Friday, August 30, 2013

JFF Challenge

Hello my crafty friends, welcome to a new challenge over at Jo's Scrap Shack. For this Funday Friday challenge we have two sponsors!! Yes, you heard me right! So the design team was split into two teams to showcase each sponsor's digi's. Wanna know who the sponsors are?! I though you might!  Our sponsors this week are Bugaboo and Paper Nest Dolls! They both have the cutest digi's and Paper Nest Dolls also have rubber stamps, so go check them out! Both teams were given the same sketch to use as well. Here is our sketch:




So I am showcasing a digi from Paper Nest Dolls.  I picked a cute little witch. I printed her out to a smaller size and colored her with my Spectrum Noir markers. I didn't do to good with her hair. Sometimes I do pretty good with hair and other times I don't. This was one of those "I don't" times. lol So I will be coloring her again to work on that. Practice makes perfect, or in my case a little better. lol The papers I used is The Bewitched paper stack from DCWV, I believe it's a stack from last year. A little stickles, a little ribbon and I called it done! Now you can see I didn't quite follow the sketch exactly. I didn't sew on my card, just not set up to do that yet. Hope to be able to in the future because I love when I see sewing on projects. I also didn't quite get my layers right, but I think I'm close enough to the sketch. And my sentiment doesn't quite go with my digi and don't ask me what I was thinking because I have no clue! lol So what do you think, isn't this little witch girl so cute?!! Ok my friends, it's your turn. Go to Jo's Scrap Shack and read up on the rules, the sponsors and the prizes, then create a project using the sketch and link up with us. We love when you get crafty with us!! Thanks for visiting me today!







6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think she's adorable, Brenda. Really cute. Great ribbon, too.

MaryH said...

Simply adorable. Love your coloring, & this was an image that I yearned over too! Your ribbon banners were so right with this image, and really loved the diagonal dp on your background. A great way to use this 'hard to use' paper (at least for me it is!). Great job on that sketch. TFS

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Love the cute little witch. She is adorable and love the way you colored her. I like the ribbons sticking out on the side. Great card!

Lysa said...

Hi Brenda,
Love, Love, Love the Halloween card! It's just what I need for me to get my Halloween Mojo going! I wanted to tell you Michael's stores have the Rainbow Loom stacked to the ceiling if you are looking for it. $14.99 and you can't use a coupon ):!
I just wanted to let you know in case you wanted to get them for the kiddos or for holiday. Let me know if you get one. We are really having a blast with it here at our house. Glad you liked the bread tag box. Talk to you soon.
Lysa

The Queen (Laura) said...

The little witch is so adorable! Love her crystal ball and book of spells. So cute! Great job! Btw, the Rainbow Loom is LOTS of fun! My daughter and I love to make bracelets with it!
Lots of Hugs,
Laura

Kellie 0:) said...

Your little witch is adorable. And your take on the sketch is perfect. Remember the sketch is just an inspiration you don't have to follow it to the letter :D
Another fantastic creation from you xx