Sunday, July 16, 2023

Another Birthday Card

Hello crafty friends, I hope your weekend has gone better than mine. Bret brought the pups over on Wednesday evening because he was going away for the weekend. He also installed a new smart door lock to my  back door. My old fashion lock broke and I couldn't lock up the house when I left. Anyway, he also brought the flu and gave it to me, which in turn has flared up my Lupus and Fibro. Talk about miserable and hurting all over! It's been rough going since Friday evening and I've got 3 dogs not happy with me because we aren't going out to play ball in the early morning before the heat gets to bad. Or in the evening. They will be going home on Monday evening and for the first time, I am ready for them to go because I feel so bad. 

I have a another birthday card today. Still simple but not as CAS as the previous ones. Again, using stuff from the "left over" box. Actually everything but the card base is from the "left over" box. I used alcohol markers to color the flower and leaves, the other leaves are die cut from vellum, a die cut stitched square from the "left over" box and that is it. 


Well that is it. I'm soon off to take my meds and head to bed for the evening. I'd like to just stay there! As soon as it is daylight, Maverick is waking me up wanting to get up. Savannah doesn't move a muscle until I put my glasses on, then she knows I'm getting up. Not Maverick! I will be getting around to visit during my "feel decent" part of the days. Not many of them, but hopefully soon I will be back to normal. 

Crafty hugs,






Card Recipe:

Stamping Up - Forever Fern, Bloom with Hope

SSS - Leaves stamp set (has flowers too, but I didn't use them) and the pre-printed sentiment

Ohuhu Alcohol Markers - I have the pastel set

Cricut Joy card base


13 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Brenda, what a generous son you have - a bit like my daughter who had shared covid with four of the five of us, me included... like you, I am not impressed.
Love your card - that is beautiful. The colouring and composition is a joy to behold
Blessings
Maxine

Sue said...

So sorry to hear your not well Brenda..and it's not good when you have the dogs to take care of either when all you want to do is stay in bed..your card is really great love that flower hugs x

I Card Everyone said...

I probably don't have to say this but - you had me at this gorgeous gray card base! Brenda, what gorgeous paper - you really need to give me the low down on it WHEN you are feeling better. and I hope that is tomorrow!
A beautiful arrangement of your leftover's - loving those bits of vellum with this lovely trio of color!
=]

jimlynn said...

Beautiful birthday card Brenda! In fact, it's totally gorgeous! WOW!
But......OH NO on having the flu! I'll be thinking of you and hope you're starting to feel better now. Hopefully Bret will get the pups early today and let you get some rest. Sending a healing hug!
Lynn

Liz said...

Sorry to hear that you are so unwell Brenda, hope you’ll soon be fully recovered.
Your card is beautiful, the flower is just lovely. xx

Carol L said...

OH Brenda, I'm so sorry you're not feeling well! I haven't had the flu since I was 17 but I remember how terrible I felt even way back then. I hope you feel better after getting some rest and taking your meds and hopefully the doggies won't drive you crazy wanting to go out and play in this heat! This is such a pretty card with those vellum stems and gorgeous flower! I love the simple design too, nice work! Now just chill inside and take good care of yourself, ya hear? Keep smiling too :)

Bonnie said...

This is even prettier in person and I am enjoying it, Brenda! I'm so sorry you feel bad and hope it will pass soon. Rest when you can. Sending healing hugs, my friend.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

It's awful to hear you're not well and puppy sitting too? Poor you. I hope each day brings you a quicker recovery. As for your card, love the base card with the bright and happy flower, also love the vellum leaves, all so beautiful Brenda. Big Hugs to, hopefully, make you feel a little better,
Faith x

Brenda in IN said...

It's hard to rest when the dogs need to go out and want to play too. I hope you will get rest when they go home and I'm sorry you feel bad. This is a lovely card and the last two are also. I love the colors on both and the designs. Keep well, my friend.

Jenny L said...

Hi Brenda,
so sorry to hear you are not feeling well.
I do hope you will be felling A1 again soon.
Love your wonderful card and your gorgeous design.
That flower is gorgeous and you have coloured it perfectly too.
Really like the idea of the vellum leaves.
Lots of crafty love and gentle hugs from my house to yours. Jenny L.

Irish Cherokee said...

My goodness! that is some leftover box. Marvelous job with the card.

Just said a prayer for you to get well. It isn't fun with animals that need taking care of when you are sick. Take care of yourself.

Love, Hugs and Blessings

Nstiz said...

Beautifully colored Brenday! Your shading and vellum look gorgeous on this. This is really eye- catching!

Loll said...

Hi Brenda. Sorry you had a terrible time recently. I'm just seeing this today and I haven't been well either ... think it was that same darn flu you had. Hope by now you are much, much better, my sweet friend. Your card is GORGEOUS. I LOVE everything about it from the coloured card stock, beautifully coloured bloom and gorgeous background of subtle vellum leaves. It's a beauty! Take care. Love, Loll