Friday, July 12, 2013

Wish on the Stars-Funday Friday Challenge

Hello my crafty friends! A happy Friday to you all and as you know if it is Friday it is time for a new challenge at Jo's Scrap Shack. This week we were given this inspiration photo to go by. 



So I what came to my mind was a mason jar filled with stars falling out the sky and you know whenever a star falls we wish on it. lol I know corny, but that is what came to my mind and that's what I went with.  For my mason jar I used the Stitched Chunky Jar dies from My Creative Time, my cloud SU clouds embossing folder for my sky, my sentiment is on a label from the Chunky Jar Accessories from My Creative Time and my grass is from a punch by Fiscars.  The star buttons are Stitched Button dies from My Creative Time as well. My sentiment is an old My Pink Stamper set. For my jar I cut out one in paper and one from left over plastic from the clam packaging. On the white paper one I used my Spectrum Noir marker to shade the jar to make it look like glass and then glued my stars down. After having all my star buttons down I then used glossy accents to glue the plastic jar over the paper jar to give it that look of glass once again.  I think that is it! I hope you get some humor from my card and don't think it is too corny. lol So go and catch a mason jar full of falling stars this summer and make lots of wishes!! Ok now it is your turn, go to Jo's Scrap Shack and read the rules and see who the sponsor is this week then use the inspiration photo and make a project then link it up with us! You know we love when you get crafty with us!



14 comments:

Tammy said...

Wow love your card Brenda great job.

Vickie said...

Love it!!!!

~ Jo ~ said...

This is the cutest card Brenda! I love it! I do not think its corny at all, its clever! Stars falling out of the sky and being caught in a mason jar, just clever my friend!
Hugs,
Jo
xox

Kellie 0:) said...

Wow Love your jar of wishing stars. So creative Brenda I love it TFS

Anonymous said...

Brenda, this is so cute. I think just about everyone has a jar of buttons, and you caught a jar full . This is so creative. Love the jar and the clouds.

Andi said...

Brenda I LOVE this card!!! I miss talking to you my wonderful friend but I do think about you often. I'm updating my blog so you can see what's going on with us!

TerriK said...

Cute card, Brenda! I love all the layers on it. Great job!

Migdalia said...

Absolutely Beautiful....
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M (my blog)♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

The Queen (Laura) said...

This is so cute! I just love the cloud embossed paper! The stars look great! Love all of the different colors. Fabulous job! P.S. Sorry I haven't been commenting, my laptop died and had to get a new one.
Lots of Hugs,
Laura

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the multi-color star buttons in the jar. You indicated in comment on my creations that you did not know what a paint card is. Well, a paint card is the sample paint cards that the paint depts in stores have that are colors that they have paint of. The Glidden paint cards are from WalMart and have wonderful scenes on some like the beach & flowers and others are solid colors.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

D- said...

This is soooo darn cute. TFS.
D~
http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

Sharon said...

Oh wow!! This is awesome Brenda!!! I so love your mason jar full of stars. And the embossed bg is great. I've got to find that folder. :)

MaryH said...

Lovely take on the inspiration. Just saw Kellie's card using the inspiration photo, now enjoying yours. Really do like your interpretation of this inspiration...thought your 'make a wish' was inspired as well. Definitely not corny at all. Your jar did indeed look most realistic with your noir shading at the edge. Great idea to add the plastic over the top of it. Bet it glistens IRL - just as a real one would do. TFS & all the lovely comments on our Day. So kind of you to take the time to leave us a comment. Hugs & great card!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Love love love this Brenda. One of my favorites you have ever done. Great embossing and love the stars coming out of the jar. :)