Thursday, July 13, 2023

Birthday Wishes and Butterfly Kisses

Hello Crafty Friends, welcome back. Are you ready for the weekend? Unless one goes to work each weekday, I guess everyday is a weekend. But for some reason, we look forward to the weekend. I do anyway. LOL 

I'm back with another CAS card, using up some of those smooshed backgrounds and left over bits and bobs from my "leftover's" box. I love the colors in this one, as well as the card before this one. I embossed my smooshed background with a mini embossing butterfly folder. Framed it, popped it up and added my images and a pre-made sentiment. 



Thanks for stopping by and seeing what I am up to in my neck of the country/world. I will most definitely be by to visit you too!  I am dog sitting all the dogs as Bret is away. Fun times, a little bit of crazy times and to hot to let the dogs go out and play ball. And even though it is hot here (95 today with feels like temps close to 100, good pool weather)  I know there are some of y'all that are even hotter. Like AZ, I think they are predicting 118 for Phoenix, now that is hot!!! TX is in the 100's. So stay cool!


Crafty hugs, 






Card Recipe:

My Creative Time - Stitched Squares Inside and Out, butterfly 

Crafter's Companion - Butterfly mini embossing folder

SU - Forever Fern

Distress Oxides

SSS - pre-printed sentiments

11 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Stunning card Brenda, I love the teal colours with black. The embossing and dies are the perfect match, Love it.
As for the temperatures, OUCH! That's hot! We are struggling with 15C (59f) and rain with occasional sun, the temperatures rise when it's out, but it's not out long enough! We are hoping to get a touch of the extreme European temperatures, maybe next week? You keep cool in the pool, poor pooches, Yes! The temperatures are definitely "stay indoors weather" for them. Hope you get more comfortable temperatures soon.
Faith x

Sue said...

Gorgeous CAS card Brenda...I'm melting just thinking of those temperatures!! The earth is definitely getting hotter because we have temps that are beating records every month. Ollie has been to the beach and wouldn't come out of the water LOL he loves it and he had a nice cool down...have a wonderful weekend hugs Sue x

Jenny L said...

Hi Brenda,
what a fabulous card and I love the smooshed background and the die cut that you have used out of it.
These colours achieved are one of my fave colours.
All in all a super CAS design.
Weather sounds too darn hot for me I am not good with the heat,
Good job I was born in the UK.
Lots of crafty love and hugs from my house to yours. Jenny L.

Liz said...

Beautiful CAS card, Brenda. I love the colour combination. Your card would be perfect for the Allsorts Challenge, where the optional theme is to use an embossing folder. xx

Sue - said...

A lovely card Brenda and isn’t a good feeling to use up some of those leftover bits. Make sure you stay in the cool, those temperatures are too much for me these days.

kiwimeskreations said...

Your heat wave is unbelievable Brenda - Italy and other parts of Europe are also experiencing extreme temperatures - I think I had better not complain about the rain and chill here :)
Love your card - those colours are so pretty together
Blessings
Maxine

Carol L said...

Oh my goodness, I just LOVE this one Brenda! Those colors are fabulous and I love all the stitching in the squares and especially that fabulous smooshed embossed panel! Very nicely done, now go take a dip in the pool, you've earned it in this heat! LOL

jimlynn said...

Wow! Leftovers worked like magic. I love this beauty!! So pretty and know that clip with the butterfly shines.
Stay cool!
Lynn

I Card Everyone said...

A good sign of a creative crafter is being able to pull 'leftovers' together in such a way that no one would ever know! You are a VERY creative crafter, Brenda - a lovely card in all your favorite colors! [bonus: a butterfly!]
=]

Loll said...

The embossed butterflies looks so pretty on your smooshed panel, Brenda. Love it with the deal turquoise frame too. Beautiful CAS design. xx

Bonnie said...

Love these colors and the embossed butterfly! A great way to use up those bits! Stay cool!