Thursday, May 3, 2012

Surgery Went Well

Hi Everyone, as some of you know I have had lots of kidney stones, 10 years worth to be exact with several times within the years.  I got stone free for about 1 - 1 1/2 years and wham, I had an attack two months ago.  Found out that I had two stones pass at the same time.  Had to go back to my urologist and he showed my how swollen my left kidney was and my tub was swollen and backed up with urine, he was thinking surgery right off the bat.  Well I really didn't want to have surgery, I wanted to give the stones time to pass.  Only they didn't pass.  So two weeks ago doc decided to stop waiting and do the surgery.  Today my surgery was done and went well.  The stones were impacted so they would have never passed no matter how long I waited. lol  Doc placed a stint in my tube to keep it open while it heals, I will have this about 10 days.  I have some problems with being put to sleep, but they gave me meds to help me out with that.  I still feel the effects of being put to sleep, and I am crampy, but not in pain so that is a good thing. DH has been awesome and taking great care of me, so good that the hospital wanted to hire him!! Youngest DS yells at me everytime I get up.  I'm only allowed to get up to go potty (they gave me meds to make me potty a lot). I have had lots of people praying for me and I so appreciate your prayers.  I am going to ask for you to keep my in your prayers as I have more stone, one in each kidney.  Please pray that these pass without any problems and that my body doesn't make even more.  I really don't want to repeat this proceedure. lol  Thank you my friends, you are all just awesome!!!  Big crafty hugs! Brenda

8 comments:

Amy said...

You will be in my thoughts and prayers during this time! Hope you don't have to repeat this and that you're feeling better... :)
Amy
redheadedcrafter.blogspot.com

The Queen (Laura) said...

Oh Brenda, you are definitely in my prayers. I'm praying they pass quickly. So much for you to go through. Hope you have a speedy recovery. I'm glad you have such wonderful family to take care of you.

~JulieH~ said...

Hi Brenda
I just popped over to welcome you to the BBTB2 team and say that I really look forwad to working with you on the team. Just read your post about your kidney stones and surgery, hope you feel better soon and praying that the two other stones pass naturally
Hugs
Juliexx

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the BBTB2 welcome. I do want to say your in my thoughts, and if anything needs surgery to get them out, DO IT! No second thoughts, no waiting until they pass.

My mother passed due initially a larger than passable kidney stone and it would've been prevented if she would've done surgery to get it removed earlier.Take care of yourself!

Brenda said...

Thank you Michelle for the advice. I'm so sorry to hear that your mom passed because of a large stone. I just never realized how bad it could get until reading this and experiencing it for myself. My DH was having a fit because two months had went by before the surgery. I will be keeping this in mind for future stones. Thank you also for your thoughts and prayers. My prayers are with you as well my friend. Hugs!!!

Shawnee said...

Brenda, I am so glad that you are home and are recovering. We will continue to pray for you. Please take it easy and rest!!

Hugs,
Shawnee

Unknown said...

Wow Brenda, you've had quite a time of it! I'm so glad your surgery went so well and I truly hope that the remaining 2 pass more easily. I also wanted to give you a great big atta girl for the BBTB2 gig !! Way To Go !!!

Hugs,
Mindy

Don Blankenship said...
This comment has been removed by the author.