Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Look at What my Son Made Me!!!

Hi my crafty friends, I'm so excited to share with you what my baby made me this spring at school. So far he has made himself a tv stand, a dresses and a queen sized bed frame with a headboard and foot board. Well he has made me a tv stand too and you can see that here. But he also made me a queen sized bed too for our guest bedroom!!! OMGosh it is beautiful and solid as a rock! I'm so in love with it, love it even more than I do my own queen bed that we paid lots of money for. So I was working on getting this room pulled together so there are some things in the pictures that haven't been put in their spot yet. I started with making the bed. My comforter is old and totally worn out but it will do until I get a new one for this beautiful bed. Our grandkids can't wait to spend the night and sleep in Uncle Bret's new bed that he made. lol I can't wait either! So for Bret's grad present we got him a nice mattress and box spring and got ourselves one too and put our old mattress and box spring on the guest bedroom bed. I think our son made out pretty good, but I think we did too with this nice bed. I hope to one day give it to his first born child to have. Well lets get at it and see the pictures of this bed! I'm so proud of him!!

I am using a wooden tv tray as a night stand until I find something I like. This is a small room so it won't be anything to big. As you can see there is the door to go out the room and to the right where the tv tray is is the closet.


 This is the side rails, talk about beefy!! They are way bigger than what is on my own bed. Yes, our carpet is worn out too. lol I am hoping to soon get hardwood floors in the house throughout. One step at a time!


 And here is the foot board. I love the way he did the legs, they are tapered down and they look so pretty. I so love this bed!! He got second place on it at May Day. His is similar but he did panels on his head and foot boards. He likes this one better and I told him he could have this one instead. I really love both beds and it didn't matter to me which one he gave me. But being the sweetie he is, he said no-he made this one for me. Awww, how sweet is he?!! I'm not partial or anything though. lol

I hope you have enjoyed seeing this beautiful bed. I'm tickle pink over it!! Thanks for stopping by and letting me brag a little...ok I bragged a lot! lol Crafty hugs, Brenda

24 comments:

Sheila H said...

I am very impressed with your son's talent, Brenda. The bed is fabulous! This is a priceless gift and family heirloom.

Marilyn said...

Gorgeous!!!!!

Sue said...

Oh my goodness Brenda!!!! how proud you must be of Bret this is totally amazing!! good job Bret! lots of huggles Sue xxxx

Karen Petitt said...

Very, very impressive! I am not surprised that you love it - it's gorgeous! Karen xx

Sharon said...

WOWZERS!!!!! This is beautiful Brenda!!! :)

Lisa said...

Wow, it's amazing!! It looks like something you would pay big bucks for!! He did a fabulous job!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

jimlynn said...

Brenda.......WOWSERS!!!!!! Bret made a absolutely gorgeous piece of furniture!! Beautiful workmanship and something to treasure always. Kudos big time to Bret - and for you and Dwayne for having such a wonderful son.
Lynn

MaryH said...

Bret did a fantastic job on this beautiful frame. Firstly, love his choice of wood. Also like the simplicity of his design that lets the wood star. You are justly proud of this furniture piece, and it will definitely become a family heirloom. How blessed you are to have (1)such a talented son (2)that he shows his love by spending time to make his Mama something so beautifully done. And your comforter is very pretty with the bed. It looks 'old-timey'. TFS & give Bret a big hug and tell him 'Well DONE'! Hugs MM

Vickie said...

WOW!!!! and WOW!!! again.

Bonnie said...

Wow, wow, wow!!! What a beautiful bed! Your son is very talented and generous! I know you are so proud of him!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful. Great workmanship. Good job Bret.

Jeri said...

Seriously, this is the bed that took second place. No way. The judge must have been blind. This is truly gorgeous. I'm in need of a king size headboard, where can I place my order??? This young man has a brilliant future as a furniture maker. Totally impressive!

Anonymous said...

Brenda, you have a very sweet and talented son. This is gorgeous!!! He did a fabulous job. No wonder you are so proud of him. He did a wonderful job on the TV cabinet too. His work is jus beautiful.

Brenda in IN said...

What a wonderful gift!! He really is a great craftsman. The workmanship is beautiful. I would love to have someone so talented to make cabinets and drawers for my craft room. Maybe he could hire out to us card makers. Thanks for asking about the tornado. We are fine but had some storm on our side of town.

Anita in France said...

Brenda, you have every reason to be so proud of Bret ... what an amazing craftsman he is ... and at such a young age! This bed is so beautifully crafted and finished ... a future heirloom ... and a labour of love for his Mom! Anita :)

Carol L said...

I think it's wonderful that your son made this fabulous bed! What a treasure to pass down through the family! I own a marble top table that my great great grandfather made and I will always be grateful that it's mine today! Give your son a big hug for me for being such a thoughtful, caring and talented person! Bless his heart!!!

Darnell said...

You have every reason to brag, Brenda! I would be so proud, too! In fact, I prolly would have posted 15 more photos!! What an amazing talent he has - it's gorgeous!! Hugs, Darnell

cm said...

....THUD!! That's my jaw-dropping at how awesome Bret's craftsmanship is; this bed frame is the mark of an incredibly skilled young man, obviously excellent with his hands, and attentive to details! Gorgeous, handsome, stunning - call it what you will - this is one amazing piece of artistry, carpentry and 'heart'! Your pride for him comes through every. single. word of your post, as well as the photos. You have every right to be immensely proud of him; heck, I'm proud of him too, because his love for you inspired him to design and create this. Oh, how the grandkids will enjoy "Uncle Bret's" fabulous bed!! WOW x a zillion! You've got yourself some amazing boys, my friend, which just mirrors how amazing YOU are in turn!!
Hugs~c

Jules said...

Hi Brenda

What super talented Son .. .. and fantastic workmanship.

No wonder you are in love with his creation and so proud of him .. .. you should be!

Have a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

Joyce Tompkins said...

Brenda what talent your son has!! Obviously he gets that creative talent from his mom :)

Kellie 0:) said...

Oh boy what a creation. You must be so proud. Talent runs in your family

Caroline said...

Wow, Brenda!! This bed is awesome and you can tell he put alot into it. Beautiful wood staining and I love the inlays. I can see why you would be so proud.

Hugs

MaryH said...

Thanks for the blog visits, and hoping that the wkend finished with a nice time had by all!!! Have a great week & don't work too hard! Hugs

D- said...

Wow no wonder you are proud. His bed is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot