Thursday, April 6, 2023

Just as He Said...

Hello my crafty friends, I hope the weather has sprung to spring where you are. It certainly has here. I'm mowing every other day now. And of course puppy sitting and playing ball. Might be able to open the pool earlier than normal. We shall see. Anyway, this is keeping me busy, so I am behind on my commenting once again. So please bear with me while I try and catch up as best as I can. 

I have Easter cards for today. A sweet friend from CA, who is no longer with us anymore, sent me lots of embossed backgrounds that she embossed using some Anna Griffin embossing folders. So I decided it was time to use them as I've had them for years and years. I really miss my friend, but I know she is in a better place just like Dwayne. Some embossing folders, I used the embossed side, other's I used the debossed side. I saw this cross die (NBUS) and I fell in love with it. I didn't have any cross dies and this one was on sale, half off I think or more, so I snagged it. I think it is gorgeous, a tiny bit  fiddly, but well worth it. I made a bunch of these Easter cards, don't remember how many exactly, but around 10 I think. I love how simple they are, but to the point of what Easter is really all about. They also looked much better in person than they do in these photos for some reason. 

Edited to add: I'm taking this over to the NBUS Challenge since the cross was a NBUS

 
All the outsides look like this, except for color and the embossing folder.

Insides all were like this, although Jesus looks very dark in my photo,
 but in real life he wasn't.

Following photos showing the different embossing folders I used. 


Thank you for stopping by to see what I'm up to in my little world. I'm sorry once again for being behind in commenting. I hope to start commenting tomorrow. Once spring has past, them mowing will slow down to just twice a week, but right now, I have to mow constantly or else I'm making hay. Not fun to make hay. LOL  I hope you are enjoying lovely weather as well!!! 

Crafty hugs,





Card Recipe:

Embossing folders - Anna Griffin

Oval scallop - My Creative Die Scallop Ovals

Cross - Spellbinders

Outside sentiment, Jesus, inside sentiment - Maymay Made It "He's Alive" stamp set

Happy Easter - Close to my Heart "Just to Say" Cricut Collection

Cross colors are snippets from my snippets bin

17 comments:

Carol L said...

I'm so sorry for your friend whom you lost, but those embossed panels look wonderful on these Easter cards. I love the cross and how it has two colors - just gorgeous! I especially love the sentiment inside the cards too and it has even more of a special meaning as we approach this blessed Easter weekend. BTW, I love the manicure too, your nails look so pretty! Have a wonderful Easter weekend and take care of yourself. If you ever want any embossed designs like the yellow background on the purple and white cross, I have that ef and will be glad to send some more your way :)

Brenda in IN said...

What a lovely way to remember your friend by using what she sent you. The embossing folders look so pretty and the cross is beautiful. Have a wonderful Easter with your family.

jimlynn said...

A beautiful cross and beautiful embossing - makes a stunning card! This is so pretty Brenda! Hope you have a wonderful Easter...and don't work too hard on that mowing!
LYnn

Bonnie said...

What a great way to use these beautiful embossing folders, Brenda! Beautiful!

Irish Cherokee said...

Of course you know I love the die cut. Any color is perfect with it. The inside of the card is perfect too. Easter is far and away my favorite time of the year. Love the embossing. Beautiful PAS (plain and simple) cards.

Love, Hugs and Blessings

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful cards Brenda - and so simple so as to not clutter the Easter message, wonderful news that it is.
It is wet and cooler here this weekend... typical autumn.
Blessings
Maxine

I Card Everyone said...

It's such a wonderful gift to have a friend like yours who just knew how much these embossed pieces would be appreciated, Brenda! These are so SO beautiful!
Happy Easter, my friend!
=]

Nstiz said...

These are just beautiful, Brenda. I love all your color combinations and the ornate way you completed them. This is the first notification I got since Valentines day. How strange that they don't always work.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Wow, Brenda that is really beautiful, well done on using up stash that is soo hard at times!
I've that last folder and cant remember when last used I must use it again! that die is pretty too on this folder you've toned it in nicely too!

thanks so very much for encouraging me and cheering me up with your comments yes at the moment I seem to be more often unwell or half unwell. Rarely have a good day at moment .. but in Gods time a corner may turn or He may just give me Grace to manage this way.. as He wills, eh? His way is always best.

happy Resurrection Day too sis! Glory, for he is indeed rise AS HE SAID.. love the verses you used on your cards, just beautiful>

Thanks for Sharing, God bless and all those you love,
Prayer hugs Shaz in Oz.x


{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Maria said...

Oh, what lovely Easter cards! I do love the ornate cross die! Beautiful embossed background, too! How sweet for your friend to gift them to you! I hope you are having a wonderful blessed Easter! Take care, hugs!!

Darnell said...

That is a beautiful cross, Brenda, and I love how you used different e/fs in different colors to give it even more interest and texture. I also love the simplicity of the sediment ... says it all! And the inside is great, too. I hope you had a Happy Easter and you got the day off from mowing! (Beautiful glittery nails!) Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Auntie Darnell

Sue said...

Gorgeous cards Brenda and sorry for the friend you have lost hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend hugs Sue x

Marilyn said...

Beautiful cards Brenda! Love the crosses and the sentiment on the inside of the card. Where did you get the stamp from? Haven't been around commenting neither. Been having medical issues myself. Hope to visit and commenting more
Have a great day!
Marilyn❤️

JD/ Jill said...

All are Beautifully done cards!

wannabcre8tive said...

Your Easter cards are just gorgeous. Thank you, for sharing them.

Sue - said...

Beautiful cards Brenda. Mowing twice a week sounds like a lot of work! Rather you than me!

Irish Cherokee said...

Beautifully done cards. The die cuts are wonderful. The colors are perfect and the embossing suits each card. Of course you know I love the sentiment and image on the inside. Nicely done.

Hugs and Blessings