Thursday, February 8, 2018

Monster Hugs

Hello my crafty friends, I hope you are all well and not snowed or iced in! I am iced in. So much ice so I haven't even gotten my mail all week. Started with snow on Superbowl Sunday, then that turned to freezing rain which made a mess out of the snow. It was crunchy, but I could at least get a footing on it and got my trash out Tuesday morning. I think that morning I grabbed Monday's mail, but the rest is out in the box. Then on Wednesday, we had freezing rain again. Was supposed to have snow, but no snow came, only freezing rain. So the ice on my patio-where I have to walk to get to my garage is all ice, the driveway is all ice, the trees are all ice....so guess who isn't going anywhere?!! Roads are nice and clear though. lol I tried going out today and scrapping the ice off with the ice scrapper, but it isn't budging until it melts some. Sooo....I have some cards to share.

Well I'm at it again! Yep, I CASE'd Faith over at Daffodil Cards. She had the cutest little monster card (see it here) and I just had to case it for my Valentine's for my nephew's and one granddaughter. Please go over and check out Faith's blog, she makes the most amazing cards and even colors them digitally! I'm totally blown away at how she does that. So anyway here is my take on her monster card.



Thanks for stopping by and having a look see, your visits always bring much needed sunshine to my life! Can you believe it is almost Valentine's?!! The 13th would have been late hubby and mine's 25th anniversary. Hard to believe he has been gone for over 2 years now. I'd like to say it is better-some ways it is, some not so much so. But life goes on so I put a smile on my face and go along with it. Now I'm off to see what critter's I have in my stash as Michele wants me to play along in a challenge. I also have to get my Snippet's Playground card posted as well. Much to do so had better get busy.

I also have some things to mail out to some friends. And I will get them in the mail as soon as I can get out to the mail box! lol They are ready to go, it's just getting past the ice, which I am hoping will melt this weekend as we are supposed to be above freezing. Lord I hope so!

Crafty hugs,





Card Recipe:
Monsters and hearts-Print and Cut feature of the Cricut as is the sentiment.
Generic googly eyes
embossing folders

18 comments:

Anita in France said...

Just so cute,Brenda ... these little monsters are adorable ... and are sure to be loved! Thinking of you as you reach one of those milestone moments without Dwayne ... he's sure to be watching over you on the day. Big hugs, Anita :)

Jenny L said...

Hi Brenda,
oh my that ice sounds awful.
you be very careful not to fall.
I thought we had it quite bad as it's been so darn cold here, but you have had so much worse thatn us in the UK.
Luckily I live in the south of the UK and it's a little warmer than the rest of the country, but it's still mighty cold at the mo.
Love these wonderful cards and the super designs.
Those lottle monsters are so cute.
Beautiful sentiments also.
Lots of crafty love and hugs from my house to yours. Jenny L.

jimlynn said...

EEP! These are too cute and fun!! I love your little monsters and know the kids will too. They're so much fun!
Stay warm and inside! Hopefully pretty weather is on the way soon.
LYnn

Sue said...

Fab cards Brenda I saw Faith's too she is really clever! We had a flutter of snow but it didn't lay but it's bitterly cold but it sounds so much worse for you! take care and stay warm huggles Sue xx

Lisa said...

These are too darn cute, Brenda!! I love those adorable monsters!! Their eyes are so fun!! They totally make me smile!! I hope the ice melts soon. I'm so ready for Spring. I'm tired of snow and cold. Have a great evening, my friend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Marilyn said...

Adorable cards!!

LesleyG said...

These made me laugh Brenda, such a great idea for valentines. Hope your ice thaws soon, we are fed up with the U.K weather, but it's not so bad as yours. Anniversaries like that are hard, especially when near an occasion like that. Take care and keep warm xxx

Carol L said...

These are so danged cute and the wee ones are going to just love them! I especially like the green monster with 3 eyes and his mouth open - too cute with those teeth :) We had ice too, but today the sun was out and a lot of it melted thank goodness, but there is still ice on the back roads in spots. I'm so ready for spring and might just go lookin' for that silly groundhog and give him a good shaking! LOL I know it's hard to imagine you've been on your own for 2 yrs now, but in spite of it all, I hope your 25th anniversary date will bring you joy and peace as you reflect on the memories you made together while he was here. Celebrate your special day in spite of the situation - you certainly deserve it. Wishing you warmer weather and a big ice meltdown real soon!

kiwimeskreations said...

What fun cards Brenda - I love that you are crafting - albeit because you can't get outside :-) Hope you thaw out soon. I know what you mean about the "want them here but..." part of grief.
Hugs and blessings
Maxine

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Loving these, Brenda, you chose the cutest cards to case, well done you!!! And love take of being iced it..I’m wondering if your mail gets iced in , inside it’s mail box?soudns like it could...brrrr!!!
Think I need to send you some Aussie sunshine to bring on the thaw!!
Hugs and prayers, dear sis,
Shaz in Oz.x

I Card Everyone said...

Monster cuteness here today, Brenda! NO matter the weather! You stay right inside ... we do NOT want you falling again... xoxo
=]

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Brenda, I absolutely ADORE your cards, I don't think you've cased them, you have definitely made them your own, your little ones are going to be absolutely thrilled with them. I love the hearts and the embossed backgrounds and their so funny eyes. Gave me a chuckle.

I hope you do stay indoors to "play" sounds much too dangerous to venture outdoors. I hope your OK, keep safe and warm.
Hugs
Faith
x
PS thanks for the linky too xxxxx

Marlena M. said...

It's wonderful to see you craft and share, friend! These are the cutest monster cards ever :). I am with you on the snow...howz about my daughter's school bus got stuck this morning!!! They finally got pulled out (and she jumped in a parent's car for a ride in the meantime since my hubby pulled out before it all went down). Yikes. What a morning. I'm praying when your precious anniversary comes around God gives you extra memories and blessings. Take care~

Bonnie said...

Ice is so much worse than snow!!! Sounds like you haven't lost power though and that's a blessing! Love your little monsters and I agree that Faith has amazing talent on that computer of hers! Yours are just as fun and I'm sure the kids will love them! Be careful!

Darnell said...

You did a terrific job with your CASEing, Brenda! They are going to love their monster Valentines!! You be careful on that ice, you hear me?! I suspect you do as you haven't forgotten what happened the last time you took a bad tumble! I hope some of our heat is heading your way so you get a nice warm-up this weekend!

And Happy Would-Have-Been 25th Anniversary! You definitely lost him way too soon and I know that never gets easier. Sending lots of love and hugs, Auntie

Sheila H said...

Love these darling little monsters! The kids will love them, too. Please take care dealing with the ice around your home. Be blessed, my friend.

Loll said...

Adorable cards Brenda. Had to go check out Faith's monster card as well ... so cute!! As you can see, I'm WAY behind on visiting. A week has gone by since you posted this. I'm hoping by now that the weather has warmed up and the ice has thawed so life outside is safer. Take care. xx

Barb said...

Your little monsters are really cute Brenda and what a great sentiment. The really fun cards. I'm so sorry that you don't have your dear hubby to celebrate your 25th Anniversary with. Two years is no time at all. Hugs, Barbxx