks for sharing the recipe, I want to make this!

Brenda in IN said...

I've copied this because it sounds delicious. I don't bake much in summer but with the cooler weather this will be so yummy. Thanks for sharing.