Saturday, September 23, 2023

Christmas Window

Hey crafty friends, happy Saturday to you all. If you are between Willington, NC all the way up to Boston, Mass, you are in the path of heavy rain and wind from the tropical storm. We still need rain, so we will take it. We have definitely hit fall with temperatures around my neck of the country. Today never even reached 60 degrees and it looks like next week will only be in the  low to mid 60's. It was hot for Labor Day weekend, and since then, we have went down to the 70's, 60's and 50's. Which the 70's are perfect, the 50's and 60's.....well they are great in the winter, but right now that is feeling a little cool. LOL Never happy am I?! I think winter will arrive early this year for us. Yuck! 

I have a simple Christmas card for you today. I made 8 of them using Katy Sue images. Love her images and thought I would try my hand at using some. She has some adorable snowman images as well, but I didn't get that book. Now, I'm sure I am not doing them justice like some people can!  But I am pleased with how these came out though. 

I started stenciling some "bricks" in different areas of my card base with DOI. Cut my image out the solid piece of the window die, then die cut the window out and it's "wooden" piece to lay on top. You can keep it plain or place this on top, I opted for the "wooden" piece. I popped the window up from the image so it looked a bit farther away from the window. On this one, I got my image up a little higher than I intended, but it is still a sweet scene as you are looking "through" the window. Very simple cards but the Katie Sue images really take it up a notch I think. 



Thanks for stopping by and seeing what I've been up too. Not much crafty things happening, but now that the pool is closed up, I am hoping to have a bit more time to get crafty.  Yep, we were late closing the pool this year with all that was going on between Bret and the weather. 

If I haven't been by to see you, I will be soon. Until then, happy crafting!

Hugs, 





Card Recipe:

Katie Sue Greyscale Christmas Collection

Hero Arts Card Kit #MH0217 from years ago for the window

Distressed Oxides Fired Brick (I think)

A brick stencil, no name so I don't know who makes it. But it is a small brick pattern 

Kraft paper scraps for the "wood" on the window

14 comments:

Carol L said...

OH my goodness, I LOVE this little scene looking in the window at that pretty Christmas tree! The bricked stenciling is perfect and I love the silver and red tree with all the decorations and presents! You've come up with one fabulous design for your Christmas cards, and I applaud you for doing such a great job! Yep, it's been raining off and on all day here but the worst of it is coming in overnight now. I think we're in for a very cold cold winter! I broke out the long sleeve tops this morning and my heat was on in the living room when I woke up this morning LOL Enjoy your weekend and stay warm!

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a beautiful card Brenda - love how you have created the window frame, and used dimension to add to the 'feel' of looking into a window. The image you used behind it is gorgeous.
Blessings
Maxine

Loll said...

Such a pretty card Brenda! I LOVE your stenciled brick wall and your beautiful wooden windown. What a lovely scene to see that pretty decorated tree with all the gifts under. Great card!! xx

jimlynn said...

I'll have to check out those images - this is so pretty and it looks exactly like looking through a window at Christmas. Love the window die you used too and the brick background. Fantastic card Brenda.
Lynn

Sue said...

Oh Brenda you did make me chuckle LOL you think 50 is cold??? we are lucky if we hit 32 over here hahaha...and then it's too hot for me! I would be in your pool every day to cool down! Now onto your card which is the totally cutest and I'm so happy you have Katy Sue!! I love their designs and I have made lots from the snowman pad..as you know. But I'm loving the tree through the window and your brick wall a really pretty Christmas card...lots of huggles Sue x

Bonnie said...

This is beautiful, Brenda! What a lovely view through that pretty window!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love your window, haven't seen that die before, as for the scene, WOW! So beautiful Brenda and you've shown it off beautifully, also love the brickwork. A fabulous card.
Good to hear you got rain, wish we could send you some of ours, but it seems the hurricanes have made their way here from the States, and giving too much rain. Yep! As you say, we are never happy with the weather.
Keep well
Faith x

Nstiz said...

What a cool card, Brenda and love the kraft paper as woodwork. I need to get more ambitious about Christmas cards. Or I will never finish!

Jenny L said...

Hi Brenda,
oh your weather sounds challenging.
Love your wonderful card and the beautiful window design.
I have that book and there are some lovely images inside it.
Love how you stencilled the brick wall it looks brilliant.
Lots of crafty love and hugs from my house to yours. Jenny L.

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, Brenda! I love what I'm seeing inside this darling window! Sorry that I'm just seeing it today - something is going on with my news feed!
You should be very pleased with your use of this sweet image, my friend!
=]

Sue - said...

Such a pretty card Brenda. I can see why you love those images, and the stencilling and frame set it off perfectly. xx

Maria said...

A very pretty Christmas card! Love the window frame and lovely view! Pretty brick background, too! The weather is crazy. Such warm days here, but soon to be quite cool starting over the weekend. Going camping next week, so we’ll be wishing for that warm weather back again. Oh well, that’s how it goes living in NW Ohio, lol! Have a great rest of the week!!

JD/ Jill said...

This is such a pretty Christmas card!

Irish Cherokee said...

This is adorable. The window is great and the Christmas scene inside is perfect. The way you did the brick could not be more perfect. It is what makes this card work. Your color combination really sets the whole scene off. Lifting the window up is the finishing touch.

Hugs and Blessings