Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Cricut Made Cards

Hello everyone, I hope your week is off to a great start. I'm still busy mowing every day or other day. I have a few things to get planted, so want to get on that here hopefully tomorrow after mowing.

I have two cards that I made using the Cricut. Both cards are plain and simple, so not much to making them. But they work for what they are needed for. It is wedding season, so my first card is a wedding card I made for a wedding Bret went to over in Philadelphia.  Looked so much prettier than the photo's look. I printed my sentiments inside and out as well as cut out the design in the white card. Attached it to mirror holographic paper and placed on black card and then a white card base. 

Sorry for the blurriness of the inside, some days my hands are not steady, but you get the gist.
The wedding heart bells are printed in a pale gray, in person it was much easier to see. 


Next card is a simple "box" of birthday candles birthday card. I think it is cute and will be going to Dwayne's Uncle for his birthday. Again, a print and cut card. I used some old packaging acetate for the window of the candle box. Inside sentiment is fitting as Dwayne's Uncle is in this mid 90's. Hoping his wish comes true! 






As you can see, nothing fancy with these cards and not much to them, but again, they do the job.

We've been having lots of rain come through, thus why all the mowing. Here is a photo of a storm that came through, fortunate for me, I got some light rain from it but the storm part just went all the way around me. And I do mean all the way around me. Front, back and side. Luckily I had already gotten the mowing done. I enjoyed watching those storm clouds though and the darkness sure made the green of the grass and trees look even more vivid. I thought those clouds were beautiful, within safe viewing distant that is! 



That's it from me. I will be trying to make it around to your blogs this week in between mowing, playing ball and other chores. So until next time, enjoy your weather and soak up the sunshine!


Crafty Hugs,





Card Recipe:

Cricut/Design Space
Cricut Holograph Card
Printer
cardstock










15 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Brenda, what a gorgeous card, love your design and layers, with the added gems. Beautiful fonts, I love the insert too, a very elegant card, that I'm sure was received with joy. Your crayon card is fabulous, love the idea of the acetate window, making it look like a box of crayons, so clever. As for your clouds, what a beautiful view, such fresh Spring green grass too. That is some area to mow. Our weather is soaked and sunshine :)
Hugs
Faith x

jimlynn said...

I can really see why you have such a big mowing job now - but wow! It's so beautiful and green. Loving all that open space too. I know it's a lot of work, but it's really pretty and worth it.
Gorgeous wedding card!!! I know how that one shines! The couple will cherish this forever. Love birthday card is awesome and so creative! CUTE! Love it.
Lynn

Carol L said...

That wedding card is just gorgeous!! I love the sparkle, the simplicity and the endearing sentiment inside with those pretty wedding bells! Just beautiful! I'm also loving that cute birthday card you made for Dwayne's uncle on his milestone birthday! It reminds me of days gone by when we bought birthday cake candles in candy-colored boxes just like the look on this card! Great acetate see-through window and I'm betting this card will bring back memories of those little candles to him also when he opens this card! Two perfect cards for 2 occasions, great job on them both. Great job on that beautiful lawn too! That's a fabulous photo of that storm rolling in! Today the warm temperatures finally roll in that are typical of spring, so enjoy your time outdoors! Happy Wednesday!

Nstiz said...

These may be simple for you but not for all of us. LOVE the wedding card as well as the birthday candle card. That holographic paper looks fabulous on the wedding card. IT almost looks foiled. Even better I just love the fonts you chose too.

Bonnie said...

This is a GORGEOUS wedding card and would work beautifully for anniversary too, Brenda! The box of birthday candles looks so realistic! An awesome photo of those storm clouds. Glad they went around and not through your yard!

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful cards Brenda - love the holographic panel behind the cut panel - that is stunning! The candle card is so cheerful and I agree with the sentiment.
Blessings
Maxine

I Card Everyone said...

Brenda, your Cricut cards are really adorable! I'm amazed because I am not one bit able to get a grasp on how to program a thing!

My friend Therese is teaching at the Cricut Summit over the weekend - have you signed up for it?
Here is one of the videos she's done recently:
https://youtu.be/6XXJY_KziZQ

I do love a good storm from a distance! Take care!
=]

Sue said...

Two really pretty cards Brenda..no wonder you're always mowing look at the size of it LOL love those storm clouds and glad they went all the way around hugs Sue x

Irish Cherokee said...

Absolutely LOVE the holographic card. It is a stunner. All of the colors it makes is wonderful. The birthday card is special. The window sets it apart. I agree with the more candles the bigger the wish. Mine would start a forest fire. smile! Love the view of the mowed lawn. That sky looks ominous. Love stormy weather as long as the wind and rain are modest. Brings back memories of childhood and playing in the rain.

Love, Hugs and Blessings

Marilyn said...

Your wedding card is gorgeous! I love how you made the birthday card!
Have a great day!
Marilyn❤️

Loll said...

The wedding card is beautiful with the holographic paper peeking out from the cut design. So pretty Brenda!! And the candles card is adorable. I bet Dwayne's uncle loved it. :) Those clouds are so dark and scary looking. Always fun to watch a storm go through where you are safe and dry! :) xx

Inkyfingers said...

What a lovely pair of cards, Brenda and even though you think they are plain and simple, I think they are gorgeous! The wedding card is perfect for the occasion and the birthday card is a great unisex design. I bet they were both well received by the lucky recipients.
I'm glad the lupus flare-up has settled down - it must be so hard not to be able to predict when they will occur. Your storm picture is so full of atmosphere and I envy you living in such a beautiful place although the mowing must be so difficult when you're not feeling up to it.
Take care, my friend.
Hugs
Carol x

Maria said...

Such a gorgeous wedding card! Love the bells inside the card and the sentiment! A fun birthday card with all the birthday candles, too! Those dark clouds look like a great storm was brewing! But, rain and sun have certainly made your yard a lovely green! Have a wonderful week, take care!!

Liz said...

Gorgeous wedding card, so stylish and elegant. I love your birthday card, such a clever design. Wonderful photo of the storm sky, glad you only saw the storm from a distance. xx

JD/ Jill said...

Your cards are very nicely done and so creative. Lovely yard you have!