Sunday, June 15, 2014

NBUS!!



Hello my crafty friends, I hope you are having a wonderful day with  your father's today! It's a lovely day here in PA-well actually it's a perfect day here in PA! lol 

Over at djkardkreations, Darnell is having a challenge for reaching 500 followers and she wants us to use our never been used stuff. So I thought I'd play along. If you've never been to Darnell's blog you are missing out! Not only is she incredibly talented but she is also a great writer and has me laughing all the time. I just love visiting her cause I know I will always come away with a smile on my face thinking, "that was so much fun!".  And I have cough a lot of never been used schtuff!!! lol So what better time than to pull some of it out and use it. Now the theme is anything goes, but with a twist on friendship. My 4x3 card, butterfly, flower, the tiny heart, and the "writing" stamp is from My Creative Time. The leaves is a SU die. I also used my homemade enamel dots and a very old metallic gel pen from Creative Memories. My sentiment is from a Cardz TV Stamp set. All papers are snippets from my snippet drawers. I did use a viva pearl pen on the butterflies body but it all ran together. Dang it! Oh well, it wouldn't be a project of mine if I didn't mess something up on it! lol I hope you will go over and check out Miss Darnell's blog and maybe play along too! It's gonna be fun!! As always I want to thank you for stopping by and visiting me for a spell on this glorious day. It's always great getting visitors, especially ones as sweet as you all! Crafty hugs, Brenda






16 comments:

Sue said...

I'm catching up again Brenda blogger has been a bit of a pain today lol love your card :) and your right Darnell's blog always cheers me up when I read it she is so funny. Hope you have had a lovely weekend huggles Sue xxx

jimlynn said...

Brenda, I don't see a single thing messed up on it! It's just beautiful and I love the way you went around the edges to frame it out. Very pretty card.
Lynn

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful, Brenda!! I love the pretty flower and the design!! What a gorgeous card!! Have a wonderful evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Darnell said...

To start with, I just adore that border frame (note to self!)! This is so pretty, Brenda. I am aswoon over the text flower and butterfly and love the way you framed them!!

Thank you so much for linking this pretty card with my NBUS Challenge and for your very kind compliments! Back at you! It feels good to use that poor ol' neglected schtuff doesn't it?!

I hope you had a wonderful Father's Day with a lot of the fathers and sons in your family! In your family, this must parallel Christmas!! Hugs, Darnell

Carol L said...

I just love everything about this sweet little card! That curved chevron panel looks so pretty with that text-laden flower, and I love the framework you added to the outer edges! Beautifully done!!

Vickie said...

Beautiful card. I love the flower.


Hugs my friend.

Sue said...

This is beautiful Brenda. I love the layout and your pretty flower. The blue and brown colour scheme is one of my favourites :)

Anonymous said...

Brenda, this is a beautiful card. Love the paper you used for the flower and the butterfly. (lately I seem to LOVE word printed paper)
We seem to have a lot in common. I always seem to mess something up on each project. But you seem to cover yours a lot better than I do. I can't see anything messed up on your card. It's just fabulous! Hope you had a great weekend.

Tina Campbell said...

Nothing wrong with that butterfly it looks great! Good job with the homemade enamel dots and the card is fantastic, love the text flower and the frame is cool too,

Sheila H said...

The text flower and butterfly are so pretty, Brenda. The dots pop nicely, as does the frame around your image panel. Great color combo, too !

Karen Hasheck said...

What a pretty card for the NBUS challenge! I have a whole pile of NBUS too and so I joined this fun challenge. I am now a follower of your blog and would love it if you visited my blog and became a follower too. http://karenskreativekards.blogspot.com/

Kristie Goulet said...

Very pretty card for the NBUS challenge! I am now a follower of your blog and would love it if you visited my blog and became a follower too.
http://kreativekristies.blogspot.com/

Kay Miller said...

What a lovely card! The flower is gorgeous and I love the die across the top of the mat! So fabulous!

MaryH said...

Very sophisticated & subtle color combo, I'm liking this a lot! Ditto the way you have the shaped border out of the taupe color dp. Your butterfly body looks fine to me, (yeah, that stuff can run together, but on this - it looks fine...He's just got a fat body!!!). Super looking flower too, with the print dp and you did a fab job on the enameling. I'm so glad you entered this into Darnell's NBUS, would have worked for the Snippet Playground too! Good job! TFS & Hugs too. MM

cm said...

Brenda, I wish I could just reach through this computer screen and give you a gigantic, squishy hug for your awesome comment on my blog! With you beside me, we could have given those riders a real piece of our minds for sure! You're a gem! Way to rock the NBUS, my friend, with this awesome card! I've had that border panel die for a while and yep, NBUS. The flower, the butterfly, the scripty writing (in my collection now too!!) are pure delights! Awesome card in every way!! I had such an excellent time with the little ones. I showed my niece how to stamp and use my Cuttlebug a while back, so she had fun tinkering with those. My nephew had to 'learn' too...I'll have to share a highlight about his stamping endeavours. *Some* ink manages to arrive on the stamp...and his hands, arms and yes, face! Too cute; too much fun! Hugs to you - off to see what awaits next! ~c

Anita in France said...

Such a gorgeous colour combo, Brenda ... so calm and serene! The bloom is so beautifully dimensional and what a sweet wee butterfly! Anita :)