Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Bret's Easter Card

Hello crafty friends, I hope your Easter was a blessed one. Sorry I've been MIA once again. The mowing every other day, sometimes every day and spraying has kept me busy and then I fell into a long Lupus flare but still had to keep up with the mowing. I hope to start visiting and commenting again here this week since it is a rainy week and I can't mow. I will have a hay field when I can finally mow again. Such as life, too much to do myself and will have to be hired out in a few years I'm sure. But until then, it is me with Bret's help on the bigger jobs that I can't handle alone. 

I have Bret's Easter card to share and then that is it for Easter from me. I have some regrets with this card. I wish I would have just kept the embossing basket weave white, but instead I used some blue ink and silver gilding wax on it. So I'm not loving that part. I'm also not good with cloud making. I definitely need more practice! 


Again, I hope to start commenting this week, so hopefully I will be by to see what you've been up to in this card making community! 
 

Crafty Hugs,





Card Recipe:

Old Fiskars grass punch

Spellbinder Forever Spring Eggs & Arch dies 

My Creative Time-sentiment

Cloud Stencil-have no clue who makes this stencil

Hearts are from the inside of another die

3D Embossing folder by We Are Memory Keepers

Gilding paste in silver

Tumbled Glass DOI

piece of smooshed card from my stash for egg background


12 comments:

jimlynn said...

Brenda, this is just beautiful! I love that pretty die cut egg too. I know Bret will treasure this one.
Don't work too hard - I know how hard a job that is having to mow all the time.
Lynn

kiwimeskreations said...

Good to see you here again Brenda - that egg is a lovely die cut, and I love the wee heart accents.
I have the lawns mowed for me - have done for years as I have had RSI and carpel tunnel problems
Blessings
Maxine

Sue - said...

Sorry to hear you’ve had a Lupus flare. Hope it’s settled down again. A lovely Easter card, and I think the background is very pretty.

Carol L said...

It's great to see a post from you again Brenda. I know I am off the charts late in returning emails myself, but that's just how life seems to be going. I really do like the background you created for this pretty die-cut egg! The soft blue colors look perfect to me and those little pink hearts are beyond cute. I like the placement of that sentiment too for a great looking Easter card!
It might be well worth it to have someone else mow for you now as I'm sure that's a big job. We hired someone to mow 6 years ago and it was a good choice for us back then, and he's still mowing for me today. Wishing you some crafty "me" time during this rainy spell and do take good care of yourself too! Hugs!

I Card Everyone said...

Don't regret one thing, Brenda - it's wonderful! I love the basket weave, your arched window to a cloudy with blue sky Easter Day, and finally what a fabulous filigree egg!
I pink-heart it, too!
Take care of yourself, please!
=]

Brenda in IN said...

The basket weave can be any color and this is fine. Also, clouds can be any formation so I don't think that matters and these show a bright, sunny day. That is a pretty egg die with a lovely colored background. I'm sorry to hear you had a flare up and hope it has subsided by now.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Hi Brenda, mowing is a chore and hard work too, however the joy is when you look at the lawn afterwards and think it's never looked so good.
Your card is beautiful, love the embossing and the little scene behind your lovely egg. The background colour matches your sky. Looks OK to me.
Faith x

Sue said...

Hi Brenda sounds like your really busy and I hope your'e feeling a lot better after your flare up..your card is fab and the clouds are just fine! take care and lots of hugs Sue x

Maria said...

What a beautiful ornate egg, so pretty! Such a lovely card! Sorry to hear about your flare up. I hope you are feeling much better!

Irish Cherokee said...

Love the die cut as usual. You did a great job with the clouds. A perfect Easter card.

Love, Hugs and Blessings

Marilyn said...

Beautiful card and I love the embossed background
Have a great day!
Marilyn❤️

Bonnie said...

This is a beautiful Easter egg, Brenda, and I love that background! Sorry for the flare up. I hope you are much better now!