Monday, June 16, 2014

Graduation Continues....At BBTB2

Hello my crafty friends, I think I am finally getting myself back on track again, it think. lol  It's been busy and crazy around here since the end of May. I had a Lupus flare because I stress out over things way to much. What can I say, I've been like this since I was 3 years old!  I am trying hard not to stress so much, but when your baby grows up on you, it's hard not to stress. Or at least it was hard for me. Any way, after a few weeks of resting and trying to keep up with the mowing, I am finally getting some energy back and feeling better. Of course we had a full week of rain and ugly grey days, which didn't help my RA and Lupus. My body didn't want to bend or move. I hate feeling like I'm 104 years old. Anyway, graduation isn't done yet! Yep you heard me right, my sweet design team sister Mayra has issued the challenge to the rest of us at BBTB2  of graduation. And of course I made it hard on myself cause you know with the blockage up in my brain, I just don't think right, oh and add in the Lupus fog and you got one mother with no brain! That's how I feel, no brain Brenda should be my new name. I wanted to keep the graduation party stuff for this challenge and what did I do but went and posted it. lol See, told you...no brain! So back to the drawling board I went. Of course I used Pinterest for my inspiration and jumping point. Well I came across a card that I made for son #4 when he graduated from college back in Dec. But I did it with the Cricut this time! Here is the original card. Now here is mine:



Yes, a blatant copy! I am not above copying an awesome card, no I have no shame at all!  I am hearing you asking me where in the heck did I use the Cricut at, right?! Well I used the Cricut cartridge Pretty Pennants for the three pennant shapes!  Then I used a My Creative Time die for my sentiment banner. The little "hat" is just a square I cute and then place a little tassel on. Yes, I know my "buttons" are crooked-dang it again! When will I ever learn to measure and make marks with a pencil instead of just eye bawling everything?!! I know I can't eye bawl things because I have crooked eyes!! Oh well what is done is done. My buttons are Vivia pearl pen as is the "button" on the hat. My sentiment comes from a Cardz TV stamp set. So that's my card for this challenge at BBTB2. You will so need to go check out what all my design team sisters have done, I promise you won't be disappointed with their grad projects. Then I hope you will join us with your own grad project and link up with BBTB2!! I can't wait to see what you all do! Thanks as always for stopping by and sittin' a spell with me. Gosh we just may have to sit out by the pool this week because it is supposed to be hot this week. So if you come looking, check out by the pool for me. Until next time...crafty hugs, Brenda


Enter my grad card into Words 2 Scrap By-their challenge is graduations for the month of June-Oh the places you will go!

26 comments:

jimlynn said...

No brain Brenda is NOT a good name. Not when you can come up with things like this! This is one of the best graduation cards I've ever seen in my life! So perfect and don't worry about the buttons either. I'm never gotten anything straight in my life - period! Love your card!!!
Lynn

Mayras Designs said...

I love this graduation card !!!!! Great way to use the pennants !!!! I love this my friend !!! Hope you have a wonderful day !!
Hugs,
Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

This is so awesome!! What a fabulous graduation card!! I love the twine tassel!! The buttons aren't crooked - they are placed artistically ;) Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Jules said...

Hi Brenda

It sound like you have been having a hard time .. .. I hope you feel much better now.

I didn't find it easy when my babies grew up and left home. I felt like I was going to lose them for ever .. .. but of course you don't.

I was freaked by the thought of having an empty nest and still love it when they come home so I can care for them and spoil them.

I wish they had been babies longer LOL!!

Loving your graduation card. You must be the Queen of Graduation makes!

Loving all the graduation pictures you posted. Your Son has your smile!

Love Jules xx

Caroline said...

Brenda, you are just too funny! I think you did an awesome job on your card. Such a cute card! What a good idea to use a banner cut. I am glad that you are feeling better.

Sue said...

What a great card Brenda!! and your brain sounds like mine because its always fogged up lol you take care and put your feet up! lots of huggles Sue xxx

MaryH said...

Your card is great, so don't fret about the buttons. (If it's handmade, it isn't supposed to be "Hallmark"!). Until you said something, my eyes didn't pick it up anyway. The colors of the "V" draw the eye more than the buttons. This is so doggoned cute, and I love the little mortarboard hat. Great card for your challenge, and I'm glad you are beginning to feel a bit better. You take your time, give yourself some TLC, cause you got it coming. Now I'm off to see your NBUS entry. TFS & Hugs

Carol L said...

Stop beating yourself up, because you're doing just fine when you can make cards like this! I think I'm inspired by lots of cards I see and I'm big on CASED cards! There's no shame in trying to copy something you admire! This is a cool grad card, and I love the black & white colors. I hope the sunshine helps you feel better and clear-headed again soon! I was having the same brain fog with all that rainy weather last week, but I'm grateful I don't live in the heartland where they had twin side-by-side twisters earlier today, so I'm trying to refrain from complaining about weather in general! I'm just happy to have the sunshine again! Feel better soon, ya hear?!

Sharon said...

Well, I never would have thought to use pennants as the front lapel of a shirt. What a brilliant idea!! So you do have a brain in that head of yours!!! Love your card and great use of the square. I'll have to remember that one for sure!! Loving your awesome card Brenda!!!! :)

DIANA L. said...

I love how you used the pretty pennants and the cap and tassel are super. Very formal card! Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

DIANA L. said...

I love how you used the pretty pennants and the cap and tassel are super. Very formal card! Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Carole Beath said...

Hey Brenda Girl.... I hope you are feeling better by now. I am sendin' ya a hug.
Love this card. Love the pennants...
Hugs
Carole

Anonymous said...

No-brain, huh? Well someone with a brain had to figure out how to make this card with their Cricut.
Fabulous card, BTW. I eyeball everything. Can't measure to save my life. I have a magic ruler, the marks move every time I measure something. haha Never the same.
Love this card. It's so sophisticated and elegant.
See you by the pool.

Tina Campbell said...

Wow this is a cool card! I would have lifted it too and just might now that I see it. You did a fantastic job on it and the tassel that is so cool! Yep get ready for that heat wave 90 plus here by midweek.

Tina Campbell said...

Wow this is a cool card! I would have lifted it too and just might now that I see it. You did a fantastic job on it and the tassel that is so cool! Yep get ready for that heat wave 90 plus here by midweek.

Pam MacKay said...

Love the clever graduation cards design! Super perfect!!

Bonnie said...

This is the perfect graduation card, Brenda! I'd shamefully CASE it too! Glad you're starting to feel better.

Laura Pizz said...

Nothing wrong with scrap lifting -- esp such a great card! Great work!

Laura Pizz said...

Nothing wrong with scrap lifting -- esp such a great card! Great work!

BobbisTreasure said...

Love your interpretation of the Words 2 Scrap By Challenge - Oh, the Places You'll Go!! Very crisp and clean. Thanks for playing along with us!

The Queen (Laura) said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. This card is awesome! I love the pennants. Great job!
Lots of Hugs,
Laura

Anita in France said...

So glad to hear you're feeling better, Brenda ... and no, you can't be no-brain-Brenda having made this awesome card! Love the cool black and white and the tassle on the cap! Keep well, my friend! Anita :)

moknowsall said...

Your write up this week is so funny. Your card is fantastic, but I know what you mean, sometimes you just can't come up with an idea when you need to

Maureen

Sybrina K said...

Hi, Brenda.

So sorry to read about your health challenges. Hope you're feeling lots better soon.

But, I was thrilled to see this fabulous graduation card! Love your explanation of how you made all the parts that went into this great card. Your cap and tassel are so clever!

We are really glad you joined us for our Oh, The Places You'll Go challenge. Thanks for playing along at Words 2 Scrap By!

Joyce Tompkins said...

CASE'ing is great (Copy And Share Everything)...it's a great card! If I need a graduation card I now know what I'll make :) I'm glad you are feeling better.

cm said...

"No Brain Brenda"? No way: Brilliant (and Beautiful, by the way!!) Brenda, is far more suiting, given this amazing card you've made! It's a fabulous Grad card, filled with all things such a celebration warrants: tuxedo, black buttons (I don't see crooked, as I have crooked eyes too!!), the grad cap and, of course, the sentiment. My friend, in a word, your card is AWESOME! So sorry to hear of your flare-ups, but that sparkly, uplifting spirit of yours is so positive and refreshing! We've had rainy days nearly all week, which doesn't do much for people's anxiety around here, give the flood last year that devastated our town and other parts of the province. Today, however, it's blue skies and sunshine; I can see the peaks of the Three Sisters mountains outside my kitchen window. My husband is off on a long bike ride later today, so we know what I'll be doing!! Hope you get some 'warmer' weather along with poolside time! Relax, enjoy, rejuvenate. You take care of YOU, my dear friend! Hugs~c