Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Dahlia's for Mother

Hello crafty friends, I hope everyone is doing well. We have had a small reprieve from the smoke filled air, but it is making a come back on Wednesday.  We even got a tiny bit of rain, hopefully more will come this week. They are calling for some storms, but they are a hit and miss type....some will see them, other's won't, so we will see. 

Today I have a Mother's Day card. I know, it's been a month since Mother's Day! What can I say, you all know how slow I am and to be honest, I had forgotten about posting this card. I either forget to take a photo of a card before getting it out, or I take one and forget about posting it. This image was colored with Prisma colored pencils with a tad bit of alcohol markers as well. I was pleased with how it turned out because you all know I'm not a very good colorist. Popped it onto an embossed mat and matted some more layers. The image was gifted to me and I love it, but have only used it a few times as I never liked how it came out when I tried coloring it...until now.  Not much else to tell about this one. 



That is it for this card. Thanks for stopping by to see what I'm up to and hopefully I've been around to see what you are up to. 

Crafty hugs,





Card Recipe:

Image - Stamplorations "Framed Dahlia"

Sentiment - CTMH "Just Saying" 

Snippets for my mats

Prisma Pencils

Ohuhu alcohol markers

Little chevron puff sticker was a gift, so I used one. They are silver but I colored over it with a tan alcohol marker

14 comments:

Jenny L said...

Hi Brenda,
oh I love this wonderful card and that image is a brilliant one and coloured in lovely.
Love your script background and the emboosed matt also.
All finshed off perfectly with the colour matts used.
So sorry to hear about that smoke reaching your neck of the country I do so hope you do get some rain to help.
Lots of crafty love and hugs from my house to yours. Jenny L.

kiwimeskreations said...

Such beautiful colouring Brenda - I too sometimes forget to blog my cards, or sometimes even to photograph them before I post!!
Love the way this card has turned out - I am sure it was appreciated.
Blessings
Maxine

I Card Everyone said...

Brenda, thanks so much for sharing this card! If this is any indication of your talent, you ARE a wonderful colorist! The choice of colors, depth achieved, and that shading around the edges makes these Dahlias POP! A beautiful image - love the typed background on this stamp!
Now, might I remind you that we are looking for your favorite flowers at The Flower Challenge! Maybe these are your favorites? x
=]

Carol L said...

This looks so pretty with the dual colored flowers! I like what you did with this stamp - it makes a perfect mother's day card! Good use of that puffy little sticker too :) I had not heard more smoke was on the way, but I'm not surprised. I turned my A/C on a few days ago and just left it on now, turned up considerably higher so it barely runs but it keeps it comfy in here without having to smell that smoke! I wish I could open the windows and let in some fresh air, but not just yet! Have a good Wednesday and take care!

jimlynn said...

Brenda, this is beyond stunning! WOW!!! So gorgeous and I love your coloring on the flowers. Beautiful plus!
Lynn

Nstiz said...

Outstanding coloring, Brenda, one you should be proud of. I like the magic of alcohol markers and fix up my messes with pencil. Gorgeous card with such bright and cheerful colors.

Bonnie said...

This is so pretty, Brenda! I love how you've colored these flowers! I'm so glad you remembered this card and shared it!

Liz said...

Gorgeous card Brenda, I love the colour combination. Hope the reprieve from the smoke filled air is continuing. xx

nancy littrell said...

Simply beautiful colored stamped dahlia's and love your framing. TFS Hugs...Nancy

Irish Cherokee said...

I see no problem with your coloring ability. It is beautiful. love how yopu put together all elements of this card. Your choice of colors balance perfectly. Steller Mother's day card.

Hugs and Blessings

Loll said...

Lovely colouring of these blooms, Brenda. Happy Belated Mother's Day to you, my friend! xx

Maria said...

A beautiful Mother's Day card with the pretty dahlia's! Lovely color and wonderful design! Take care and have a great weekend, hugs!!

Sue - said...

A beautiful card Brenda! Your colouring is great and I love the stamp! Pleased you’re having a bit of respite from the smoke! It keeps forecasting rain here but so far we’ve not really had enough to wet the ground. xx

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful card! I am one person that you would never have to apologize for [posting late, etc... I think LATE should be my middle name. Smile