Monday, November 8, 2021

The Same....But Different

Hello crafty friends, I'm sorry I haven't been around to visit in a while again. Life was busy and I wound up in the ER with kidney stones. They were going to keep me and I was so surprised! They were worried about sepsis as white blood cells or something was high in the urine. Anyway, after a rough time of it with being sick from the pain and then the pain meds, they gave me a bag of antibiotics and decided to let me go home late in the evening My male nurse told me to get my butt in the recliner and not to move. I was given strict instructions on what to watch for and if I had any of the symptoms to get my butt up to the hospital where the urologist was on duty.  Which was over an hour away. Bret ended up sleeping on the living room floor on his air mattress to keep an eye on me all night. If I moved, he was asking me questions. So thankful for him. Anyway, I got through the weekend without incident. Just took it easy, had no choice as I was to doped up to do much of anything else and took my pill form antibiotics and Flomax as Bret reminded me to do so. Have pain and nausea pills if I need them, so thankful that I haven't needed them. Pain meds just make me sicker than a dog. But have another 4 stones to go so I won't say it too loud!! 

So made these cards the other week. I thought they were pretty cool looking as well as fun and enjoyed making them. Always good to be able to add birthday cards to the stash! My favorite one is the red and black one, but I do like all the color combos and would like to do more sometime. I did some scoring at the bottom, but it isn't showing up since I took a photo of all the cards together. Used snippets as well for the scallop background and the white background that the birthday was drawn on, so will try and link to the Snippet Playground Challenge. Aren't they fun?!  I used my Cricut and markers to make these cards. The design and file came from The Bearded Housewife. Nick is such a great guy and has a fun blog with lots of free files. 


I hope to be by some this week to visit. Please be patient with me as I navigate my gift making and all the other stuff that needs to be done before the holidays. As well as try and rid this body of these stones and keep myself healthy.  As always, your comments bring sunshine to my life. I know you are busy too, so that makes your comments all the more special to me!

Crafty Hugs,





Card Recipe:
Cricut Joy
Design Space
Snippets
Cricut Joy Markers
Sequins

20 comments:

Liz said...

Sorry to hear you’re having a tough time with your health, Brenda. Hope you’ll soon be fully recovered.
Love your cards. Great choice of colour combinations, my favourite is the red and black one too.
Take care. xx

Marilyn said...

So sorry you have been having a rough time! Hope you are up and around soon. Sending prayers. Glad to hear you had someone with you and take care of you
Have a great day!
Marilyn ❤️

I Card Everyone said...

Oh Brenda!! Dare I say this? Been there, passed that! At the time I thought I'd rather have triplets, this opinion stands. Do follow orders, and I'll be sending prayers, my friend!
Your birthday cards are enough to make anyone want another birthday! xx
=]

Nstiz said...

How fun is this! Love all the rainbow colors. You are a master of that Cricut. I’m surprised you felt like crafting with your issues right now. Great cards and so colorful too.

Brenda in IN said...

Oh my, Brenda, I'm glad you're home and have Bret there to look after you while you get over this. I've heard they are so painful so I wish you to pass them soon. These are cute and different birthday cards. I like all the color combinations too but the red and black does stand out.

Loll said...

Lovely birthdya cards Brenda. The design is so fun as well as the colours. So sorry to hear you have kidney stones --- ouch!! I hope they pass soon and you'll feel so much better. Brett takes such good care of you!! Love, Loll

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Oh!my goodness Brenda, what pain you have gone through, it's supposed to be worse than childbirth? I hope you listen and don't do anything to jeopardise your health. I love your cards and the different colours. Super makes.
Hugs
Faith x

Bonnie said...

I'm so sorry you have to deal with kidney stones, Brenda! I hope you are fully recovered very soon! Bret is such a good son! Love these fun birthday cards! They will be perfect for any age or gender! Take care!

Sarn said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery from your kidney stones ordeal. Lovely birthday cards.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

JD/ Jill said...

Your cards are really cute!

Hope you are doing much better! I feel your pain! Been there done that! And yes, my pain was more than when I gave birth! Mine happened on my first day that was to be a week of relaxing vacation. The doctor sent me to the ER, and And I spent quite a few days in pain...on my vacation. When I got back to work my co-workers asked me"How was your vacaation? My answer was "You Don't want to know!"

nancy littrell said...

Oh my..so sorry about your stones, Brenda...I know the pain..I have had twice..10 years apart and no more for 25 years...I drink lots of water:-) Take care and sounds like you are getting wonderful care from your loving son:-)
TFS your beautiful and cheerful birthday cards in different color combinations. Love and and gentle hugs, my friend.

Mac Mable said...

Brenda, I am so sorry to read you've had such a rough time of it. Thank fully you didn't get sepsis and what a fabulous son Bret is x. Your cards are artsy, fun and fabulous and I love them! Work on keeping healthy and get rid of those stones! Thinking of you and sending gentle hugs Brenda x.

Darnell said...

Oh, no, Brenda, I'm so sorry that you are / have been dealing with another medical situation. It sounds horribly painful. I've heard people say it is as bad as labor pains. I'm so glad you have Bret, too, so you were able to get out of the hospital and feel more comfortable at home. Don't worry about replying or visiting. You take it easy and just work on what needs doing. The last thing you need is stress or more schtuff on your to-do list. Love and hugs, Auntie (Oh, p.s. your birthday cards are so festive with all the shouted birthday words and fun bright colors!)

Carol L said...

Ugh! Kidney stones are the pits as I've battled those myself, No fun! Hopefully things have settled down for you by now in that regard. I love love love these cute birthday cards in all the assorted colors! I think the red and black is my favorite too, but they're all great cards! Wishing you a better day ahead - I sure hope you feel better soon! Sending healing hugs your way!

Irish Cherokee said...

My goodness. You are having quite the time of it. Said an immediate pray for you. You did a fantastic job on the cards. Very bright and festive.

Love, Hugs and Blessings,
Jim

Di said...

Gorgeous cards Brenda but oh my golly gosh - poor you with kidney stones! Can't they 'zap' them with some sort of ultra-sonic device to break them down. It sounds agonising and thank goodness for your wonderful Brett.

Take care and let's hope this passes (no pun intended) before too long.

Hugs

Di xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Yes so agree Brenda, love these cards, well done you in actually making them while you are so poorly.
So many stones wow praying for you in it all!!
Thanks for sharing, and may God bless and keep you and all whom you love safe and well.
Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz. X

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Sue - said...

Sorry to read you’ve been unwell. Hope you’re feeling better now! Love the cards, so bright and cheerful, just what is needed on your birthday! xx