Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Graduation

Hello my crafty friends, I know it has been a long while since I've posted. It's been a busy end of May and beginning June. But I have some things to share with you. First off I will share some pictures of my "baby" graduate.  This post will get pic heavy so please bare with me if you would. I'm a proud momma and just want to show off my baby. lol Then  I will have some crafty pictures for you as well.



I wanted some pictures of my baby before he left for the school.



Walking across the stage to get his diploma

 Proud Mom and Dad

 Brother #4 and Brother #2

The banner I made him. It is view-able from both sides. This side has rosettes and the other side doesn't. His name hang below but the wind kept it blowing so the letters where twirling. 

 The table ware, I made pockets with my envie punch board and place the napkin, the fork and the spoon in it so all everyone had to do is grab the whole pocket.

 I took a tuna can and placed these sentiments in it. Nothing fancy, just a little decoration.

 This is a can also that I just covers and decorated a little. Placed a store bought decoration in it.

 Same for this can. Nothing fancy. 

 My son's manager at our local movie house also bakes cakes. So I had her make his grad cake.

This is the envie pocket for the tableware. 


I hope I didn't bore you too much!!! Now hopefully I will get back on track with my crafting. Mowing the grass takes up much of my time and then of course I am all ready to get into the pool after mowing. lol But it will have to warm up a little more before I do. Mowing takes a lot out of me and I am mowing every 2 days. I love mowing but I can tell it is getting a little harder on me each year. And most of it is the heat. We don't haven't had high temps but it has been really humid and tropical. Today we did get to 94 and I almost got in the pool when I was done mowing, but there was still some spiders in there from opening the pool. Hubby got them out this evening for me and now I'm good to go. lol I don't mind spiders in the grass and such, but don't want them swimming with me!  As always thank you for stopping by and sittin' a spell with me. I always love when you stop by and I love your sweet comments. Crafty hugs, Brenda

20 comments:

~ Jo ~ said...

Oh he looks so handsome and so happy!!! Congratulations Mama!!! You and Dwayne look so proud, as you should be!!! Love all your crafty handmade décor for his party! Love it!
Hugs,
Jo
xox

Anonymous said...

Congrats to all of you. (graduation does involve everyone, doesn't it?) Your decorations are so cute. Very creative and festive. I'm sure he appreciated it. You look so proud and happy.
As far as the spiders go...I don't want anything to do with them. I wouldn't swim with them either!

Unknown said...

Brenda, what a beautiful family you have. My baby graduated last year. Where does the time go?! Love all your decorations. Looks like mama gave him a nice party. :) Hugs sweet friend!

Tina Campbell said...

Wow everything turned out great and the weather was fantastic for the special day! Proud parents what a wonderful picture lots of scrapbook memories there :)

Lisa said...

What awesome pictures of your graduate and of your entire family!! All of the decorations look amazing!! You did such a fabulous job with all of it!! I hope you get to enjoy the pool today without any 8-legged co-swimmers ;) Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

jimlynn said...

Sensational photos!!! Looks like a good time was had by all and Bret is so handsome. How proud y'all are too! Loved all the pictures and Brenda, your decorations are super fantastic!!! That's a ton of work but they all look just beautiful.
Lynn

cm said...

Wow, Brenda: cheering and applauding your handsome son's accomplishment! The photos of the proud mom, dad and brothers are just incredibly heart-warming! Looks to me you've raised a crew of fine, upstanding men! YOu are absolutely gorgeous, beaming with joy! Your decorations are amazing! Love the cutlery pockets especially ~ classy as well as practical! Hope you have some pool time(swimming with spiders = ewwww!!). We rarely get temperatures in the 90s here (come to think of it, we rarely get much past 70!), so the thought of heat and a pool sounds super amazing!! Running off to a meeting; will be in touch super duper soon!! Hugs,sweet friend!!
c

Bonnie said...

Thanks so much for sharing your party with us, Brenda! What pretty decorations! You look like a proud and happy Momma!

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely family and wonderful handsome son... . I had to close down Memories to Keep due to a hacker, so my new one is up and running with a candy...if you want to join up and join in please do so.xxx aNNie xx



The Journey is the Start

Vickie said...

Handsome Handsome Handsome. all the men in your life. and then there is YOU>> Gorgeous.

Love all the decorations. Cans work perfectly.

Carol L said...

TFS this special moment in your life with some great photos! The decorations are all so festive, and I especially love your idea for the silverware packets! I love the little sticker that holds them together! Gorgeous, yummy-looking cake and you have a great looking family too! This weather has been horribly humid hasn't it? 2 more days before we see the sun again, and I'm so ready! Have a great weekend!!

Jeri said...

Are you still wiping the tears away? I know you were a bit sad to have your baby graduate, but think of it as beginning the empty nest stage of life. You know how much hubby and I have been enjoying our empty nest time. You just have to get over the initial shock. LOL All of your graduation goodies are fabulous. I can see what's been keeping you so busy, my friend! Congrats to your son and to you and hubby for completing the honorable feat of raising all your children. Well done, girlfriend!

Sue said...

Oh Brenda! thank you for sharing this with us..what wonderful photo's of a brilliant day and how handsome are your boys!!! Bret looked amazing in his graduation clothes and you did him proud by putting on a wonderful party for him. Gorgeous cake and all the things you crafted are amazing. What a beautiful family you and your hubby have raised you must be so proud!! lots and lots of huggles Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Hey proud Mama! You did a fabulous job with all the decorations! I just love the tableware envies! Such a great idea!!! You sure do have a handsome family! Congratulations!!
P.S. I wish I had a pool! But I agree..NO SPIDERS!!!

MaryH said...

So enjoyed all the pictures. Some handsome boys you've got, and Bret really favors you a lot. Good pics of you & Pop with the grad too. Your decorations are so pretty, and he's lucky to have a Mom talented enough - who cares enough - to make the celebration so special for him. Hope all of you have a good summer, and don't work too hard with all that mowing. Give yourself plenty of rest time. TFS & Hugs

Karen Petitt said...

Fabulous creations Brenda, you didn't bore me - I love seeing friends real life stuff! It's what happens when you end up housebound most of the time lol! I love those little envelopes - fantastic! Karen xx

Sheila H said...

Your handsome son looks proud and happy as do you and your husband. I love your beautiful party decorations.

Caroline said...

I love all the pictures. What a proud Mom and Dad. I can see that you have been so busy and the party looks awesome!! I have missed you and can see what you have been up to. I like the comment you made about the spiders swimming with you, lol. I prefer my critters to stay where the belong, also.

Anita in France said...

It's so lovely to see you here again, Brenda ... it's good to visit with you as well as having you visit me! What a handsome family you have ... you must be so proud of your youngest young man! What a great party you threw ... particularly love the idea of the silverware pockets! Sorry I'm so late ... I'm playing catch up after the Feedly blip ... I'll be back! Anita :)

DIANA L. said...

Congrats to your son. You did a great job on the decorations and thank you for sharing your family hugs DIANA L.