Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Sympathy Cards

Sympathy cards, they are hard to make.  I've made two, one using Inspired Hearts for a friend of mine who lost her adult son.  His life was taken much to early, he was only 53 years old.  One more year older than me.  I can't imagine having to bury a child, no parent should ever have to bury a child. This man was an amazing member of our community, so amazing that he had around 700 people show up for his viewing.  Another friend and myself went to the viewing and stood in line for almost 2 hours!  It was the most amazing site I have even seen.  I mean what a tribute to this man!!  It was so uplifting to see everyone come out and pay their respects to his family!! For my card I used the Inspired Hearts Cicute cart and the Cuttlebug corner die as well as a sentiment from Paper Trey Ink.  The paper was some holographic paper from Wal-Mart. Love this paper!!!

My next card doesn't use any Cricut carts.  I just used a die and stamps from Paper Trey Ink. This card is for Hope and Faith Cards. 


Thanks for looking and love to hear your comments!!!

2 comments:

Shawnee said...

Both of these cards are beautiful, my friend. Sympathy cards are very hard to make but you did a fabulous job!

The Queen (Laura) said...

So sorry to hear about your friend. Sympathy cards are not fun to make. These are beautiful my friend.