Monday, September 18, 2023

Wedding Cards

Happy Monday my crafty friends, I hope you are all doing well. It's been a busy week this past week for me. I finally got my car back, Bret had it for a month. His car's water pump went out and the mechanic couldn't get to it right away. Then once he did get to it, they found out that his timing belts needs replacing as well. Last Tuesday he got it his car back and I got my car back. So I ran errands and did some eye testing to see if I can stay on my Lupus meds for another year,  and other errands. We had a family wedding on Saturday, the one I made the invites and such for. Last night and today, I've been paying the price of the stress of the wedding (stress put on myself, not by anyone else), the embarrassment of a young fella (19) singing an Elvis song to me at the wedding, and all the excitement of the day and I found myself sick all night last night and today. I've has it happen to me other times-like when I went to the Outer Banks with my brother and his family, and right here at home three times. Not really  sure what triggers this "sickness" but when it comes on and one had better be close by the bathroom when it does!  I didn't get the stinging palm rash this time though. So that was good. Lupus is such a fun friend to have. LOL Not really!

So I'm sharing wedding cards today.  I just made simple CAS wedding cards but am pleased with how they turned out. I hope the brides and grooms enjoy them as well but I'm sure they will enjoy that is inside them more!  



Used a Cardz TV sketch below to make this one. Made for a quick and easy card. But then all of them were quick and easy makes.





That's it for me today. Thanks for stopping by to visit and see what I've been up to. I know I'm behind once again with visiting you...nothing new there, but I hope to get caught back up this week as short lived as that seems to be. But it is fall or will be next weekend, then winter, so I will be hold up in the house a lot then and shouldn't get so far behind as much. 

Crafty hugs,






Card Recipe:

Card 1:
Tim Holtz Alterations Sizzix 3D embossing folder
Spellbinders Arches Dies
My Creative Time "Wishing You Both the Best" stamps and dies
foam tape
Ohuhu Alcohol markers

Card2:
SU Painted Texture 3D embossing folder
Spellbinder Jan. '23 Small Die of the Month "Sentimental Ampersand"
Cardstock snippets from the snippet drawers
Cricut Joy to cut the Mr., Mrs.

Card 3:
WR Dotted mini embossing folder
My Creative Time "Wishing You Both the Best" stamps and dies
foam tape
Cardz TV sketch #48

15 comments:

Irish Cherokee said...

Three fabulous cards. Love the first one's embossing and wedding cake. Love the 3d effect of the letters and flower. Great idea to put the panels around the cake on the third card. Maybe simple but they are fabulous.

Hugs and Blessings

Loll said...

Lovely wedding cards Brenda. That wedding cake is so pretty. Sorry to hear you haven't been good. Hope that by now you are feeling better. Take it easy and be good to yourself, my friend. Make sure to pamper yourself. xx

Liz said...

Sorry to hear you’ve been unwell Brenda, hope you’re feeling much better now. Good news that you have your car back.

Your cards are beautiful, lovely designs. xx

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful trio of cards Brenda, and I am sure they will all be well received.
Stress does peculiar things to our bodies, and with Lupus on board as well, anything could trigger attacks like that! Some times there is neither rhyme nor reason as to why.
Take care
Blessings
Maxine

Carol L said...

To begin with I'm glad you and Bret both got your cars back and how kind of you to loan him yours until his got fixed. On the other hand, I'm sorry to hear you've had a flare up and haven't felt well with all the stress. Hopefully it will soon ease and you'll be feeling calm and peaceful once again. Now as for these cards, they're fantastic! I love the embossing along with all the flowers on the cake on the first card. The bold Mr & Mrs looks great with the big ampersand and little sprig of leaves and a flower and the last one is so clever with the swiss dot embossed squares. That's a great sketch you used, and now you're ready for 3 more weddings without any added stress. Wishing you a better week ahead with peaceful days and good nights for sleeping! Hugs!

I Card Everyone said...

I do hope the results of your eye tests are good. Brenda, you are such a generous Mom! I'm so sorry that such a happy occasion can bring on this terrible sickness. Hope it was short-lived.
Your wedding cards are so beautiful and I'm sure will be cherished for years to come! This sweet little wedding cake is adorable - but it's the FROSTED card that I love the most!
=]

jimlynn said...

That sounds like a fun wedding but so sorry about you getting sick afterwards. Ugh! Not fun even a little bit.
Love all these wedding cards! They're so pretty and I know they'll be loved. Wedding and sympathy cards are my downfall - I just can't seem to make pretty ones. Yours are so lovely.
Lynn

Brenda in IN said...

Lots of excitement but I'm glad you are on the mend now. Our bodies show the stress even when we don't realize it. Your wedding cards are beautiful and I'm sure much appreciated.

Sue said...

Hi Brenda! thank you so much for all your kind thoughts to us both..so sorry to hear you haven't been well..I hope you feel a lot better soon. Gorgeous wedding card I absolutely love it! in fact I might pinch your idea LOL Take care and lots and lots of huggles Sue x

Bonnie said...

Stress can be so hard on us. Hopefully it was short lived and you are feeling good again! Three very pretty wedding cards! I'll be they were the prettiest any of the brides and grooms received!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I'm so sorry to hear you had a Lupus flair up, not fun for you in the least. I hope you're feeling better, must have been with the car and the wedding, too much at one time? Anyhow, your cards are absolutely beautiful, love the designs on each and the embossing, it makes cards even more special I feel, they will be wonderful to look back on in future years for the happy couple. Love them Brenda. Keep well
Faith x

Marilyn said...

Beautiful cards! Love the embossing on them. Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. Sending prayers to you to feel better soon.
Have a great day!
Marilyn❤️

Maria said...

Sorry to hear about your feeling the stress with lupus and its symptoms. I hope you are feeling much better. Your wedding cards are lovely! Love the designs and pretty embossing! A lovely handmade card I’m sure is appreciated! Take care and have a great weekend, hugs!!

Sue - said...

I’m a bit late commenting again, but better late than never! Lovely wedding cards. Such a shame you were sick after the wedding but stress really does cause funny effects, especially with an autoimmune disease. Hope you’re feeling much better now. xx

JD/ Jill said...

These are all beautiful wedding cards!