Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy New Year! Jo's Funday Friday Challenge

Happy New Year my crafty friends! I know you probably thought I fell off the face of the earth, but I didn't. The holidays were very busy for me, along with hubby's chemo and family coming in and getting ready for Christmas I was stretched a little thin. I wanted to shout out to my hubby...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! As well as my grand-daughter Leah, who shares a birthday with her Papaw, HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEAH!!! She is two years old today. So we will be celebrating with her and her papaw tonight. Our last son and family left yesterday morning and now the house is so quiet without my other grandchildren. I sure do miss them already and had lots of fun babysitting, spoiling and sugaring them up as well as loving up on them. I hope to have some family pics to share in the short future with you all. It was a beautiful Christmas! Hubby had chemo Monday before Christmas but doc gave him off on the one chemo that causes the cold side effect, so hubby had a wonderful Christmas and felt really good. Praise the Lord!! 

Now it is back to real life and I have my first post of the New Year. Over at Jo's Scrap Shack we are having a New Year's challenge for the Funday Friday challenge. Our sponsor is Paper Nest Dolls, so go over and check out what you could win! I picked the "Build A Snowman" digi and colored it up with my Spectrum Noir markers. Not much shading going on because I made my image pretty small. I used glitter glue, ribbon slider, snowflake button and kraft twine on this card. I wanted it to sparkle and shine and I think it does in real life. I tried to capture the sparkle but it was hard, so it looks better in real life. My paper is from a paper pad from Target. My sentiment is a mix of My Creative Time sentiments. I just masked off portions of the stamps with tape to get my sentiment.  Be sure to go over to Jo's Scrap Shack and check out the challenge and then link up with us with your New Year card! As always thank you for stopping by and visiting me for a spell. Crafty hugs, Brenda




 Trying to catch the sparkle in shine in the sunlight.

7 comments:

The Queen (Laura) said...

I know what you mean about being busy. I must get back in the swing of things. Happy Birthday to your hubby and granddaughter! The image on your card is adorable. I love how you've colored it. The snowflake button looks great! Love it!
Lots of Hugs,
Laura

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

So cute Brenda. I love this little guy. So glad you had a great Christmas. Big hugs and great card.

MaryH said...

You did great on this one meeting the theme. Made me think of you on the front lawn with the current weather you're having, and this is truly a very cute card. Loved the snowflake embellishment too...they really did sparkle & shine. And big Happy Birthdays to Dwayne and Leah. I know you all are having a fun celebration. Hooray! TFS & Hugs

Migdalia said...

Simply Adorable!!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥

Kellie 0:) said...

Simply adorable Brenda. I just smile looking at your wonderfully coloured image. I know what you mean about the quietness after everyone leaves. Happy birthday Papaw Dwayne and to little Leah. Here is wishing you all a great 2014. xx

Vickie said...

Like the digi stamp. Kewl card.

Happy New year my friend.

Mayras Designs said...

Brenda, this card is full of sparkly cuteness !!! I love the image and of course your color choice is always perfect !!!

hugs,
Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com