Friday, August 4, 2023

Christmas Cards....finally!

Hello crafty friends, I was without internet for several days. Bret was trimming the bushes last Sunday and accidently cut into the internet cable. Oops! I'm back up and running now though, so all is good. Now I'm trying to play catch up, as you know I tend to get behind on my own without any help of losing Internet! 

Since I didn't have internet or TV, (I have YouTube TV) I decided to get a start on my Christmas cards....finally! Have a lot more to go obviously but at least I finally started. LOL I had colored 6 of these Penny Black Snowy the Snowman images eons ago and threw them in my leftover's box. Well, I thought it was high time to use them on a card! I dug into the backgrounds box and found smooshed backgrounds to match each of the snowman I colored, how fun that I had little pieces that matched each snowman! I am tickled pink on how these came out. I was inspired by Pinterest and this is my take on it. I let some of the scarves hang over and some not, all the pompoms hang out over though. Some different backgrounds as well. My panels are popped up from the background. I hope these bring a smile to your face like they did mine!








I tried catching up with my commenting yesterday after the service guy was here. So if I missed you, don't worry I will be by to visit! Thanks for stopping by to see what I've been up to with no Internet. It's amazing at what all you can actually get done when you aren't "wasting" time on the Internet. LOL But it is oh so fun to be on it, isn't it?! 

Crafty hugs,






Card Recipe:

Penny Black - Snowy the Snowman

My Creative Time - Stitched "Capture" Frame w/arrow die, Chalkboard Christmas (sentiment/Santa & reindeer)

CTMH - Frosted D1562

Maymay Made It - Fond Noel (pine boughs), Just Believe (sentiment), Ornamental Greetings (snowflakes)

Cardz TV - Merry Everything (sentiment)

Ohuhu Alcohol Markers

Distress Oxide smooshed backgrounds

Stampendous Frantage



13 comments:

jimlynn said...

That's a great start on Christmas cards and that little snowman is as cute as can be. Love the design too!
So glad you have internet again - what would we do without it.
Lynn

Carol L said...

I'm so sorry you had no internet for that length of time, but look at what you've accomplished without having it! OMGosh, this is the cutest snowman ever and I'm so sorry I never bought this snowman image when he was available! I love each and every card with the different colors and sentiments. SO stinkin' cute! I love Santa flying in the sky in the last version but my favorite is the 4th one with the purple and pink colors! You did a great job on each one of these, now go relax and jump in the pool before the rains come LOL Have a great weekend my friend and take good care!

nancy littrell said...

WOW!!! Six adorable snowman Christmas Cards, Brenda!!!! I Love how all your backgrounds and die cut windows worked beautifully for to finish each wonderful card. So clever and creative, my friend. TFS Love and Hugs...Nancy

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, my goodness I love this snow dude!! SOO darling in every color - and I love your design, Brenda! Fun and playful and yes very holly jolly! [psst pink and green just makes me smile BIG!]
=]

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Brenda, these are awesome, such gorgeous choices of colours and fabulous designs, I Love every one of them.
Thanks for the link too, there was a stamp on there that I have, and it gave me lots of ideas for it!
Faith x

Sue said...

Oh just wow wow wow Brenda! my favourite snowman and some gorgeous Christmas cards..they are so beautiful. Love all the different colours you have used too. Sorry about your internet your Brett sounds like my hubby...clumsy lol take care hugs Sue x

Bonnie said...

How fun, Brenda! Each is colored beautifully and the backgrounds work perfectly!

Brenda in IN said...

I feel cut off from the world when the internet goes down. You made excellent use of your time and made these wonderful cards. I love each one. It's amazing how different they are look by coloring in different colors.

kiwimeskreations said...

Love these Brenda - what a fun and beautiful selection of cards you have created!!
Blessings
Maxine

Darnell said...

Since I seem to have no self-discipline anymore when it comes to the computer, the TV, or eating, I could use a few days without all of them and boy, I would catch up on lots of things! Oh, well, haha! I have to say I'm impressed with all your adorable Christmas makes, Brenda! I have that snowbuddy and love it ~ she/he never grows old or out of date - so I just might be stealing this idea! Thank you for the inspiration! Now go enjoy the heat while you can! Hugs, Auntie

Marilyn said...

Adorable cards! Love the cute snowmen Love your coloring also
Have a great day!
Marilyn❤️

Liz said...

Wonderful collection of Christmas cards, Brenda. The snowmen are so cute. xx

Sue - said...

I’m a bit late commenting but what a great set of cards! I love Snowy! xx