Friday, October 29, 2021

Rudolph Challenge

Hello my crafty friends, I sure hope the sun is shinning where you are. It is a dark, rain dumping, extremely windy day here. Very raw out. Yesterday was so beautiful, sunny and not warm, but not cool either. Just a hint of crisp in the air. I guess it was the sun that made it feel so nice with temps in the low to mid 60's. 

I took a pause from Christmas gift making to make a card for the Rudolph Challenge. I haven't played in so long, I don't play much in challenges because mostly I forget about them and then they are over. lol I've tried writing down the challenge and date to close, but then forget I wrote it down. Anyone else as bad as me?! No, ok.....even Bret is worried about me. haha. 

Maureen is honoring Kath, a blogger who recently passed away by adding a twist of paper piecing since Kath paper pieced a lot. So if you do paper piecing, she had an extra gift in honor of Kath. I'm not playing for the price, God knows I have enough crafty goodness to last me forever. I love how paper piecing looks, but rarely do it so I thought this was a great time to make a Christmas paper pieced card. As usual, it didn't come out as well as it did in my head, and while I don't love it, I don't hate this card either. But I do have a lot of ink where it doesn't belong! Rudolph's face, on the white part of my card, etc. I think it came from the stamped glittered cardstock, the ink had a hard time drying on it. I should have used Stazon, hindsight! 


So while this card isn't perfect and didn't turn out like I "saw" it in my head, I think it is still cute. So I think this will be a grandchild card. lol They don't notice your mistakes! I also am going to enter this into the Snippets Playground (Ruby's Memory) and NBUS challenges. 

Thank you for stopping by today and visiting with me. Your comments always bring rays of sunshine to my day. If I haven't been by to visit you,  I should be soon. 

Crafty hugs,





Card Recipe:

Maymay Made It-Santa's Stuck, Again! stamp set NBUS
AliExpress-House Dies NBUS
Dress My Craft-Rectangle dies
Snippets
Viva Pearl Pen in White
Red Stickles
Cheap Dollar Tree white chalk marker for the "grout" of the chimney

17 comments:

Liz said...

Fabulous card, Brenda. It really made me smile.
You're not the only one who writes down the closing date of a challenge and then leaves it too late to enter. lol!

Jenny L said...

Hi Brenda,
Happy Rudolf Days.
Oh isn't Ruddy so cute and gorgeous I love the paper used on him what a fab idea to use a wording paper on him.
Love the little scene of Santa getting stuck in the chimney.
Your chimney bricks look very authentic and The embossing is fab too.
What a super sentiment also.
Altogether a fabulous card.
We too are experiencing similar weather here in my part of the UK.
Lots of crafty love and hugs from my house to yours. Jenny L.

kiwimeskreations said...

A gorgeous fun card Brenda - love poor old upside-down Santa, and such a sweet wee Rudolph image. Your paper piecing is perfect for this fun card
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Nstiz said...

How cute is this??? Love Rudolph in newsprint. That’s so creative, Brenda. I see no ink marks on the white at all. This card is just plain fun!

I Card Everyone said...

Brenda, it turned out just darling! and what a fun sentiment! I never do paper piecing unless it's for a challenge - why not? It's so cute!
=]

Brenda in IN said...

How cute and a great paper pieced card. I didn't know Kath but that is a lovely tribute to her by doing what she liked. I do think challenges stretch your mind and used a lot of unused supplies but I only play in a couple. That's all I can remember!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I can't see the ink either, perhaps I'm your grand kiddies age? (wishful thinking!) It's such a lovely card Brenda, love the embossing and Rudolph! and the upside down Santa stuck! Great sentiment also.
Faith x

JD/ Jill said...

This is really cute. Great paper piecing...It's something I like to do too.

Bonnie said...

This is so cute, Brenda! The sentiment is so perfect for these fun images! I don't see smudges so I don't think a grandchild will either! So glad to see you posting, my friend!

Irish Cherokee said...

Love this card. Needed the chuckle.

Hugs and Blessings,
Jim

Loll said...

This IS really cute Brenda! LOVE the sweet reindeer and the Santa stuck in the chimney. The sentiment is perfect! xx

Sue - said...

There’s no such thing as a mistake in crafting Brenda, they’re happy accidents! That is a really cute card, I’m sure any youngster would love it.

Carol L said...

This is just the cutest Christmas card ever Brenda!! I love the whole idea and the sentiment is hilarious seeing as Santa had a few too many cookies and now won't fit into the chimney! LOL Great paper piecing and a really fun design! Hope you enjoyed a few Halloween treats yesterday too. Yep, I'm as bad as you - I write down the challenges and then forget where I put the list! OR, I make a card and go to post it and the challenge has closed.....sigh. I may be hopeless :)

Mac Mable said...

What a fun card and so very adorable Brenda. No mistakes here my friend x. The paper piecing looks great and I love your little scene and the texture from the card base. You are not alone with the memory thing Brenda and we are getting wild weather, cold, wet and very windy here in Scotland x.

Marilyn said...

Cute card and I really don't see the mistakes. Love the cute images. I write down challenges also and forget about them.
Have a great day!
Marilyn💖

mamawcindy said...

What a super cute card. It's perfect for a grandchild. They will love it!
cindys-greencricut

Inkyfingers said...

This is such a fun design, Brenda and your lucky Grandchild will love it! Your paper piecing is awesome and I love that you gave Santa a stripey suit lol!
We're having wet and grey weather here too which is a shame because there are still fireworks and bonfires going on!
Hope you are well.
Take care.
Hugs
Carol x