Monday, December 3, 2012

BBTB2 Challenge Time!

Hi my crafty friends!  It is Monday so that means it is time for another BBTB2 challenge!!! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  My family traveled to NY then to Iowa and had Thanksgiving with our 5th son and his soon to be wife.  It was so nice and we enjoyed our trip very much.  We are so blessed in so many ways!  Now for my project, my super sweet and very talented friend Suzanne picked our theme and it is "gift giving" - decorate a gift bag or tag using Cricut die cuts, so I chose to do a tag.  My tag is from Plantin School book cut at 4.75, my Nativity (don't remember the size-sorry) came from Teresa Collins Dec. 25th Cricut cart, my paper is from an old Martha Steward Christmas paper pack-I think and I used my Martha Steward branch punch, as well as a Creative Memories star punch that I made 3D, a Viva Pearl Pen and some red crystals.  I think my ribbons came from Hobby Lobby and the tiny button is from JoAnns, the hemp is from Wal-Mart. I also took a page from an old Bible that a pastor was throwing away and placed on my tag, I inked it using Tim Holtz Tea Dye distress ink of our Savior's birth.  I think that is about it.  I hope you have enjoyed my tag and now it is your turn. Just remember to use your Cricut and follow our simple rules which you can find at BBTB2.  Please check out my Design Team Sisters as I know they will have some amazing projects for you and please don't forget to leave some bloggy love for them as well.  Can't wait to see what you guys come up with!!






12 comments:

Carole Beath said...

I love your sweet little tag....lovely papers and I really love the Nativity scene with that sprig over the doorway.
Hugs
Carole

Jayne said...

Gorgeous tag Brenda,I have Dec 25th and am going to borrow your lovely idea.
So pleased you had a great time with your family.
I also purchased space too!!
Jayne x

The Queen (Laura) said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful vacation! I love this little tag. The sprig above looks great. Great minds think alike on using this cut. I just posted a card today with this cut. Great job my friend!
Lots of Hugs,
Laura

DIANA L. said...

What a great tag, I love this cut on the TC cartridge one of my favs you did a great job htanks for the inspiration
DIANA L
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Brenda, a lovely tag. I love this cut. I feel like I should whisper (out of respect) when I see this cut.
It truly is the perfect cut for this season. Glad you had a wonderful holiday.

Jules said...

Hi Brenda

What a gorgeous tag.

Love the silhouette image and script background.

Love Jules xx

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Such an adorable tag Brenda. I love the nativity cut and the way you used the branch strip. The papers are perfect. Thanks for crafting with me this week.

TerriK said...

Beautiful tag, Brenda. I love the nativity and the branch punch. The bible page was perfect.

DonnaMundinger said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip, Brenda! what a perfect time to visit family. Your tag is just beautiful! Love the cut and the gingham, but the Bible verse behind is just inspired. Fabulous! xxD

MaryH said...

Now THIS is my kind of style. Love these papers & the way you combined them, with the Bible verse brought in as well, and especially the Nativity. Hard to find images that really reflect the true meaning of the season. Your green branch over the Holy Family is just the perfect touch. Very lovely. TFS

Unknown said...

Brenda...this is beautiful. Your sweet tag portrays what Christmas is all about. Love how you embellished it...perfect!

Shawnee said...

I am so glad you had a fun trip!! This is an adorable tag. I love that Teresa Collins cartridge. It is on my wish list. I love how you added the jewels and beautiful star. :)