Monday, August 5, 2013

No More School Bus! BBTB2 Challenge

Hello my crafty friends, I am off enjoying our vacation so I hope the posts that I have scheduled post without any problems!  It's Monday and while I'm enjoying a fish fry in Myrtle Beach, SC you get to look at my post. lol  Since it is Monday, you know that means it's time for a new challenge at BBTB2. Our theme for this week is to use a school bus. Well I am slowly getting on the band wagon (I'm always slow about jumping on band wagons!) and getting into Project Life. Not as it is intended but as a way to help me catch up on all my photos.  So I did a PL page for this challenge.  My school bus came from Doodlecharms, and my "no" symbol came from Going Places. My journaling spots are cut using a My Creative Time die which you can find here and stamped with the matching stamps from My Creative Time and you can find those here. My youngest son got his permit in Jan. of 2012, then got his license in Sept of 2012 and his Jeep in Aug. of 2012 and his first job in April of 2012. A big year for him!! The biggest thrill for him was not to have to ride on the bus anymore!!! He was always first on and last off so that made for a long, long ride for him. As soon as he had that license in hand, he was driving to school! lol Now he is getting ready to drive again this year, his senior year. Where did the time go?!! How did my baby, son number 6 grow up so fast?!!! I can't believe that we will soon be empty nester. I'm so not ready but yet I am. Does that make sense?!! lol Well let me keep this moving. I hope that you will check out what inspiration  my design team sisters have for you, I promise you won't be disappointed!!! Then think about getting crafty with us by linking up your school bus project! You know we love when you get crafty with us!!






I am linking this layout up with Craftin Desert Diva's Back to School linking party.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

This is what scrapbooking is all about! Love everything about this!

Carole Beath said...

I love this theme. It's always such a delight when our kiddlings don't have to ride a school bus anymore...
very cute LO, Brenda.
Hugs
Carole

The Queen (Laura) said...

How fun that you are in SC! I hope you are having a good time. Where does the time go???? Children grow up way too fast! This page is cute. I love the photos. The little journal cards are cute. Love the bus. Great job! Have a safe trip home.
Lots of Hugs,
Laura

Caroline said...

I love allthe pics! Wow your baby had quite a year. We had empty nest for about a year until the youngest came back. It was a shock at first. By the time we got used to it, he moved back in, lol. Our door is always open. I love your layout and that cute little bus.

Sharon said...

What a fabulous layout!! Your son looks so proud of his permit and then his license!! Yeah for no more bus riding!!! :)

Anonymous said...

A lot of firsts for your "baby." Which means a lot of firsts for mom. This layout is perfect. Tells a wonderful story.

Glenda said...

Great looking layout! Congrats to your son!
You can share this with us at My Sheri Crafts Back to School challenge- include a school bus or school house. Love your your bus!
Hugs!
Glenda

Unknown said...

This is just wonderful. I love that theme!!! Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas “Back To School “ Linky Party.

Tara
Craftin Desert Diva's

Tracey said...

Fun layout .......love the 'no more bus'!

Pam MacKay said...

Great layout!! Congrats to your son!

Anonymous said...

What a fun memory! =)
Just popping in to visit while your not even home!
GEEZ!
Well, I do understand why you are vacationing where
you are...I swear I pick up 3 books in a row one year
and they were all set in South Carolina! It's on my
list of places to visit someday! Together, maybe? =)

Hugs my dear friend!!!!!

Sherrie K. said...

AWESOME layout! Love it-my kids couldn't wait to drive! They hated the bus..this is such a great page for him to look back on to! TFS!
Great job!
Have a super evening!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Scrapping Girl said...

Hope you've had a blast on vacation!!!! I love looking back over fun memories like this-it is what makes scrapbooking so fun!
:)
Michelle

MaryH said...

What a memory you have made for #6. In years to come, this is going to be a real treasure for him to recall, and know that his Mama took the time to make this very special layout for him. Very moving & TFS

Shawnee said...

I love the bus and journaling on your project. :) Great job!!

Janis Lewis said...

Great PL page! I have that MCT die and stamp set too. Loved the international NO symbol on the bus. LOL