Saturday, July 29, 2023

Happy Wishes

Hello Crafty Friends, happy weekend to you! We have been hot, our heat index has reached 104 the past few days. Now I know that isn't as hot as some of you all, but it is plenty hot for me. LOL So I've been enjoying the pool. Had bad storms roll through yesterday, so today was spent cleaning up from that. 

My card for today is of course another birthday card. No surprise there, right?!  Just a little simple one, but I do love the way it came out. I stamped my "watercolor" background, then popped up my black eyed Susan's along with my die cut panel. Added my little lady bug and sentiment and it was done. All my coloring was done with alcohol markers. 




Thanks for stopping by to see what I've been up too in my neck of the woods. I should have been by to see you too, if I haven't been, I will be soon. 

Crafty hugs,





Card Recipe:

My Creative Time - Hey There Little Lady & Build a Scripty & Watercolor Background

CTMH - Sending Smiles

We Are Memory Keepers - Circle Dies

Ohuhu Alcohol Markers

Foam Tape

Versafine Onyx Black

14 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

CAS and ever so elegant Brenda - love this, it's gorgeous
Blessings
Maxine

Carol L said...

I just love that inky background for these pretty flowers that you colored to perfection! That little ladybug is the cutest accent to this great card! Well done my friend. I'm glad you've been enjoying the pool and today sounds like we're going to get some relief from those hot temperatures at last! Enjoy your Sunday!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! How VERY beautiful Brenda, love that background for the gorgeous flowers and the super addition of the ladybird. (ladybug).A lovely sentiment too. As for the temperature? I could do with a bit of that, even for a day! We are "basking" in 60f with lots of rain!
Faith x

Brenda in IN said...

I think this is one of my favorite cards you've made. I love your background and the flowers peeking out are so pretty. The ladybug is adorable. It's been hot like that here too and we've had so many storms. They've been during the night a lot of times and Daisy keeps me up because she is so scared.

I Card Everyone said...

Brenda, this just couldn't get any cuter!! CAS perfection and I adore your little lady bug!
=]

jimlynn said...

Another WOWSERS card! This is sensational! Love the watercolor stamp used in the background and that little ladybug is adorable. Fabulous card!
Lynn

JD/ Jill said...

This is a lovely card!

Bonnie said...

Love, love, love this, Brenda! The background is perfect for showing off the black eyed Susan's and that ladybug is a delight!

Liz said...

Fabulous card Brenda, I love the design.
It dull and wet here….. we’re waiting for summer to return! xx

Sue said...

Such a gorgeous CAS card Brenda it's so elegant. We haven't had any decent weather for weeks here..it's been raining then a bit of sunshine and continued like this for nearly the whole month. I'm hoping August will be different...hugs Sue x

Maria said...

What a sweet card with the pretty flowers and darling lady bug! Wonderful background peeking through, too! Weather here was a little cooler. It made for a nice to to enjoy eating dinner outside. Take care and have a great rest of the week!!

Jenny L said...

Hi Brenda,
what a brilliant card and such a super design also.
Love your wonderful background and that grogeous flower.
Beautiful colouring of it as well.
Oh my that is hot I couldn't stand that heat.
Lots of crafty love and hugs from my house to yours. Jenny L.

Sue - said...

What a lovely card! 104 is definitely too hot for me but a bit more sunshine would be nice instead of all the rain we’re having.

Irish Cherokee said...

Sweet and simple. Great coloring. Excellent design. The lady bug is special. Perfect.

Hugs and Blessings