Saturday, May 24, 2014

Don't Eat the Daisies!

Hello my crafty friends, I hope this Saturday finds you all doing well and enjoying the weather. I had gotten some sweet birthday gifts in the mail  from a very special person to me and so wanted to play with a couple of them. I took a few minutes to do just that and you will see that it was only a few minutes. lol The lattice border on the side was once of the die cuts I received as was the beautiful daisy die cut! I have been seeing so many water color projects on the blogs lately from the classes everyone is taking and I have been just loving them. Of course I haven't taken the classes, but am hoping to in the fall. Or whenever I am over my melancholy from my son leaving for college. lol But I thought I would try taking some Tim Holtz Distress Inks and putting some of the ink on my teflon mat and I spritz them with water and then laid my die in the area's where I wanted the colors to be. Not great, but not to bad either. lol  Of course I used water color paper to die cut my daisies out in. I placed them on a mat of their own and popped it up on to my white card base. I used the lattice die cut, cut in white on my white base as well, adding some white liquid pearls on it. Very hard to see, but enlarge the photo and you may see them. I wanted them to be there, but not very noticeable. I added a few iridescent sequins. This same person sent me some die cut sentiments a while back so I inked up a "hello" sentiment and placed on the card across the daisy stems. That's it, nothing special, but I had fun playing. Loving the lattice die and the daisy die. Can't wait to get some time to play some more with some other goodies.  Thanks for dropping by today, love it when you do! Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend and let's please remember all of our service members past and present. Our soldiers always been and still are so awesome!! And I thank them for their sacrifices in keeping us safe. As a military mom, I know all to well the sacrifices our soldiers make as well as their families. Believe me, it is not easy on the families or the soldier. So a big thank you goes out to them and their families-they are my hero's!!!  Crafty hugs, Brenda



lattice die-Memory Box Trellis Border die
daisy die-Simon Says Daisy Fresh die

16 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh wow, Brenda, this is absolutely gorgeous!! The flowers look amazing!! I love the lattice along the side and the iridescent sequins!! What a beautiful card!! I love it!! I hope you have a wonderful, happy Memorial Day weekend my friend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

jimlynn said...

Brenda, this is GORGEOUS!!!! WOW! Love the different colors you used for the die cut and also the colored 'hello'. SO beautiful!!
Lynn

Sue said...

This is stunning Brenda! love those dies so lovely..huggles Sue xx

Sheila H said...

The embossing is so striking. And the daisy die cut is absolutely beautiful. You chose lovely colors. The hello and sequins are excellent complements to the overall design.

Vickie said...

Very pretty my friend. And happy birthday. I can't believe that I forgot. Anyway.,] I love the lattice cut. I want this. LOL

Brenda in IN said...

This is gorgeous. I love the lattice die and your flowers came out great. I think you've got the hang of it. I hope you do get the chance to take some of the online classes. It will make you happy and not missing your son too bad. You can make cards to send to him!

Anonymous said...

So pretty, Brenda. Your flowers are so sweet and delicate. Love the embossing, too. Beautiful.
And thank you to your sons and your family.

Carol L said...

The person who sent you these fabulous crafting toys has your number! What a wonderful gift to receive, and just look at the gorgeous card you made with them! I love how you colored those daisies, and adorned them with sequins, and that trellis look is perfect with this die! Well done!
I hope you're enjoying a wonderful holiday weekend!!

MaryH said...

WTGo! This turned out just lovely and what an excellent use of the dies. Love what you did with the flower & the w/c. Terrific work, beautiful card, and hope you're having a grand weekend. Hugs & Prayers. MM

Tina Campbell said...

Wow Brenda that is absolutely gorgeous! well done on laying it down in the right spot, I'd be afraid I would mess it up to many times. Have a wonderous Memorial day weekend and thank you for all the kind comments on my blog. Hugs my friend, Tina

Anita in France said...

Just so lovely, Brenda ... soft and delicate watercoloured blooms, gentle irridescent sequins and that gorgeous white on white lattice ... wonderful! Hope you're having a great long weekend! Anita :)

Joan Smith said...

Your card is so fabulous OMG you really did create one gorgeous card I love how you did your flower and embossing. Super clever & creative job.

cm said...

"Nothing special"?? Oh, goodness, dear Brenda, EVERYTHING is special about your card! Your friend sent you some 'perfect for Brenda' elements, and you, in turn, - being the amazing gem of a friend that you are - have jazzed them up beautifully with your style and flair! The lattice with its spritzed water-colour is lovely, and the panel of delicate flowers...swoon! The hello and rhinestones are 'the' perfect special touches! I think your water-colouring is pretty 'pro' looking already, so once you take the class (yes, that would be a great way to remedy your melancholy!), I can only imagine the fabulous delights you'll be sharing! this one truly is gorgeous!! I'm guessing you're busy with Grad preparation for you son's party! Such excitement; such pride!! Hugs~c

Bonnie said...

This is so elegant, Brenda! Your watercolor daisies are gorgeous!

Karen Petitt said...

Brenda this is beautiful! I would be surprised if you needed to take a class for this as you have a natural touch with the colour.
A heads up for you is that I am going to be doing a couple of how to's on my blog, hopefully in June, so have a look at them to see if they help once I've done them. If you ever need help or advice give me a shout huni. I haven't taken 'proper' classes but have learnt a lot of tricks over the years Karen xx

D- said...

Oh I LOVE how your flowers turned out. They are gorgeous.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot