Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Flowers for a Friend

Hello my crafty friends, I hope today is a good one for you. We are having a warm week this last week of Oct. I'm not complaining either, as I'm not looking forward to winter. lol 

I have some cards for you today that I made a long while ago but never shared. They are the same but different. What?! Is this one of those "find the differences in the two pictures"? Kinda, sorta', maybe, not really. lol I made these cards a while back, before I fell back in May. I was getting all my birthday cards ready so I could maybe mail them out on time for once. I ended up late on a couple, but not as bad as I usually am. I kept them simple, stamping a black and with a strip of black or gold down the left side of the flowers. Adding some black paper strips as well. So as you can see, they are all alike, but different. I am liking the flowers just in black and white, I think they look elegant that way. But I do want to color them sometime as well, to see how that would look too. Maybe, if brave enough, watercolor them. 

As always the things I used will be listed down in the recipe section. I want to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to visit me. I'm trying to get around to visit you as well even though I'm not consistent with it right now. Your comments always bring lots of cheer and joy to my life and I appreciate you! 













Card Recipe:

Maymay Made It: Flowers for a Friend Stamp set-NBUS
SU white embossing powder
black snippets
gold snippets


14 comments:

Marilyn said...

Beautiful cards Brenda! I love the black and white with the strip of gold or black.
Have a great day!
Marilyn❤

jimlynn said...

You're having a warm week and we're having a cold one! Brrrrr......
ALL of these are beautiful! Loving that flower stamp too.
Lynn

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Brenda. Leaving the flowers in black and white is so effective, really stylish. xx

Carol L said...

The design of these cards is so pretty and elegant with those gorgeous stamped flowers! I like them uncolored too, but would like to see maybe one flower spotlighted with color? I may have to CAS this design some day - I love it:)

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful floral image Brenda - love how you have added subtle variations to was one, but with such a fabulous image, you don't really have to do much more to the card
Blessings
Maxine

Kristie Goulet said...

I really LOVE these cards in black and white and the strip of gold on a couple of them. Very stunning!

Inkyfingers said...

Yay, Brenda! I have just visited and had a look through your recent posts outlining all the adventures you have been having in your absence. I'm so happy that your life is moving on and you are so right that we have to make the most of every day. Your trip sounded fabulous and the new addition to the family is truly cute. I loved the gifts you created and the monochrome birthday cards are so elegantly stylish. Its good to have you back!
Hugs
Carol x

Bonnie said...

Simple but so elegant, Brenda!

I Card Everyone said...

Maybe the recipients could color them!!! But gorgeous just as they are, Brenda! xx
=]

Veerle's Kaarten Hoekje said...

So gorgeous Brenda. I absolutely LOVE black and white. The one with the strip of gold is also gorgeous. Love this.
Hugs Veerle xxx

Nstiz said...

These are beautiful, Brenda. that striped strip makes them look so classy. Love this design and really love them in black and white.

Mac Mable said...

So glad you shared these beauties Brenda as they are so elegant and so very eye catching. All fabulous and stunning x.

Darnell said...

I like your same-but-different designs, Brenda, and love them in black and white! Besides, if you send them to card artist friends, that gives them the option of coloring them!! Hugs, Auntie

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Loving this Brenda they’re really really gorgeous, the flowers in black white look great!
Thanks for Sharing, God bless, hugs Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}