Friday, August 16, 2013

Birthday Fishes! Jo's Funday Friday Challenge

Hello my crafty friends! Did you think I fell off the face of the earth? lol I all but thought I did too. Vacation was wonderful, we got home last Friday, then Saturday and Sunday was spent with 4 of our grandchildren. Tuesday son #6 got his wisdom teeth out. So I was nurse maid for a few days, then a cousin wanted pies made-so today I was making pies, and then 2 of our grandchildren came over to say good bye as they are heading back to NY. It's always hard for my grand-daughter to say good-bye. It doesn't matter if she is here or we are at her house, she always cries and breaks my heart. She is older now and getting ready to start kindergarten, but she still gets very sad and won't let me go. And now our grandson is starting to do that with his Papaw because he wants to go farming on the big tractor with him.  I guess we are going to have to get them for a whole week next summer and let them run around on the farm and go in the tractors with their Papaw!  These little ones sure can tug at your heartstrings!! So that's why you haven't seen anything from me this week until now. lol

Ok onto our challenge! It's Friday and you know that means that it is time for another Jo's Funday Friday challenge over at Jo's Scrap Shack. This week our sponsor is Bugaboo Digital Stamps  and our challenge is anything goes.  If you have any Bugaboo Digital Stamps, please use them for this challenge, if not then use what ever you want to use.  Please go over to Jo's Scrap Shack to check out all the info for this challenge and to see what fabulous digital stamps my design team sisters chose from Bugaboo, I promise you will be inspired to get some of these fun digital stamps to color and turn into fun cards or layouts! Now onto my card, I picked this cute but hilarious fish sending out birthday fishes! I had a blast coloring in this digi and turning it into an awesome card to give to someone for their birthday. I used my Spectrum Noir markers to color my digi, then used some glossy accents on the fish lips, eyes and bubbles.  I added some stickles to this fishes fins and candle. I also placed little beads on my twine. I think that does it!  I hope you enjoy this cute card and will consider coloring a fun digi too! Then link up with us because you know how much we love when you get crafty with us!




7 comments:

Kellie 0:) said...

Brenda talk about a busy week - I'm impressed you got card made at all. Your fish is so darn cute. I Love it. TFS

Mayras Designs said...

What a cute card !!! love the bright colors and the fish is super cute !!

Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com/

TerriK said...

Cute card, Brenda. I love the fish. I love how you put beads on the twine, it looks like bubbles.

Anonymous said...

Brenda, this is the cutest fish, love that face. Grandkids are the best and they can sure tug at your heartstrings.
Have a wonderful week.
(making pies...WOW!)

MaryH said...

Aw, this is just a little cutie. Love how you colored your fishie, and so many eye catching sparklies. Never thought about adding beading to twine (something I forget to use..and it really adds such a finishing touch). This is just a delightful card, and with all you have going on, I'm amazed you had time to craft! Good for you, and TFS. Hugs ...MM

Diane said...

Too cute, makes me smile.

Regards diane

The Queen (Laura) said...

This is so cute! I just love the fish! Gotta love those lips! The colors are great together! Great job! I know what you mean, I need to post. It's been so busy the last couple of weeks. My princess started school today.
Lots of Hugs,
Laura