Thursday, February 16, 2023

Last Two Valentine's

Hello crafty friends, hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's with your sweeties.

I have the last two Valentine cards to share. First one has been hot foiled. Still working with that, sometimes I get the shims right and other times I don't. I need more play I guess. But this one turned out pretty well, my first time using this foiling plate. Very simple as the foiling plates did all the work. I just ink blended the pink heart. Very simple, but pretty I think. 




Had one more little piece of that red smooshed paper that I used on the Cupid card, it was barely big enough for this ampersand die. For the tail, I used some pink smooshed snippets in my stash to give the ampersand some character. The ampersand and the postage stamp mat are stacked up with 3 or more layers. The hugs and kisses sentiments are individual letter stamps made to look like a Dymo/Dyno? Labeler-I think that is what they were called, but I could be wrong. I placed them down flat. 


                                          Here you can see the thickness of the stacks.


Thanks for stopping by, I know lives are busy. If I haven't been by to see you, I will be soon. I had all three dogs for a while and I got behind with commenting. Nothing new there though! 


Crafty hugs,





Card Recipe:

Spellbinder foil kit of the month for December 2022 and small die kit of the month for January 2023 

My Creative Time stamps - "Label Font" for the sentiment on card 2 and the Postage Stamp dies for card 2. 

Waffle Flowers A2 dies for card 1 mat

Neenah 110 lb card

Versafine Onyx Black ink




15 comments:

Carol L said...

These are both such fabulous cards you've created! I've never tried the hot foiling, but it looks to me like you've nailed it quite well. What a gorgeous card! I love the 2nd card too with those letters and how you placed them with that big ampersand die right in the middle! I still have my DYMO tool and will use it until I run out of the rolls that it uses! Cleverly designed cards - both of them! Good job! I hope you had a good Valentine's day after having the 3 "kids" for a while LOL

Maria said...

Such lovely Valentine cards! A very pretty delicate heart with soft pink color for the center is truly lovely! and, second card with the red and black combo is perfect, too! We may get ice this evening. I hope it doesn’t come your way. Take care and have a great rest of the week!!

Irish Cherokee said...

The gold and pink are perfect together. Love how the pink fades toward the center of the heart. It creates a warmth you can feel. The stacking gives a nice dimensional look to the hugs & kisses card. Both great cards.

Hugs and Blessings

I Card Everyone said...

Really lovely foiling, Brenda! & your ampersand couldn't be cuter - love the postage die, and dymo-mite sentiment strips!
=]

kiwimeskreations said...

Brenda this is stunning - loving how you have used the foil on the first card, and the red on white on the second, with all the dimension, is fabulous
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

All I can say is Stunning cards Brenda. Beautifully designed and made.
Huge Hugs
Faith xx

Nstiz said...

You do amazing work on that Cricut of yours! These are 2 gorgeous cards, Brenda and love the Dymo font on the second one. These are so creative!

Liz said...

Beautiful cards, Brenda. I haven't tried foiling yet, something else to add to my long list of things to try. xx

Bonnie said...

Two more lovely valentines, Brenda! Love the gold foiled heart and your ink blending is so smooth and even! The ampersand is even better the way you did the "tail"!

Brenda in IN said...

The gold foiling made this card so elegant. The fun ampersand die is so unique and looks great matted on a postage stamp die. Two sweet Valentines.

jimlynn said...

Two GORGEOUS cards Brenda! I love both of them. The heart on that first card is so soft looking and beautiful.
Lynn

Loll said...

Two beautiful Valentine's Day cards Brenda! LOVE the gorgeous hot foiled card with your pink heart ... it's so beautiful! And you've made good used of your smooshed paper to get another card ... such a great design! xx

JD/ Jill said...

Both are great cards! Very nicely done!

R's Rue said...

Absolutely beautiful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Awesome cards. Love the pink heart, my favorite color.