Friday, June 13, 2014

Bloom Where Your Planted


Hi my crafty friends, I hope this Friday finds you happy and ready to face the weekend! Our sun is back out after a thunder boomer this afternoon.It's nice to see the sun after a week of not seeing it!!  I hope you are also ready for Father's Day. I am not however and have no clue what I will do for my son's other than a card. The ones that live near by I make a home bake goody for, so I will have to get busy on that on Saturday after I get my hair cut. And I only have 2 out of 4 cards made! Yes, it was a bad week for me. But I hope to finish the cards today and maybe slip out and get my hubby something from me. 

This card was inspired by Carol over at Just me C by this card. Carol makes the most amazing cards and I'm such a big fan of her. I wish my card would have came out better, it didn't even come out like I envisioned it. lol You win some and you lose some, it seems I lose a lot of them. lol But it is still a colorful card if nothing else and I will most likely use it for one of my granddaughters in the future. My flower is from MCT called Build a Pretty Flower stamp set and I actually won this set. My postage stamp frame is also MCT and it is called Stitched Postage Frame die and my sentiment is from MCT as well and it is called Shine Bright stamp set. Some home made enamel dots, the words in the flower came from different sets from My Pink Stamper and are no longer available. I embossed the sentiment in white embossing powder. My frame paper is just some snippets from my snippet drawer. And that is it. It was a simple card although not as sweet as Carol's, but I can live with that. lol 

Thanks for stopping by today and visiting a spell, you know how much it means to me when you stop by! I hope you have a fabulous weekend with your amazing father's!!! Crafty hugs, Brenda








Entering this card at Darnell's advice, lol, at Time Out Challenges with the theme being "summer with the optional twist of flowers".  Thanks Darnell!! 





15 comments:

Darnell said...

Brenda, you did a magnificent job CASEing the awesome Carol's pretty card! You are waaaay too hard on yourself! I love everything about this from the dark card base to the postage die plaid mat, to the inspirational bloom, candy, and white embossed perfect sediment!

I'd say you covered all the bases and I wish I could think of a challenge off the top of my head for you to enter. My card today is all Christmas so I haven't looked at my challenge list for a while ... I found one! The TIME OUT challenge, which is a great group of ladies if you don't already know them. The theme is "summer, with a twist of 'flowers'"! Cool!!

Glad you are feeling a bit better! Happy a wonderful Father's Day weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

Carol L said...

I'm really liking this card, and I love that it's completely yours, even though you were inspired by someone else's card! The plaid postage stamp looks perfect on the black background, and I love all the words in the petals of the flower! The enamel dot's ain't too shabby either! *wink wink!*
Have a great father's day weekend with your family! Isn't that sunshine a wonderful thing?!? My spirits are lifted already ;)

Karen Petitt said...

This is gorgeous Brenda! I love the flower stamp you have used and the sentiment is fabulous too! Those dots are gorgeous too Karen x

Karen Petitt said...

Um how did you make your own enamel dots? I have a non-existent budget right now so if I can make anything myself I like to! Karen x

Skye said...

A terrific card. I love the bright cheery postage stamp matting and the pops of colour against the black. Lovely sentiment

Lisa said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the pretty, colorful frame and the gorgeous flower!! It looks amazing!! I hope you enjoy your weekend!! It's 70 here an has been sunny all day...perfect weather!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

jimlynn said...

Brenda, this is wonderful, fabulous, and everything in between! WOW!!! I love the pop of all those colors against the black and the home made enamel dots are sensational! LOVE THIS!
Lynn

Diane Jaquay said...

I love this card, the postage frame shape is adorable, as is the sweet flower!! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me such a sweet comment :)

Sheila H said...

Your card is playful and cute. Those enamel dots are darling - hats off to you for making them :)

Tina Campbell said...

Super cute card, love the plaid postage stamp behind the fun flower with all the pretty words on it, you did fine with it. Gonna be a beautiful day PA :)

Anonymous said...

Brenda, this card just screams "happy" to me. I love the colors and the paper. This just feels good. (I like yours better!)

Karen Petitt said...

Thank you Brenda - the instructions are perfect - I just need to get some of the beads next time I go to Hobbycraft! Have a lovely weekend Karen xx

cm said...

Oh my, Brenda - I'm all misty-eyed with your kind words and thrilled x a gazillion that your found one of my cards to be an inspiration for yours! THANK YOU - you've made my day extra sparkly (and given that my niece and nephew are here, you can already image the sparkles, sparkles and sparkles! Add some from you: fabulous). I agree with Darnell: you are being too hard on yourself! I LOVE your card: the postage stamp frame, the flowers, the sprinkle of home-made dots (need to try that 'recipe'!) makes for a card that is uniquely *you*. Love this oodles and oodles! Challenges I think this would fit: STAMPlorations monthly sketch - stamps and a border (I think your frame = a border, as does the stitching); Cure for the Monday Blues - your whimsical flowers match those on the inspiration image. This little gem deserves to be showcased every place possible; it's truly awesome! As for Father's Day cards *hanging head in embarrassment* - haven't made one for my dad yet. Naughty me! I'll for sure do something...just waiting for my MCT order to arrive. I have plans for the anchor. Have an excellent Saturday, dear friend - and again, your shout out has touched my heart!! A zillion hugs~c

Bonnie said...

This is beautiful, Brenda! I love how the bright colors pop against the black and that is an amazing flower with a wonderful message! Perfect for a special young lady!

MaryH said...

Not sure what you're not happy with on this pretty card, cuz I think it's very lovely. I looked at the inspiration cards, and they are nice (thanks for the link), but you made this one all your own, and it has your individual style to it. I'm really like that stitched die, (oh I'm a sucker for the piercing & stitching), and the colorful plaid is so nice against the navy of the background. Your flower is just as cute as can be, and IMHO, this is a great card! Good JOB! TFS & HUGS too. MM (your grand will love it too!)