Friday, January 31, 2014

Celebrate!! Funday Friday Challenge

Hello my crafty friends, happy Friday to everyone! If it is Friday then it is time for a brand new Funday Friday challenge over at Jo's Scrap Shack. Our theme for today is create for any celebration. Our sponsor is Bugaboo and that is where my digi came from for today. My card is plain and simple, not much fuss to it. The paper stack I used is from  My Paper Studio called Lula and Luca. I colored my image with my Spectrum Noir markers, used my Martha Steward drippy goo punch for along the bottom and inside my card. My sentiment is from Paper Trey Ink, Birthday Basic's. I put some clear stickles on the candle flame, the stars and the highlight on the balloon. And yes, I know I have my light source coming from two different directions. lol I just started coloring with the cake and wanted my light coming in from the right, never even paid attention to the balloon until I colored it last. I should have paid attention to the balloon first and then had my light coming in from the left. Live and learn, so when you have a balloon with the highlight go by that! lol Super simple and quick card, but thought it was pretty cute all the same. Please stop by Jo's Scrap Shack and check out the challenge and see what prizes you could win! Here are some simple rules. So what are you waiting for? Come and get crafty with us, you know we love it when you do! Thanks for stopping by for a spell today too, I love when you come and visit and will come and visit you too. Crafty hugs, Brenda
Challenge Rules
1. Please post a direct link to your card/project post that includes your challenge,
Using the linky tool below.
2. Be sure to include a link back to our challenge
3. entries per person and you must post a separate blog post for each entry.
4. All entries must be NEW and created for the current challenge.
5. You may combine with other challenges as long as you link back to us in your post.
 * All entries that do not meet the challenge requirements
Will not be eligible for top 3 or random/monthly wins.
The monthly prize drawings will only be mailed within the US and Canada only





9 comments:

MaryH said...

Love your tipsy cake! Your coloring was wonderful, and got those shadows just right. Liking all these dp used on the front, and really love how you carried the design to the inside. Good show! TFS & Hugs

teachdanz said...

love your card, such fun colors and your coloring is fabulous!!

~ Jo ~ said...

Sis this card is soooo pretty!!! I just LOVE your coloring!! I don't care if your light source was coming from each direction on the compass, your coloring is fantastic! I love that cake, such a nice tiered one and the sparkle on the candle is perfect. I like that MS punch too, its one of my favs! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!
Hugs
Jo
xox

The Queen (Laura) said...

I love how you've colored the digi, so cute! The goo punch looks great! Love it!
Lots of Hugs,
Laura

TerriK said...

Cute card, Brenda :) I love the coloring and the drippy punch, so cute.

Tina Campbell said...

Beauty of a cake! and just love the layering on the card, what a fun birthday card and the inside looks just as good :)

Jules said...

Hi Brenda

That is a brilliant card .. love the cake!!

My niece wants her wedding cake to look like that .. .. a topsy turvy cake.

Congratulations on your Cardz TV design position. Have fun!

Love Jules xx

Candice F said...

Love the coloring on this card! The colors really pop! Candice

Mayras Designs said...

This is so sweet and fun !!! That birthday cake looks delicious !!!

Hugs,
Mayra
mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com