Monday, June 23, 2014

All American Girl-BBTB2 Challenge

Hello my crafty friends, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Today at BBTB2 our talented design team sister Melanie has issued a summer challenge for us. There is all kinds of fun that goes on in the summer! I chose to scrap a few pictures of my granddaughter when she was a baby and swimming in our pool. I can't believe she will be 6 years old this fall! It seems like yesterday she was tiny like this. lol First my boys and now my grandchildren are growing up way to fast. I must apologize first off for the poor lightening. I didn't get done before dark, so I had terrible lightening to work with. Either I was in my shadow or else I could get up on the layout to get a good picture. For my title I used the Cricut cartridge Opposites Attract. I also cut it twice once in black and then either red or the blue so I could "shadow" it. Yes, this cartridge does have a shadow, but I just wanted to offset a shadow. For my beach ball and little bathing suit (which I messed up on, but at that point didn't care!) came from the cartridge Pack Your Bags, and the little duck came from the cartridge Doodlecharms. I used some of my homemade enamel dots to finish the layout off. And that is it. I had gotten her a little two piece red/white/blue bathing suit and she wore it while swimming at Papaw's and Grandma's pool, so that's why I went with a red/white/blue color theme. Plus her daddy is a soldier, another reason I got the patriotic suit. I have some other pictures that show her in her bathing suit and I will probably do a second page layout to go with this one. I'm so looking forward to seeing this little lady and her brother when they come in this Thursday for the wedding of our other son. So what do you think, gotta summer project in mind?? Well get it done and link up with us over at BBTB2. Can't wait to see what you do! Need inspiration?? Well look no farther than the design team-they have wonderful inspiration for you. As always thanks for stopping by for a spell today. I always love Monday visitors, and while you are here come on our and take a dip in the pool with me. I love chatting out in the pool or on the pool deck. Until next time-Crafty hugs, Brenda



Another view-trying to be better lightening. lol

21 comments:

Life and Knits said...

What an awesome layout!! Great pics too!!

Susie

Lisa said...

This is so fabulous, Brenda!! What absolutely adorable pictures!! She is such a sweetie!! Awesome layout my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Anonymous said...

Love this bright happy layout. And your granddaughter was a beauty. I bet she's even more beautiful now at the ripe old age of 6. Enjoy seeing them.

Mayras Designs said...

This is sooo fun , and super adorable !!! I love the pictures !!!!! Wonderful layout Brenda , and a perfect theme !!! I would love to visit with you and your wonderful pool !!! If you are ever in California you are more than welcome at my home to visit and swim !!!
Hugs,
Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

jimlynn said...

What a cutie this little one is!!! Great photos and love the layout and all the beach themed accents. Very nice!!!
Lynn

Tina Campbell said...

Super cute layout Brenda and she is such a cutie too :) Love the grid style of the layout and I'm liking that it's coming back in style. Yes they do grow up way to quickly I totally agree :) But it is nice to scrap the early pictures and the memories of once was. Stay cool my friend, hugs Tina

DIANA L. said...

Hi Twin - we must have been on the same wave length doing layouts Love the pics of the kiddos. Super happy colors and I like the little journaling card. Have a blessed day.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Anita in France said...

Such a fun layout, Brenda ... and what a little cutie pie your granddaughter was (and no doubt still is!). Your pool looks very inviting ... especially after 45C sunshine here today! Anita :)

Sue said...

Aww Brenda this is so lovely! and such bright colours and isn't she just the sweetest:) lots of huggles Sue xxx

Caroline said...

Your layout is absolutely wondeful. I love the pics of your grand daughter. What a cute little girl and you can tell how much she is enjoying herself! What a perfect title for your layout also!!

Sheila H said...

Sweet layout - love the pictures! Your granddaughter is beautiful :)

Sharon said...

Awesomeness for sure Brenda!!! I so love the cuts, the colors and those precious photos!!! :)

MaryH said...

Aw, this is just cute as can be. A nice layout of a sweet little girl and your pictures looked fine to me! What a treasure this will be for her when she's old enough to appreciate her Granma taking time to do this special page just for her. TFS & Hugs

Pam MacKay said...

Love your darling All American Girl layout! And she is such a cutie pie!!

Bonnie said...

Awh! What a wonderful way to remember this day and your little doll! They do grow up so fast don't they?

Carol L said...

The lighting looks fine to me Brenda! This is such a cute page with an adorable subject :) I just love that tiny bikini in the top corner and the little duckie on the bottom! Such a sweet page for such a cute all American girl!!

Mollie said...

Super fun layout, Brenda! Those pics are too cute!!! Great cuts and title! And that bed your son made is AMAZING!!! What talent!!!

Have a wonderful day!!!

Emily
Mollie's Motif

Laura Pizz said...

I love this layout - great work!

moknowsall said...

Great layout, I see your granddaughter has the same floating as mine does. The title is cool

Wow that bed is fantastic, just priceless. The year my son went to high school the wood shop teacher retired and they couldn't find a replacement. So they closed up the program and my son was devastated. It's all academics here. I would have loved for him to learn those skills.
Maureen

cm said...

HELLO, sweet friend *waving wildly*! Oh my gosh, but is your grand-daughter a cutie-patootie of exponential proportions! Such a little doll, sporting that sweet bathing suit. And those sunglasses? We are talking adorable-overload here! What an amazing Grandma you are, creating a keepsake of treasured moments. I know she'll love it now, and even more, as she gets older (oh, the thought...they grow up TOO fast!). Heart-warming and heart-melting. On another note: one of your son's is getting married THIS weekend? Did you share this and I missed the post! Good heavens, but this is awesome news! I can only imagine how busy - and excited - you are! Photos, please!! Gracious, but I'm beside myself with how thrilled I am for you, or rather, how thrilled I am that a lucky gal will have YOU as her mother-in-law!! Hope she knows what a treasure she has in you! Hugs, hugs and hugs!! ~c

Jaren said...

Such a very cute layout!!! I love how you did the title with mixed fonts and the pictures are precious!