Saturday, February 4, 2017

Stacking Layers

Hello my crafty friends, I have been on a card making marathon! I know, you are shocked aren't you?!! I made a lot of cards, which isn't like me at all, but I was on a roll. Now if I can get on a roll like that with my craft room redo I'd have it made. lol Hopefully that will kick in better to now. I have also been babysitting my little "almost" 3 year old granddaughter on the weekends while her parent paint. Savannah loves having Trinity over because she plays with her-they wear each other out which is good for me. lol 

Ok, on with the cards. I will be posting many posts by doing the cards in sections. Here are the first ones. Now I got the stacked background as an SVG file from Lori Whitlock. Love her designs!!! I fell in love with the stacked layers when Jennifer McGuire showed them but there was no way I was going to pay that much for a die. Then low and behold Lori Whitlock made SVG's like them! I was swooning and bought the whole lot! I think there is 13 in all, but don't hold me to that. I don't have all 13 here, as I only did a few of them in Valentine's. The rest I have ready to be made into another type of cards. I kept the stacking layers in all white, but I think they would look great in monochromatic colors as well and will be trying that out sometime. I put black on the backs of three of the stacked layers and love how it came out. The last two I put on a white card base keeping the card mostly white on white with a pop of red and black. I kept these simple because I wanted the focus to be on those stacking layers. So what do you think?!! Are you in love with these stacking layers as much as I am???

As always I thank you for stopping by and visiting with me for a spell! Your comments always bring joy and sunshine to my life! 








Crafty hugs,





Card Recipe:
Lori Whitlock stacking layers SVG's-NBUS
My Creative Time-"love" hearts, love and the next to last heart dies
Simon Says-last heart die


24 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh my goodness!!!! This is totally awesome Brenda!!! I love, love, love each one!! The white with the black and red is just beautiful!!!
Can't wait to see the next set.

MaryH said...

These are all JUST AWESOME! Loving the stacked layer looks on the background, (I'm with you on the price point of these dies! So you're clever to be able to do it your way). The hearts look fantastic over the different layer designs, and I'm really liking the way #1 heart has the sentiment as part of the line design. Good for you at being so creatively productive. Can't wait to see the rest of your cards! Enjoy the grand & the pup! TFS & Hugs. MM

Lisa said...

Wow, these are amazing, Brenda!! I absolutely love those stacked backgrounds!! They are so gorgeous!! Each card is fabulous!! I love, love them my friend!! So, so beautiful!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Loll said...

These are all beautiful designs Brenda. You really ARE on a roll! Very classes with white, black and red. xx

Tina Campbell said...

Very Pretty cards Brenda and I agree that was a great way to buy them :) Hugs my friend and stay warm :) Tina

Sheila H said...

Brenda, these cards are jaw dropping! I know what you mean about the high cost of the dies Jennifer McGuire used. Keep the cards rolling, my friend! I'm looking forward to seeing more.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wow, these are gorgeous! I thought these were those Birch Press dies - so fabulous that you got them as SVGs! Love the look of these stacked die-cuts!

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous stacked layers Brenda. I think I like the white on white the best, but they are all beautiful. Your finished cards are so wonderful because you kept the designs CAS. TFS your cards and your enthusiasm for your technique. Hugs...

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ohhh wowsers!!! Lovely layering indeed!
So understand why you were on a roll, Brenda, you have had great fun. I so know what you mean about the dies, they're not,cheap for sure. But no use for SVG files either, no cutter here. But love what you've made all of them.
I can see why a cutter would be handy.
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Marilyn said...

OMG!! Your cards are gorgeous. Love the stacked layers

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Oooh, thank you so very much for the link Brenda sweet friend! I too, like everyone else, LOVE those layering dies, but can't afford the huge amount of money that they cost! I had never heard of Lori Whitlock until now, but certainly bookmarked for future reference . . . and yes, I came away with the bulk pack, plus a couple of others too (missed out on the freebies as I didn't see it until after I paid). Your cards look absolutely stunning my friend! Can't wait to see the rest! Have a wonderful Sunday! Luv n’ Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

jimlynn said...

WOW! The stacked layers are so pretty! I must have missed out seeing how to do that. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your cards! You've been very busy!
LYnn

Bonnie said...

Wow, Brenda! These are amazing! I see why you are on a roll with them! I don't think I would be able to stop either! Such elegant Valentines!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

These are gorgeous! Beautiful designs! Carri~Abusybee
Skittles!

Sue said...

What an amazing set of cards, Brenda. The stacked die cuts look stunning and so elegant.

Leslie Germain said...

Pretty cards, Brenda!! Love the second one with the sparkly heart and the way the working is inserted in it!! So pretty!! Enjoy your granddaughter!! Love seeing your creations!!

scrappymo! said...

These are so cool. I love the look of the stacked backgrounds and they way you have used them. You are well set for Valentines cards now!

kiwimeskreations said...

Brenda these are AMAZING - so thrilled for you that you found the SVG files as a good price. As I saw each card I kept getting more and more wowed.
Blessings
Maxine

Jenny L said...

Hi Brenda,
what superb cards, and they are all so superbly created.
I love them all as they so very goreous.
You are a very talented lady.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Kristie Goulet said...

I absolutely LOVE those stacked backgrounds!!! I too, wish they weren't so expensive but love your creative way of making your own. Hugs, Kristie

Veerle said...

OMGosh Brenda your cards looks awesome. Ace creations my friend. They look so intricate. Well done. Hugs Veerle x

cm said...

BRENDA! Oh my sweet friend! Umpteen apologies for being MIA; my scheduled 7 days of marking diploma exams (which I've babbled about in my blog) transformed into 12 (talk about blurry eyes!) which saw me falling behind in leaving real comments. Hopefully, you received the oohing and ahhing thought-bubble ones I sent your way, as your gallery has been nothing short of marvelous! Starting my catching up here and holy smokes! Your stacked layers cards are stunning; as in STUNNING! Classy, sophisticated, elegant...the works! And I love the MCT dies you've selected; just 'enough' image to allow those luscious layers to remain the stars of the show. WOW! I, too, am bedazzled with those dies, but I agree: soooo pricey! Thrilled you found them in your Silhouette store; I think they were 'made' for you!
Hugs and love~c

I Card Everyone said...

Now I haven't the foggiest clue what an SVG file is ... dark ages, I know! BUT these layers are spectacular!!!! OH my goodness, I've only seen anything like them from Birch Press for about a million bucks!!! Keep these coming - I LOVE them in white - OH what about GRAY!!! xx
=]

Karen Petitt said...

You have been a busy girl Brenda, all of these are stunning, love the multiple layers, they are so beautifully textured too Karen xx