Saturday, June 10, 2023

Happy Birthday

Hello crafty friends, I can't believe we are in June, but we are. Mowing has slowed down big time in the last two weeks. Yards are turning brown because we are so dry now. Crazy how fast things can turn. Feast or famine it seems. The pool has been opened but evenings are in the mid to low 50's with some 40's thrown in, so the water is very cold. We've also had lots of smoke from the wild fires in Canada. All week we had bad air quality. One day it was in the 400's, worst than NY. Which is crazy to me. I definitely shouldn't complain though, some people are living in scary weather right now, so my prayers are with them. 

I have a birthday card using some left overs of colored flowers/stems from my "unused stuff" box that I colored with colored pencils and alcohol ink markers. Still have plenty more, but at least a few things were used. The white background was made using a NBUS Small Die kit from Spellbinders for April. The dies are so fun to use with fun lacy individual patterns. I arrange the dies the way I wanted them and die cut the top then flipped to die cut the same for the bottom, leaving an open space in the middle.  Added my sentiment, flowers and three black pearls. Just simple and plain. 



Thanks for popping by and see what is up in my neck of the woods. Hopefully I've been by to see you as well and if I haven't, I should be soon.


Crafty hugs,





Card Recipe:

Spellbinder's Small die of the month for April 2023

Stampin Up "Bloom with Hope" -  for the daisy, colored with Prisma Pencils (I think)

Simon Says Stamp - for the flower stems and the blue flower (I think), colored with Ohuhu Alcohol markers

Close to my Heart ""Just to Say" stamp set - Happy Birthday



14 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a gorgeous card Brenda - love it!! Pretty flowers and that background is fabulous.
Those fires in Canada sound horrific - as well as your poor air quality!
Thank you for your visits to my blog, and kind comments. I do enjoy it when I see you have called in.
Blessings
Maxine

Sue - said...

Beautiful card Brenda. I love the die you’ve used. Hope your air pollution improves soon. xx

Carol L said...

I really like how you flipped this die to turn it into a doily of sorts, leaving enough room for a stamped sentiment! The flowers are colored beautifully and I love how the blue flower pulls in the background blue color too! This is such a pretty birthday card! Things are dry around here too, but at least that smoky haze has disappeared for the time being. It smelled like the entire state of PA was having a BBQ there for a while. These cool nights are giving my a/c a nice rest too! I'm chilly most of the time anymore and it's summer! LOL Have a great Sunday and take good care!

Brenda in IN said...

I swooned when I saw this card, Brenda. I have gone back and looked and looked at that die and this is the first time I've seen it used and now I really want it. Your card is just beautiful. Thanks for sharing this. I'm off to wipe the drool off my face.

Sue said...

Such a sweet card Brenda ...we have seen the wild fires on TV and oh my it must be so scary and all the smoke too!!! We don't usually get them here but last year was the hottest on record for a long time and we had some fields on fire. I am just chilling because it's too hot to do anything and Ollie is fast asleep and snoring LOL I think Paul will be doing that shortly because he's nodded off watching the criket!! lots of hugs and stay safe xxxxxx Sue xxxxxxxx

I Card Everyone said...

Here we are, chatting away when you had this fabulous card waiting for me to love!
First of all, it looks like you have NO trouble getting perfect cuts from this intricate die. You found such a fun way to use it on each end of the panel and created just the right spot for your sentiment at the same time!
It might be time for a new machine for me - thanks for steering me in the right direction, my friend. I'll be watching for a SALE!
LOve your card made with such pretty snippets! xx
=]

jimlynn said...

SO pretty!! I love the way you used that die and then turned it upside down and used again! The flowers are gorgeous on here too. LOVELY card!
Lynn

Irish Cherokee said...

Love the doily style die cut. Very PA Dutch. Great coloring. The black pearls add that perfect finishing touch.

Love, Hugs and Blessings

JD/ Jill said...

This is a lovely card!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A VERY beautiful card Brenda, I love the white die, so intricate and beautiful, I love your flowers and the colour mix too, with an awesome design, who could want better? Love it.
Faith x

Nstiz said...

What a cheerful card, Brenda. You say simple and easy but not all of us use a Cricut. Love those happy flowers against the lacy background. Great card!

Bonnie said...

What an awesome background, Brenda! Such a beautiful die cut! And those flowers are so pretty! I'm glad you let them out of your box!

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Brenda. The white background is so pretty. xx

Loll said...

Beautiful card Brenda!! That doily makes a pretty background for your lovely flowers, especially on the dark blue card base. Sounds like you've had mixed weather with the cooler nights and the hot days. Not great that things are so dry, but at least you can enjoy the break from mowing!! The wildfires have been horrendous this year. So many people have lost their homes and thousands have been displaced until things are safe to go home. It's devastating. xx