Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Ink Swiping

Hello crafty friends, I hope your week is going well. All is week in my neck of the country.

I know you are probably tired of seeing birthday cards, but they fly out of this house faster than I can make them. So it's more birthday cards today. Lou Collins has videos of "5 Minute Makes" and I've watched a few of them. This is the one where this card idea came from. It is swiping ink across the paper using mini ink cubes. So I had a few Distress Inks ink cubes and used a few of them for my three cards today. I really like how they came out. Once again, still using up things out of my "leftover box", the flowers are the only thing I die cut for the cards. Once again, I used those gifted pre-made sentiments. The ink swipes on the first card were my best. But I couldn't waste the other ones, even though I didn't care for those swipes as much. And no,  your eyes aren't crooked, my swipes are crooked because I can't do anything straight anymore to save my life! LOL All in all though, I love the way these came out-simple little cards but fun and cheerful I think.   





Thanks for popping over to see what I've been up too. If I haven't been by to see what you have been up to, I will be shortly. Enjoy the rest of your week!

Crafty Hugs,






Card Recipe:

Distress Ink Cubes

SU - Forever Fern

My Creative Time - Flower Petal Dies

SSS - pre-printed sentiments

Enamel dots from my stash 

15 comments:

jimlynn said...

WHOA! Brenda, these are over the top beautiful! WOW! I think you have forced me to go subscribe to Collins on Youtube now! LOL! What a simple ide and yet make a gorgeous card. I LOVE all of yours and the colors are just right. LOVE!
Lynn

Liz said...

Beautiful cards Brenda and I never get tired of seeing your cards. I love the effect of the ink swiping for the backgrounds. xx

Sue said...

Oh what a fabulous idea Brenda I think I'm going to have a go at this they are really beautiful and look so elegant!! hugs Sue x

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely cards! And thanks for sharing the video link!

Carol L said...

I am in LOVE with this technique of making cards! Those color swipes are just genius! I love how you add the color to the flowers to match the swipes and having them a wee bit off center gives them that hand painted look! Those pre-printed sentiments really do come in handy don't they? Great job on each one of these pretty cards! I hope you're staying cool in this heat! Whew!

Irish Cherokee said...

I have always been amazed at what changing colors in identical images can do. The same holds true for these cards. All three are gorgeous. No favorites here. The swipes on all three are perfect for the card they are on. Just beautiful.

Hugs and Blessings

Nstiz said...

WOW! Love the brilliant colors on these! they really catch the eye! I didn't notice crooked at all because your colors stole the show. Beautiful!

Bonnie said...

OOh, I love these, Brenda! The ink swiping makes a fantastic background for these pretty flowers! I'm saving this in my CASE file!

kiwimeskreations said...

Brenda these are absolutely beautiful... love your ink swiping and the gorgeous flowers - the subtle leaves on the second one are amazing
Blessings
Maxine

Brenda in IN said...

These are so pretty, Brenda. I like all three of the colors you used and the flowers are so pretty.

I Card Everyone said...

Brenda, this is you crafting at its finest! LOve your artistic swipes of ink [much straighter than I'd even hope to make them!] and these darling little bouquets of flowers! So fresh, so beautiful, so perfect in every way!
=]

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Brenda, These are gorgeous cards, what wonderful colour mixes, I've used the swipe only once, but never as a mix of colours, I really like the effect. The flower and leaves are beautiful, so are the sentiments, the black actually makes the rest stand out. The design is stunning, I love these cards.
Faith x

Maria said...

Oh, what beautiful cards using the ink swipe technique! Love the beautiful color and the gorgeous flowers! Thanks so much for sharing the link for I'll have to take a look and check it out! Take care and have a wonderful weekend!!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Come from Lynn's blog, how beautiful designs! Love the idea! I will try this technique, thanks for sharing!

Sue - said...

These are really lovely Brenda. What a great idea using the ink swipes.