Thursday, April 5, 2012

Cards for Emily

Hi my crafty friends!  Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.  I have been battling kidney stones and a saliva stone.  I may have to have surgery in two weeks, so if you would, please keep me in your prayers.  I would so appreciate them!!  On to my card, a while back there was a hope for a sweet little girl named Emily. Emily has been battling Leukemia since December.  I can't even imagine all this little girl has been through.  I only know a tiny part of it, as I had to have a bone marrow test myself a few years ago.  This little girl is so brave and inspiring!! We sent cards to Emily to help keep her spirits up and make her smile.  Dustin Pike made special digi stamps just for us to make cards to send to Emily. You can read about it here. You got a digi and when your card is done you are to link it up at Dustin Pike and then you got the whole set of digi stamps!!  How cool is that?!!  You help to put a smile on a sweet, brave little girl's face and got some cool digi stamps too.  I started out with coloring my image.  But...yep there's a but...when I went to cut it out on my Cricut, I did't get it on the mat quite right and cut my little horse's ear off.  Not wanting to take the time to color another image, I went with the image already colored for me. I started out with a card base sized to 5.5 x 8.5. I used Lacy Labels for the mat under my digi.  I used my newest Martha Steward punch and I stamped my sentiment in black ink first and then in white ink to give the illusion of a shadow.  I love how the shadow turned out!!  I used some flowers and buttons to finish off my card.  I hope that you get some time to get your craft on and I wish you all a very blessed Easter!

4 comments:

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Brenda that came out so cute. I love it.

The Queen (Laura) said...

Brenda, I hope you feel better. I've had kidney stones before and they are NOT fun. You are definitely in my prayers. And Emily as well. Love your card with the cute digi! Great job my friend!
Lots of Hugs,
Laura

TerriK said...

Cute card Brenda!

Shawnee said...

Very cute card, Brenda. I love it!