Monday, March 4, 2013

So Lucky! BBTB2 Challenge

Hi my crafty friends!  Hope you had a fabulous weekend and are ready to start the new week with renewed energy.  Today is Monday and that means a new challenge over at BBTB2.  I am hosting this week's challenge and I chose for everyone to use a shamrock on their projects. You can use any shamrock from any Cricut cartridge.  So get those Cricut's humming everyone! For my project I made a banner.  I don't have any decorations for St. Patty's Day so I thought I might make a few.  I used Pretty Pennants, Blackletter for my "lucky" and A Child's Year for my shamrocks.  I used some stickles on my "lucky" as well as on my shamrocks.  I used some gems on the points of my pennants and some crystals on each corner.  For the center I used black liquid pearls.  I also used twine to tie my banner together.  If you are looking for some more inspiration go to BBTB2 and see what my design team sisters have for you, I promise you will find a lot of inspiration from them. While you are visiting leave them some blog love as well.  Have a wonderful week!





15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brenda, this is fabulous. I love the pennant cut and the font. I bought Blackletter when I first bought my E and never used it. This is the only way I've seen it used that I like. Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I just love banners!

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous banner, Brenda! Just might have to look into that cart. Love the blingy letters, too. xxD

Susan Edwards said...

Wow, Brenda! I love this banner. Brilliant! I did not even consider a banner - duhhh! I truly this this - the pretty pennant cuts and that great font with touches of pearls. And I love that you used twine to assemble the banner. Awesomeness!
xxSusan

Annette said...

Lovely! Will have to try this one also.

L.B. said...

Your banner is amazing. I love the details of each letter and this shamrock is one of my favorites that I did not know exsisted.

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Brenda I love your banner and the Pretty Pennants cards. I need one of those at my house. Sorry I couldn't do the challenge this week being the Irish girl I am but I was in charge of Showcase today on my other DT. Thanks for bringing on the green for the challenge.

Caroline said...

What a pretty banner for your home!,, I love the banner cut and the sparkle and gems. Soooo pretty.
Caroline

Sharon said...

Fantastic banner Brenda!! Love the font for the letters and those great gems and crystals! :)

The Queen (Laura) said...

This is awesome! I love the top layer of the pennants. The stickles look great on the Lucky and the shamrocks. . I love the gems too. Fantastic job my friend!
Lots of Hugs,
Laura

MaryH said...

Lucky St. Pat's pennants! So pretty. Your trims are perfect, and that Font is gorgeous. So pretty & great job on the creations. Talk to me if you want some St. Pat's files....See ya.
Hugs

shelly said...

awesome banner brenda. i love that font you used and the pretty pennants cut too. thanks for the fun challenge this week :)

Carole Beath said...

What a darling little banner, Brenda. Love it.
Carole

Jayne said...

Wonderful banner Brenda.It will look amzing hanging up.
Jayne x

Migdalia said...

A very Beautiful Banner!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia