Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Birthday Cupcakes

Hello my crafty friend8nday, then storms came through and brought our temps down low. We didn't even get out of the low 60's on Tuesday with the rain continuing. Today, it was beautiful out though. Nice and sunny, but temps only reach the low 70's. Tomorrow is supposed to be a repeat, then back to hot again. I guess the whole summer is going to go this way. lol 

I made a slimline birthday card. You know I am not a good watercolor but I like trying so I keep trying to get better. I don't but maybe one day it will click or someone will tell me what I'm doing wrong. I used some digital paper I printed and  had left over from other projects for my "wallpaper". Stamped my cupcakes and watercolored them and the cupcake stands and fussy cut the out. Punched a "table" for them to sit on and to add my second sentiment on. Even though I'm not good at watercoloring, I think the card still came out cute. 


As always, I thank you for visiting with me for a spell. Your comments always make my day and I appreciate you all so much. I will be by to visit you as well soon. 


Crafty hugs,





Card Recipe:

Close to my Heart: Cutie Pie stamp set-it was a stamp of the month years ago
My Creative Time stamp set: Wow, So Many Candles
Stampin Up scallop punch
Zigs/Arteza Real Brush Watercolors
Homemade enamel dots-small ones
Nitwit Digital Collection-Bee-lightful for the "wallpaper"

9 comments:

Marilyn said...

I think you did a great job on water coloring those cupcakes! Your card is adorable!
Have a great day!
Marilyn ❤️

I Card Everyone said...

Beautifully water colored, Brenda! They look good enough to eat!!
I've followed you on follow it - so we'll see if it works! I won't unfollow through blogger until I see duplicates.
=]

Irish Cherokee said...

The water coloring is perfect for this card. Love the design. You did a spectacular job with this card.

Hugs and Blessings,
Jim

Veerle's Kaarten Hoekje said...

Sweet card brenda. And looks yummy aswell. :-)
Hugs Veerle

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

FABULOUS card Brenda, love the colours and design, love the background paper and the border design.
Have a good weekend.
Faith x

Nstiz said...

Gosh I'd call that great water coloring and great shading! I hope to do half that good some day. The design is just great, Brenda! It will bring a smile to the recipient. Lover your choice of happy colors too!

Carol L said...

Your watercoloring looks fine to me, especially that lavender cupcake in the middle! Love the slimline look too - I have yet to dip my toes into the slimline waters! Fun birthday card! Congrats on doing the follow it feature too - I need to sit down and actually try that myself one of these days! Have a great week ahead! Hugs!

Sue - said...

I think your watercolouring is absolutely fine Brenda! It’s a really lovely card!

Mac Mable said...

Your card is super cute and I love your water colouring Brenda x.